Author Topic: Portable lights  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Piketipper

• IceShanty Rookie
Portable lights
« on: Feb 21, 2022, 07:17 PM »
I have some lights I use that are AAA battery operated but tired of going through batteries and not knowing how much juice I have left.

I see Otter has some options to connect to a 12v battery but does anyone use anything else?

It would be nice to connect to the vex battery or I have usb ports for my Milwaukee battery.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Portable lights
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2022, 08:50 PM »
Some rope lights will do that, I bought a extra battery just for that and some 4' rope lights to go across the bars in my portable.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2022, 08:53 PM »
Hub or flip over? Clam hub light is pretty bright. Have abused it for a few years and it still works. One lights up my Eskimo 949 pretty well

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2022, 12:22 PM »
I wired some 12 volt LED strips up to a switch and onto my Vexilar battery. The strips I used were not waterproof and my wiring job was certainly not the best, but they worked well. They take up almost no room and give your Vexilar a lantern option. You may want to consider a product like this (not the strips that I used):

https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Waterproof-Holiday-Outdoor-Decoration/dp/B075R4X1XL

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2022, 12:49 PM »
I run these off my Milwaukee M18 battery and a Milwaukee knock off power source from Amazon EZPZ up and down..bright with various colors and settings. In my Eskimo Hub and now my Eskimo Sierra .$20

https://www.amazon.com/Dust2Oasis-Camping-Portable-Outdoor-Emergencies/dp/B08G1D8CLZ?th=1&psc=1

add this and get some distance

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L7421JF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Piketipper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2022, 07:17 AM »
This is more for my flip over but I have a hub too.

I think I’ll probably go the usb route.  Thanks everyone!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2022, 07:34 AM »
dont connect to your vex battery unless your staying in the shanty.  u took some 12g copper wire and smashed the ends.  bent in a u shape.  snugged it into backside(in coating) of my vex clips.(warning! dont attempt this unless your at least 45% hillbilly!)  i can clip my under water light on that if planted in hut.  works fine for the LED stuff.  solar yard lights and headlights can do the rest.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.