The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Propane AUGERS and accesories  (Read 787 times)

Offline 007neiderhiser

• IceShanty Rookie
Propane AUGERS and accesories
« on: Feb 12, 2022, 12:18 PM »
So I'm thinking of upgrading from my 2 stroke gas jiffy that never wants to start in the cold to a propane auger. Although I never see anyone using them? Do they suck? My logic is, if it's propane it will start in any temp and I aleredy carry the propane on my sled for my lantern and buddy heater. Any insight appreciated. Don't want a battery auger

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Propane AUGERS and accesories
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2022, 12:47 PM »
I have an eskimo propane auger that has worked flawless for me.  Really has not got a lot of use since I switched to a cordless setup.  I been debating selling it if your interested.  It's in great shape.

Offline P-Wo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2022, 08:19 PM »
I have the jiffy pro 4, 10”, and have it for several years now. I have no complaints with this auger. I always carry an extra bottle of propane with me just in case I run out during the trip. Always starts on the second pull. I do keep the propane in a neoprene holder for added warmth.

Offline icewolf69

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2022, 11:07 AM »
Don't where your located I have a jiffy propane for sale. All but new used one season just went to a claim plate and haven't use for a few years. Near Kutztown 19562

Offline Powerfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2022, 11:21 AM »
Get the Eskimo hc40. You won’t be disappointed.
Starts 2nd pull. No priming no choking. Just a ball valve on off and that’s it. 200+ holes in 12” of ice on one bottle. 5yr warranty.

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2022, 08:37 PM »
We just went with an ION Gen 2 cordless 10", it is really nice and cuts like crazy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.