Author Topic: what is your favorite tungsten jigs  (Read 3546 times)

Offline tungstenman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • tungsten man
what is your favorite tungsten jigs
« on: Jun 17, 2021, 08:33 PM »
what are your favorite tungsten jigs?

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: what is your favorite tungsten jigs
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2021, 08:54 PM »
Acme Pro Tungsten 2 or 3mm most of the time, or sometimes a Lindy Tungsten Toad if I'm after a bit bigger fish.

I used to use Northland Mooskas, but they changed hooks a few years back, and they are super brittle now. I've had the tips snap off on bluegills.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2021, 09:35 PM »
 agreed, northland hooks are garbage.  if it wasn't for buckshots i'd boycott them altogether.

as for tungstens i like spending my money on big sky jigs and flies, high calibre lures and amped outdoors.

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2021, 05:24 AM »
WAs a wolfram fiskas fan for a long time but now i use amped outdoors jigs.i like thin wire sharp hooks on my jigs.amped jig prices are great compared to fiskas and hook quality is decent.

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2021, 06:09 AM »
agreed, northland hooks are garbage.  if it wasn't for buckshots i'd boycott them altogether.

as for tungstens i like spending my money on big sky jigs and flies, high calibre lures and amped outdoors.

I don't know why they decided to cheap out like that. Thier hooks were never great, but they are complete trash now. The only thing Northland I still use are the gumdrop and fireball floating jigs for off-bottom river suspensions once in a blue moon. The hooks on those are not good anymore either, but they're big enough they don't snap like the little #10-14 ice jig hooks.

It saddens me, I was born in Bemidji, so I always liked supporting Northland before the quality went off a cliff.

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2021, 09:14 AM »
Brantner Jigs all the way! I received a order of the custom perch eye jig and they preformed really well this past season. Going to be purchasing some tungsten Marmooska for the up and coming ice season. Caught some of my nicest pannies on the smallest lead mooska back in the day. They were a go to when I still fished with lead jigs.
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline JIGMAN21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2021, 12:03 PM »
KENDER T-RIPS.  ICE/AND OPEN WATER

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.