Author Topic: Ice fishing in Kansas?  (Read 8731 times)

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
Ice fishing in Kansas?
« on: Oct 02, 2019, 09:58 PM »
We just moved to Kansas about two months ago. Is there ever ice in Kansas to ice fish? Or do most travel West and North to find good ice?

Offline mkeller

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice fishing in Kansas?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2019, 08:05 PM »
I live in se ks and head north to Nebraska and south Dakota.  Maybe try Iowa this year.  Been a few years since I stayed in ks.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2019, 04:17 PM »
I have a friend that lives in Louisburg and he has ice fished on 2” of ice on some small ponds.  One time a cop came and threw him off the ice.  Another time a conservation officer told him he had never seen a tip up being used.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2019, 05:10 PM »
Not sure what part of Kansas. But yes think most years you will have to go north aways.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline haugboss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2019, 06:47 PM »
2 to 3 weeks average in northeast Kansas on reservoirs
Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Offline ShuMugen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2019, 11:02 AM »
should be a good year for Kansas. I live in Colorado, but with the early snow fall this year, and the Floods over there the ice should come early. and at lease last more than two weeks.
/

Sponsors: OstarMotorSports /1320DTR / Team Shinobi

Offline Lakenater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2019, 05:57 PM »
We just moved to Kansas about two months ago. Is there ever ice in Kansas to ice fish? Or do most travel West and North to find good ice?
Glen Elder Dam Waunonda Res big Crappy and giant Wipers ;D

Offline derekinhawaii

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2023, 11:44 AM »
I have a friend that lives in Louisburg and he has ice fished on 2” of ice on some small ponds.  One time a cop came and threw him off the ice.  Another time a conservation officer told him he had never seen a tip up being used.

I'm considering on moving to KS and round your comment above.  I  did look up the state laws and Louisburg city ordinances for ice fishing on Louisburg Lake.   State of Kanasas says it's legal to ice fish within the state unless a city passes a local law stating it's not.  Louisberg KS has passed a law 12-117 stating: "Ice skating, ice boating, and snowmobiling shall be prohibited within the boundaries of facilities or any other activity requiring entrance on the ice."  So the police officer did have the right to throw him off the ice.  Here's the link to the ordinances of Louisburg:  http://louisburgks.citycode.net/index.html#!articleCityParks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.