Author Topic: Vexilar Genz Pack in Marcum soft case?  (Read 1733 times)

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
Vexilar Genz Pack in Marcum soft case?
« on: Feb 03, 2016, 01:28 PM »
Does anyone know if a Vexilar Genz Pack will fit in a Marcum soft case? Or if a Vexilar FL-20 will mount to a Marcum shuttle, if so what modifications would be required? I am not looking for opinions on who makes the best flasher, I just really like the Marcum shuttle and soft pack much better than any of the Vexilar shuttle/soft pack options. I have done several searches but have not been able to find anything.
Thank you,
Zubie

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Vexilar Genz Pack in Marcum soft case?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2016, 01:31 PM »
http://www.glensoutdoors.com/trophy-angler-ice-guide-square-bottom-flashers-soft-pack.html

another option ...if you like the shuttle and the Vexilar head shouldn't fit
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2016, 01:39 PM »
Thank you for the response, I have actually looked at that soft pack from Glen's as it is a very good price. It looks the same as the Vexilar soft pack for the Genz box but I do not like the design of the transducer being stored on the outside of the case.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2016, 01:43 PM »
You should be able to get the transducer in the units holder/shuttle inside the case/bag w/o a problem ..I have the round style TA bag ...able to do it w/o any issues
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2016, 01:48 PM »
My FL-18 head fit on a  Marcum VX-1 shuttle and soft pack, just couldn't justify spending $67.00. I use the Trophy Angler bag on my Genz pack.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2016, 02:30 PM »
I got my FL20 in a hummingbird case, way better than the vex case IMO. I got my from ebay for $35 or so

Offline Rags777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2016, 04:00 PM »
how old is your genz pack? should have a place for the puck on the back of it if it is newer. I know your against vex's soft pack, however the only thing that is on the outside of mine is the float, then everything else closes up nice tight and secure.

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2016, 04:58 PM »
It will be a brand new Genz  pack so it has the transducer holder in the back by the battery.

Offline Rags777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2016, 05:13 PM »
In that case I just run my ducer cord out the side ( there is a gap in the velcro for it) park the float in the mesh side pocker and put the ducer in the holder in the case, nice tight fit so it don't rattle around, fasten back velcro down tight, good to go!  ;D

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Ditched the float, I use a eye bolt with the transducer cord stop, store the transducer in the Genz box.

The Vexilar soft pack, same construction as the TA, different color materials save your money.  http://www.glensoutdoors.com/trophy-angler-ice-guide-square-bottom-flashers-soft-pack.html

Offline zubie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2016, 05:53 PM »
Thanks for the pictures mbart! That is exactly what I wanted to see!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.