Author Topic: Few days report!!!  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
Few days report!!!
« on: Jan 12, 2006, 11:04 AM »
Tuesday, headed over to the walleye spot.  The bite was as same as usual which means non-stop but I have found a way of selecting the walleyes that are hooked.  Fished only with my live-bait rod and big 5" shiners.  When I would get a hit, I would raise the rod just a bit to get an idea of size.  If I would determine that it's a small guy, I would raise him half-way through the water column and then shake him off.  Biggest caught like that was about 23-24 inches.

Yesterday had me exploring on RDP.  Found a few fish (dink walleyes, why not??) around the Papineau hydro-dam but nothing to write home about then headed out near Pie-IX but I just explored a bit.  Didn't find any fish off the bat so went back to Papineau for an evening fish.  Met some familiar faces around Papineau hydro-dam, guys that are waiting for the Seaway to freeze correctly.

Will be in Verdun today, if anybody is interested for an evening fish.  There is parking across the street from Douglas Hospital.  Some big perch there and the fishing pressure has been minimal this year from what I gathered from the locals.

Tomorrow, will probably be back on RDP near Pointe-aux-Trembles.  Got some wicked structure marked down on the map.  Anyone interested????????????? (514)762-9768, leave a message at the tone.

Manny
The minute you stop learning is the minute you are 6FT under.

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Few days report!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2006, 11:21 AM »
MANNY

I sure would if I didn't live so far for an evening. Sounds like your are nailing the eyes. Good luck.

Take Care

Sturgeon
Bad Day of Fishing is better than a good day of work!!!!

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Hey Manny sounds like you're all over the place ;D .Great reports ;) .How do you think the ice is holding up at the Walleye spot??? ::) .I was hoping to finally get out there one night this week or on the weekend. :D .

If not it will probably be Boucherville with big minnows.  :D

Ron

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Ron, how about saturday morning at Boucherville and sunday evening at the walleye spot??  I can't do the evening saturday since I am working at 6pm and don't feel like running around for 8 hrs with a day on the ice in my body.  Let me know because I would then go pick up the suckers tomorrow morning.

Manny

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Manny, I emailed Mike and he thinks theres a chance that the ice might be closed at Bocherville with the recent warm weather.What do you think? 

Ron

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Manny, I emailed Mike and he thinks theres a chance that the ice might be closed at Bocherville with the recent warm weather.What do you think? 

Ron

Spoke with a fella from Varrenes today. He drives by the Bayou everyday and sees the guys out on the ice early in  the morning with their ATV's. This morning, the ice was bare. No one. He is an avid ice fisherman, and mentioned to me that he has seen in years past, the park will close the ice access (yellow DANGER tape) because they consier th ice unsafe. I've known this guy for quite a few years, and he's credable. I guess the only way to know is to phone them or go downand see. Manny,the shore ice at Walleye Central must be getting thin with all this warm weather. What did you see when you were there? Sat / Sun. temps will be +2 / -7 winds NW at 25K both days.

Mikey

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:49 PM »
As of tuesday, the ice was fine.  I can see how Boucherville would be out.  Verdun was OK and some more big perch today.  Talked to a guy today who swears of plenty of trout biting right now around Mtl.  I will be trying for them tomorrow and will check the walleye spot in the evening.  Keep us posted for Boucherville, we do have all winter though  :D :D.

Manny

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Manny,
I'll buzz ya tomorrow nite after supper. Will you have the cell during the day? PM me your number.

Mikey :P

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Sounds like we'll play it by ear.Keep me posted. 

Ron

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2006, 11:41 AM »
Yeah, uuhh, not really ice-fishing weather ou there uuhh, this sucks.  I got up this morning at 7am, saw this, went back to bed.  Called Mikey this morning, no answer, most liekly sleeping, as he should.  I was out on the ice yesterday, in the beautiful town of Rivière-des-prairies.  The ice was ok but there is a foot of water everywhere, not fun at all.  No where to put down my gear............And that was before it rained all night.

I didn't even go check out walleye central.  If the ice is not blown, I ain't going on it  :-[ :-[.  Seaway is out for sure, let's make a day trip and head down to Petrie ??? ??? :-\ :-\

Manny

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Definately not pretty....it won't be good for awhile either...the long term frecast is showing temps generally above freezing. I was up at about 5 and it was pouring like a monsoon out! This season is looking more and more like a wash with every passing day o plus temps and winds out of the south. We're going into the last half of January and there's not enough ice....very sad..

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Manny,sure does suck.Stayed home today and crippled myself redoing my floor.Gald to hear you did'nt try checking Walley central.id be surprised if its still there.

Getting cold out there right now and snowing pretty good. ;D ;D.Thanks for letting us know the conditions and as Mike said it could be awhile befroe things get better. 

Ron     

Offline olegmagellan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2006, 05:11 PM »
Tuesday, headed over to the walleye spot.  The bite was as same as usual which means non-stop but I have found a way of selecting the walleyes that are hooked.  Fished only with my live-bait rod and big 5" shiners.  When I would get a hit, I would raise the rod just a bit to get an idea of size.  If I would determine that it's a small guy, I would raise him half-way through the water column and then shake him off.  Biggest caught like that was about 23-24 inches.

Yesterday had me exploring on RDP.  Found a few fish (dink walleyes, why not??) around the Papineau hydro-dam but nothing to write home about then headed out near Pie-IX but I just explored a bit.  Didn't find any fish off the bat so went back to Papineau for an evening fish.  Met some familiar faces around Papineau hydro-dam, guys that are waiting for the Seaway to freeze correctly.

Will be in Verdun today, if anybody is interested for an evening fish.  There is parking across the street from Douglas Hospital.  Some big perch there and the fishing pressure has been minimal this year from what I gathered from the locals.

Tomorrow, will probably be back on RDP near Pointe-aux-Trembles.  Got some wicked structure marked down on the map.  Anyone interested????????????? (514)762-9768, leave a message at the tone.

Manny
It' s very interesting to know about walleye fishing but I just started to fishing in Montreal and all time was trying to  guess what places are you talking about.
If it's possible please mark a fishing spots on map,i will able to find them
thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.