Author Topic: cabelas sale  (Read 1779 times)

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
cabelas sale
« on: Dec 17, 2014, 02:35 PM »
I was just on cabelas and they had a bunch of ice fishing stuff on sale.thought I would put the word out.

Offline docbas

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: cabelas sale
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2014, 03:05 PM »
they have less after I was done.    ;D

Offline CamoHunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:53 PM »
Almost gets some of their items down to a price matching lower priced competitors.  Almost. 

Okay... they had a few decent sales.  But I didn't find much that you couldn't find for the same price regularly from other various retailers.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2014, 05:25 PM »
I find that FISHUSA always has stuff at much better prices than does Gander Mountain and Cabelas.Free shipping over $30 and they are also a Sponsor on here.They have a very good assortment of just about anything you need for Summer and Winter fishing. No I am not affiliated with them, just a good Customer. ;D

Offline nnelzon23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2014, 05:40 PM »
I find that FISHUSA always has stuff at much better prices than does Gander Mountain and Cabelas.Free shipping over $30 and they are also a Sponsor on here.They have a very good assortment of just about anything you need for Summer and Winter fishing. No I am not affiliated with them, just a good Customer. ;D

Yep. FishUSA usually kicks the big box stores azzes.
"Rippin Lips!"

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:32 PM »
Went to the outlet store near me and was not impressed at all. They have a couple augers, some rods, a few vex's that's it. Asked them about floating ice suits....he looked at me like I was crazy.  He then took me to the rain gear dept Cabela's Gore-Text bibs for $350!!! This outlet store is not very ice inclined nor price savvy. The local sporting goods is where I go to get the better deals.
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2014, 07:11 PM »
I was just there the other day. I have to say I am very disappointed. These last 3 years, the one closest to me has gone down hill FAST. It used to be a fun place to visit, now I can't even find one thing I really want. Tip ups, rods, ice houses, jigs, everything is generic, half of it is out of stock, and all of it is over priced. Everyone always rips on Gander Mountain, but right now its 10 times better than cabala's. The last thing I ordered for in store pick up was lost, and I had to wait another week to get it. Even the saving grace, the "bargin cave" is a cruel joke. Not only is there hardly anything at all compared to in the past, it's all returned crap. Its even worse now with the holidays, they don't even try to keep things in stock. Talk about resting on your laurels.
-Tom

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2014, 07:27 PM »
I've found some really nice rods, all types, in the bargain cave(s), just an inch or so broken off the tip and 5% or even 6% off full retail.       :woot: :unsure:

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:31 AM »
actually I checked numerous things they had on sale compared to fishusa and they were cheaper that's why I thought I would post it.heritage lakers,frabill pro thermal rapala lures,and more.didnt mean to offend anyone.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:47 AM »
Yep, springtime is the best time to shop for next year!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:00 AM »
actually I checked numerous things they had on sale compared to fishusa and they were cheaper that's why I thought I would post it.heritage lakers,frabill pro thermal rapala lures,and more.didnt mean to offend anyone.

You didn't offend me, but the Cabelas by me hasn't had heritage lakers in stock for years. The only tip ups they have are about 10 different varieties of the cheap HT ones, plus a few frabill classic wood tip ups. Their jig section is the saddest around. It doesn't matter if its on sale, its not that good of a deal, even if you manage to find something you like. Sorry this doesn't mean much to the topic. I just can't believe "The worlds foremost outfitters" has allowed themselves to become what they are today.
-Tom

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:03 AM »
I was online not at the store.but I agreewhat they have in the store by me is pretty sad in fact all the stores by me are pretty sad

Offline diesel2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:07 AM »
I have to agree with thomasthepikehunter. Cabela's has seriously slipped in the past few years. Used to be able to go in to the store and have a great selection of items and knowledgeable staff to help you. Now half the time you go in there they either don't even carry a certain item or are out of stock. I understand in reality they can't carry ever single item you can think of but these are pretty common items in my opinion. From what I've noticed, they're gearing their stores more for boat sales/ big ticket items than anything. Seems like every few months they expand the boat sales department while taking away from other departments. Maybe I'm wrong but the boat sales seem to have expanded from a tiny alcove when my local store opened to a huge chunk of real estate.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:16 AM »
I bounce between Cabelas, Scheels, and ordering from online retailers depending on deals. As a few have mentioned, they don't always have what you're looking for in stock. I have become trained to "Live Chatting" with a Cabelas representative on their website (http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp) prior to driving to the store to make sure they have the particular item in stock. I've just been burned too many times assuming that they should surely have it in stock and driving out there only to find it either out of stock or not even carried in the store.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:21 AM »
I have to agree with thomasthepikehunter. Cabela's has seriously slipped in the past few years. Used to be able to go in to the store and have a great selection of items and knowledgeable staff to help you. Now half the time you go in there they either don't even carry a certain item or are out of stock. I understand in reality they can't carry ever single item you can think of but these are pretty common items in my opinion. From what I've noticed, they're gearing their stores more for boat sales/ big ticket items than anything. Seems like every few months they expand the boat sales department while taking away from other departments. Maybe I'm wrong but the boat sales seem to have expanded from a tiny alcove when my local store opened to a huge chunk of real estate.

I agree completely. You can get a boat, you can get a side by side, you can even buy a tractor, and they have a good selection of each! :o But when it comes to getting a good tip up like a beaver dam, heritage laker, jack trap, etc. there are none to be found. I did not see a single good rod, but I didn't look too close. The one thing I will give them is a good selection of fishing lines.
-Tom

Offline Hunt n Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:24 AM »
Although I agree that Cabelas is usually more pricey than other places, there are deals to be had once in a while.  I just bought a Lowrance Elite 4X HDI Ice Machine from my local store and after all of the promotional deals it only cost me $195 and that is before the  Lowrance $50 mail-in rebate.  Also you can't beat there return policy, especially for the stuff with there name on it.

Offline diesel2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:44 AM »
Ordering online from them is a lot better than their stores anymore. They do have some good sales and selection on the site at times, I can't argue that. Their website is my go to place when it comes to researching products and what not. Sometimes I will order from them if I can't find a better price else where. I haven't had to return anything yet so I can't comment on that. But as far as the store goes it's not too hot anymore. I'm more the type of person that likes to hold big ticket items or what not in my hand before buying and for a lot of things I used to be able to do that at the stores but not so much anymore. That and who didn't like going into a Cabela's and seeing all the stuff you wish you had the money for? It used to be a fun experience to browse the store now it's just a disappointment.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:59 AM »
cant walk through their tank section enough ,how come I don't catch fish like that ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.