Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608269 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #29010 on: Sep 22, 2022, 05:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  61* with a rumbling T-storm this am, high of 63 today.

Jeff…looked into that slimy red seaweed a little myself, was curious about that as well never seeing it before. Could see it would be a PITA to deal with, how unfortunate.  :%$#!:  Glad you were able to get caught up on the lawn work yesterday, Fall is definitely starting to show its colors! Yesterday’s appointment went ok!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…Congratulations to all on the arrival of Molly!!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  Noticed gas prices down in Albany area and other townships ranging from $3.85 to $3.70’s.
  FH4…good news on the equipment, better news on it being Friday Eve today…have a great day almost out of the woods!  :clap:
  Bud…glad your daughter was able to get you to the Dr.’s, hope your vision is coming along better today…best wishes with that!   :thumbsup:
  H2…keeping your wife in thoughts and prayers that insurance problem is solved quickly, hope you get some better news today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope you had another good day with the saws yesterday…time for a breather!!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…thanks, the reports look promising for this weekend…hopefully we’ll get my grandson on some fish!   :thumbsup:

Quick breakfast with my granddaughter before she leaves for school and then prepping for today’s appointment…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29011 on: Sep 22, 2022, 06:01 AM »
67* and some rain.

Mr. C, there are just a few places to fish from shore, most land around the lake is private. Also, this time of year the water is low so not much deep water close to shore.

The wife was on the phone yesterday, looking for someone local. She is feeling pretty good.

Eddie, good luck with the appts.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29012 on: Sep 22, 2022, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....good luck at today's appointment  ;)

IW....hopefully the winds are calm for the balloons  ;)

MrC.....congrats on the new arrival  :clap:

WS.....when does your archery season begin  ???

IFF.....hope the eye's feeling better today  @)

It was so nice yesterday we decided to put some miles on the trike, perfect weather for it  :thumbsup: 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29013 on: Sep 22, 2022, 06:27 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

46, feels like :icefish: weather. It may crawl into the mid 60's by the afternoon with rain on tap for tomorrow afternoon.

I have a lot of thread catching up to do and plan on doing just that today. I told my wife that tomorrow I am going to do my last tree job for awhile and am going to pack up and head to the shack for 3-4 days next week. This has been a pretty good run for tree jobs but I need some stand therapy.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29014 on: Sep 22, 2022, 10:35 AM »
Well there are 5 total down here at the moment for lab staff and they are looking for another one. One stays in the commercial side while the other 4 were supposed to be with me, but guess they can just figure out what I changed and how to run with it when I leave and they start up. Well getting closer to departure time from the plant and head to the airport for my flights hope all go well and I see the wife tonight. Looks like a long day for tomorrow on tap at my plant but that has been a normal thing so far. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29015 on: Sep 22, 2022, 03:33 PM »
I win, 9.9 back together and running,  but guess I can’t post the video of it running
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29016 on: Sep 22, 2022, 05:34 PM »
Yay  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: ;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29017 on: Sep 22, 2022, 06:41 PM »
First flight in the book getting off the plane and then the wait for the next so getting closer to being home.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29018 on: Sep 22, 2022, 08:57 PM »
Good evening a cool down today currently reading 62 on my balcony thermometer had a period of rain earlier in the day.Thank you for the kind comments with regards to the new addition to my extended family. The baby's great grandmother sent me an Email today with some photos. Molly is a good sized baby at 8lb.11oz. and 21 inches in length.
Ice Wanderer may you and your wife continue to show no symptoms of Covid and those in your group who are infect be recovering. Enjoy the balloons this weekend.
Eddie may today's doctor appointment have gone as well as yesterday's.
Hunts2long thank you for answering my question about shore line fishing at GSL . I hope you wife has found a local doctor who is willing to have her as a patient .
Wallyworld yesterday and today were good weather temperature wise for a motorcycle ride. I hope there are still some open ice cream stands in your region of NY.
Whopper Stopper may you have completed today's tree job and have another satisfied customer. Safe travel to the shack and good hunting wished for you.
Fish/hunt4ever good to read you have one flight down may the rest of your journey be problem free. Hopefully the Tulsa employees learn the new equipment and changes you made quickly so production gets back to full speed and you are not asked to return to do more training.
IFF congratulations on getting the kicker motor back together and running. :clap: :thumbsup: I assume after the eye doctor visit your blurry vision is gone .

Have a good night.
  Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29019 on: Sep 22, 2022, 10:39 PM »
Good evening ER's the lady that found the 1200 year old canoe here found another one that is 3.000 years old.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29020 on: Sep 23, 2022, 04:03 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

46 with a high of 57 expected today.Looks like the guessers are calling for some rain to move in later tonight.

The s-i-l is going to give me a hand this morning roping down a silver maple next to a garage. Once we get that finished I am coming home and loading up my hunting gear. I am planning to head to the shack on Saturday morning and spend 4-5 days in the stand.

Bud.. Congratulations on getting the motor running :clap:

I will check back in to see what everyone has going.

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29021 on: Sep 23, 2022, 04:31 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                        It's 41* and mostly clear here on my hill. Fall is here. ::)
                        Marv........Good luck with the Maple removal. :flex: Hopefully it won't take to long so you can get to "The Shack". I know you
               must be itching to get in your stand. :thumbsup:
                        H2l..........I don't understand why the insurance company is giving your wife a hard time about going to see the Dr. that did her
               lung transplant. You'd think they would want the Dr. that did the surgery do the follow up. :unsure:
                        Eddie.......I hope you had a good breakfast with your granddaughter. :thumbsup:  I hope your appointment went well. :flex:
                        Wally        The weather guessers are saying light and variable winds for Saturday and Sunday. :clap: If you have  never been
               it's worth it one time. Maybe a bike ride is in order. :whistle:
                        Bud..........I'm glad you were able to get the 9.9 running, good luck if you get out on the river. :thumbsup: :flex:
                        Fish..........I hope you got home on time safely. :unsure:
                        Steve....... If we were going to get Covid we would have had it by now, we escaped it for sure. :flex:
                        Today I have to get ready for a trip tp my cousins in Maryland tomorrow, his wife had passed away last winter and they put the service off
               until now because of Covid. Im driving, it's about a 6.5 hour ride and will be back on Sunday.
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29022 on: Sep 23, 2022, 05:03 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to Fall!  :clap:  Sure feels like it here this am, lol.  Windy and 42*, gusts in the 20’s feels like 36, high of 52 today.

OG…now that’s the kind of refreshing news I could read all day… Will look into that!  :clap:
  Steve…I’m sure Great Grandma had a beaming smile sending that Email and photos of Molly, great stuff!!   :bow: 
  FH4…hope your next flight home was on time! Good luck with today’s mission at the plant and wrapping up the week!  :thumbsup:
  Bud…CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :flex: :clap:  What was it causing the problem?
  Marv…hope you have a great day today wrapping up the last job, be careful with the saws!  :clap:  So looking forward to the bow hunting adventures coming…hope Big Ben will be waiting for you, best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…glad you enjoyed the nice weather together with another ride, perfect day for it!   :clap:  Will be honking the horn in Rome again tomorrow morning!   ;D
  H2…hope your wife had success with her call’s yesterday, dang insurance companies!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…X2 on Steve’s reply…hope everyone is doing well and no symptoms!   :thumbsup:  Edit…My Condolences on the passing of your cousin’s wife. Wishing you safe travels to and from Maryland Jeff.

Thank You  for all the good wishes with yesterday’s appointment.  :thumbsup:  Have had much better appointments in the past, will just leave it there for now.
  Heading to the Salmon River tomorrow with my sons and grandson for another 3 Generations Strong trip! Hoping we can connect my grandson with a salmon that he can land tomorrow…that’s our goal.   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29023 on: Sep 23, 2022, 05:21 AM »
Here is a video of Bud's motor repair

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #29024 on: Sep 23, 2022, 06:02 AM »

Sounds good 👍

IW

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29025 on: Sep 23, 2022, 06:15 AM »
42* and a breeze this morning.

IFF, purring like a kitten!

IW, the wife has been having some stomach issues and her lung Doctor wants her to see one of the doctors down in NYC, that is where the problem comes in with the insurance company. We have been thru this a number of times. In the past a few phone calls and it gets an OK for an Out of Market doctor visit.

WW, still a lot of bike riding days left. Not seeing much color around here yet but it will change fast with this cooler weather. Your BIG problem is a lot of the summer ice cream shops are closing!!!

WS, enjoy your time at the "shack" and Good Luck!

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29026 on: Sep 23, 2022, 06:48 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....squeaky wheels get attention :whistle:  you're right, it's sad seeing so many closed signs  :'( 

IW....my condolences on your loss, safe travels  :(  we tried to see the balloons a few years ago but the wind put a stop to it, then a HUGE traffic jam in the parking lot  ::) 

Eddie.....sorry to hear the appointment didn't go as well as expected  :(  good luck tomorrow  ;)

WS......hope the job goes quickly today so you can get ready for your therapy session  ;)2

MrC.....it was rainy here most of the day yesterday and WINDY, supposed to see some sun today  @)

IFF.....time to get some fish in that "new" boat  :thumbsup:

Looks like some outside work today, mowing, clearing the garden, putting screen house up, all the early fall chores  :flex:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29027 on: Sep 23, 2022, 08:39 AM »

Good morning ER's  Eddie the canoe made the paper with pic, WI State Journal has story under caption     Lake Mendota   A Second Revalation
 Great that you fixed the Motor Bud good luck when your out fishing. Have fun at the shack Marv hope Big Ben is in your sights. Temps here are dropping fast hope it stays that way to get the water temp down. FH4 working so much are you getting enough rest ; nice work ethic.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #29028 on: Sep 23, 2022, 10:15 AM »

WS
Bud, how's the big motor coming along??  :clap: :flex: :whistle: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29029 on: Sep 23, 2022, 11:56 AM »
OS on the big one want to wait till there a first mate onboard so I can watch cable movements and adjust carburetor under load and In motion to fine tune it

Eddie have a follow up with optometrist/doctor and get new lenses ordered this Monday, the doctor is doing a health far till Monday

Not much on my plate for rest of the day, great cooldown last night think 52* ?  Up to 69 now  hay field has been cut now they are here to start raking, not sure if also bailing today

Marv Thanks for posting the video  :bow: :bow: :bow: I’ll have to figure out how that’s done  :unsure: :unsure:
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29030 on: Sep 23, 2022, 04:54 PM »
Well the flights were good and I made it to the house around 1030 last night, then back at the plant just a little after 4 to check on the HVAC unit on the cleanroom and found one error message, so called the repair men and they found the condenser motor was bad and now to find one and get it installed so I do not ruin a bunch of stuff in the room while it gets hot in the afternoon and messes with the analytical.  Rest is what my body wants, with a major headache for most the day, but it is waning a bit as I have the thought of heading home, almost done for the week, now to see if I get called out this weekend or not.  Have a good rest of Friday and good luck for the weekend, especially Eddie with the fishing with all the generations there, and hope you all have a great Saturday.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #29031 on: Sep 23, 2022, 09:58 PM »
Good evening felt like early fall today with a high temperature in the low sixties windchill made it feel colder. I will have to check local news websites in the morning heard multiple sirens around 9:30 PM and saw two ambulances and a police car drive by my complex. Some of you may remember me posting about a murder in my community and close to my place of residence back in 2019. The man who was found guilty of  the murder was sentenced earlier this week to life in prison without chance at parole. Also with be serving 25 years to life on additional charges (combined sentence) I did not realize so much time had past in the days after murder local and state police were at my complex searching for clues/evidence and I and other residents were interviewed to see what we may have seen or heard on the night of murder. This took place at a apartment complex on the other side of a state highway from the one where I reside.
Old goat thank for sharing the information on the discovery of very old canoes.
Whopper Stopper may all have gone well with the silver maple job today. safe travel and good hunting wished for you ,may you get a chance to harvest "Big Ben" .
Ice Wanderer my condolences to you and your family  on the passing of your cousin's wife. May you have a safe trip to Maryland.
Eddie sorry to hear your doctor appointment did not bring you good news. May you have a safe trip to the salmon river  and be able to get your grandson a few chances to land a salmon.
Hunts2long sorry to hear your wife is still fighting with insurance company to get permission to see a doctor in NYC. May things get resloved soon with regards to this problem.
Wallyworld hope the two of you got all the around the home work done today.
OldSailor may all be good with you and the family.
IFF good to see your video of kicker motor running.  :thumbsup: May the new lenses help you see the world more clearly.
Fish/hunt4ever may you be resting or turned-in for the day so your body can recharge.  may you not be called in to work over the weekend.

May everyone have a good weekend. Best to all fishing or hunting.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29032 on: Sep 24, 2022, 01:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Just a quick hello and Thank You for the luck before hitting the road and meeting up with my boys!   :thumbsup:

Marv…best of luck to you today in the stand, hope you get the opportunity to ring Big Ben’s bells!  :bow:

Cawfee’s on…

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29033 on: Sep 24, 2022, 05:18 AM »
Good morning Eddie, good morning everyone :bow:

Eddie, best of luck to all of you, hope the fish are chomping :thumbsup:

I am drinking some coffee and getting ready to put the last of my stuff in the truck. I am looking forward to a few days of solitude. I will post when I can.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29034 on: Sep 24, 2022, 06:09 AM »
38* and clear.

Eddie and WS, good luck to the both of you.

Not much planned for today.

Syracuse football pulled off another late win, 4-0 for the season.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29035 on: Sep 24, 2022, 07:18 AM »
Morning all,

WS....enjoy the solitude, best of luck in the stand  :thumbsup:

Eddie....keeping my fingers crossed you all hook into a trophy today  :flex:

IW....safe travels and again my condolences to you and the family  :(

H2L....enjoy your day  ;)

MrC....it's ridiculous how long it takes to resolve most cases in the court room  :cookoo:  so much time and money wasted  ::)

MrWW brush hogged the "back 40" yesterday while I mowed the lawn, hopefully the colder weather will slow the grass down a bit, still growing like crazy :blink: screen house and deck furniture all packed away  :( 

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29036 on: Sep 24, 2022, 08:15 AM »

good morning ER's good luck today Mason and Sons and also to WS. Garage sale days here sell or buy we'll see. Stay safe and healthy and enjoy the day.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29037 on: Sep 24, 2022, 09:39 AM »
Good morning all, just getting caught up on the recent posts.

Eddie Idn about if new lenses will have me seeing the world more clearly, I already know it’s totally messed up. To write about what I’ve been seeing around me in the way of behavior would be looking like the size of a Sears catalog. Especially in local driver’s habits.  ::) ::) ::)  not to mention the removal of stop and road signs SMH 🤦‍♀️

Got treated to seeing 4 deer running across the neighbors mowed hay field

Will need to get the cover on the big boat, expecting some rain later today and taking it out fishing is not on the planner’s for a few days.

Best to all with whatever you have going
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29038 on: Sep 24, 2022, 10:32 AM »
Well got some sleep last night finally. Now to get some work done around the house here, get some bushes the wife got planted and some plants moved from the garden to the green house, I think this is the plan anyways. Need to get the guns out and clean them and squeeze a few rounds off. Then to try and scout some Sandhill cranes for next weekend, maybe some cast and blast next weekend, catch some walleye while waiting for the cranes to start flying in if they have the same pattern as last year. Well have a great Saturday everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29039 on: Sep 24, 2022, 01:23 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Thanks for all the well wishes I appreciate it. Unfortunately, things got put on hold. I was busy loading the truck this morning when my wife got up feeling like crap. She had a bad cough and a 102 fever feeling chilled and achy. I decided to hang around and make sure it didn't get worse. If she is better tomorrow I will head out. The s-i-l said she would stay with her, but for today I will stay put.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.