Author Topic: Back from NoDak  (Read 937 times)

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Back from NoDak
« on: Mar 02, 2013, 12:30 PM »
Well I am back from my NoDak trip.  Unfortunatly I wasnt on the ice as much as I had hoped for.  A mixture of me being sick, the kid being sick and -45 degree windchills kinda put a damper on things.  We did make it out 2 days but the fishing was really slow.  I did manage to get my 4 year old a few pike that were pretty respectable though.  He had a blast and I though I was gonna end up in the crazy house from trying to keep up with him but I guess thats what its all about.  I definatly missed the 12" ice thickness of Idaho while I was up there though.  The lake we were fishing had just over 4 feet of hard water and the auger blades had seen better days so it was a little miserable.  All in all it was a great time though.  Hope to see yall out on the open water shortly.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Back from NoDak
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2013, 06:00 PM »
Sorry to hear your trip didn't produce. Hopefully you will be able to give it another shot next year.

WS

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:15 AM »
I will be back in April beatin up the Walleyes in open water. 

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2013, 12:52 PM »
Sorry to hear your trip to ND didn't turn out that well, If you don't make the trip back in April for the walleye point the rig South and join us on Willard for the spring walleye fishing, the last couple years the fishing has been great from end of March into July. :)

Offline 66birdman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Might just have to do both.  I will be fishing the Florida coast for the middle of March but I bet I could manage a trip to UT in early april.

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2013, 06:52 PM »
I'll keep you posted, I drew a turkey tag for middle of April so I will be gone for a few days then. With this damn furlough looming overhead for Gov't employees I may have alot of time off starting in April, could be up to 1 day a week for 6 months. >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.