Author Topic: Lake Lowell 1-30  (Read 1066 times)

Offline 16Conservationist

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Lowell 1-30
« on: Jan 30, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Fished with 2 friends at the Upper Dam (Nampa) today for around 4 hours.  Caught maybe 25-30 perch, half were dinks and half were 10-11 inches.  Fishing was hot, then cold, then hot again.  Cut bait was about the only thing they'd take.  Maybe 60-70 yards out from dam.  Any closer didn't seem to have fish for us anyways.  Only two other groups out most of day.

Ice measured right at 11 inches or so, getting very mushy on top by end of afternoon.  Anything sitting on the top of ice was quickly sinking in.  That's probably some snow/ice mix.   A few areas of ponding water near face of dam. :tipup:

Great day to be out, especially when the sun popped out for about an hour or so and you could get down to shirt sleeves.

Bob  :tipup:

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
Re: Lake Lowell 1-30
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2013, 07:29 PM »
Which one is the lower dam?
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2013, 07:35 PM »
Which one is the lower dam?
Caldwell side

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2013, 09:43 PM »
Okay, I was thinking lower dam is the one near Nampa but I was wrong.  At the Upper dam.  Anyways, where I was at is the park that is nearest to Nampa and the gate is open to where the concrete boat ramp is and near where the USFWS buildings are.  So, Upper, Lower or whatever, I was near the park headquarters, but on the East side of that dam near the concrete outlet structures.  Sorry for confusion.  I'll see if I can fix the posting.

Hope that helps.

Bob

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2013, 09:58 PM »
Were you out from the concrete tower?
Fish hard, or go home.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2013, 10:32 PM »
"Were you out from the concrete tower?"

Yes and just a bit West of it.  In 30-35 feet of water.  Deeper than we usually fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.