Author Topic: Lake Lowell  (Read 7488 times)

Offline KunaFrmr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Lowell
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:09 AM »
Hey icehogger84, this is kunafrmr.  It was sure nice of you to mention that it was good to finally meet meet me on the ice at Lake Lowell..... but it wasn't me :-\  I've mostly been fishing CJ this year with the Chief.  The Chief and I did drive over to Lake Lowell about a week or so ago.  But good god.... If we do run into one another I sure hope NO ONE would ever think the Chief was my son!! :o  After all, he is sort of a gnarly old son of a gun!

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:26 AM »
Hey icehogger84, this is kunafrmr.  It was sure nice of you to mention that it was good to finally meet meet me on the ice at Lake Lowell..... but it wasn't me :-\  I've mostly been fishing CJ this year with the Chief.  The Chief and I did drive over to Lake Lowell about a week or so ago.  But good god.... If we do run into one another I sure hope NO ONE would ever think the Chief was my son!! :o  After all, he is sort of a gnarly old son of a gun!

He got our screen names mixed up....I assume FRMR means Framer not Farmer?

I think son and I will be out at the lake tomorrow unless it's pouring rain. I was told second hand we now can roam the lake. Need to check that out today.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2013, 04:26 PM »
Haha....just another sign of "old-timers" setting in....I'm such a dork!!!

Hmstn and Kunafrmr I apologize to both of you. But it was still very nice to meet you Hmstn. I think I got my auger issues worked out. Turned out to be a loose adjustment nut on the throttle cable.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow at Cascade.

Hogger

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2013, 06:52 PM »
Where are good areas away from the dams at Lake Lowell?
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:12 PM »
Was at the west ramp today scouting for tomorrow, fished for 3 hrs caught 10 7 keepers biggest went 12 3/4", met up with another ice fisherman who was doing pretty good. Glad to meet you Sam...

Offline terri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 26, 2013, 02:54 PM »
It is nice to have some hard water so close to home to fish. I had a great day just getting out. it is always a bonus to catch some fish. also it was nice to meat John and Jake. I hope they catch some jumbo perch today.

Sam,

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:01 PM »
I agree Sam, so nice to be able to fish close to home. Today was kinda slower but still a hoot, I taped the ice this time 15" I was guessing 10". We started slow but it picked up we brought home 18 with none under 10" and several 12 and over. Cut loose 20 + that were smaller, also met Eric today super nice guy.  ;D

Offline terri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 27, 2013, 01:17 AM »
John sounds like you had good time. I could not make it today. I am hoping I can go Thursday.

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Looked like alot of fisherman out on the lake today. Seems like everyone is still fishing the dam areas. Is that because it is most convenient or the best fishing?
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Not sure where in the lake rules brochure you can roam the lake? And I believe it will be completely closed as of Feb 1, nesting, federal refuge, same as the islands on the snake, and the area behind the fence at cascade,
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 27, 2013, 09:37 PM »
It was fun Sam, I hope you knock them out on Thursday would love to join you but alas I have to work. I'm heading up to Cascade on Friday. Not sure if they lifted the 200 yds from the dam rule, But if not that is why you will find all the fishermen by the dams. Oh BTW I stayed late and the gate will open if your headed out.  ;)

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 28, 2013, 12:39 AM »
the regulations seem to be vague about fishing. Not very often they have to deal with ice fishing so maybe the regulations do not address the issue. Here is what it says about fishing only during the water fowl season: "Lake Lowell is open to fishing all year. During waterfowl-hunting season, fishing is restricted to Fishing Areas A and B, 200 yards in front of the Upper and Lower Dams." Only other restriction is the use of boats.  "The lake is open to motorized boating between April 15 and September 30""October 1 through April 14, human-powered boats may be used, but only in Fishing Areas A and B, 200 yards in front of the Upper and Lower Dams." There are areas closed but it looks like mostly land area. FWIW

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 28, 2013, 07:56 AM »
Just don't want anyone giving the ice fishing community a bad name with the Feds, they don't need any other reasons for more retrictions, not too mention a federal ticket on ur record,
Matt

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 

Offline TightLine21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 28, 2013, 11:39 PM »
John, it was nice to meet you and Jake on Saturday.  Thanks for punching the holes, if I do this much more my next investment will be a gas auger--as it is now the gas in my arm runs out after about 5 or 6 holes.  I was out on the Nampa dam again on Sunday, it was a little slower but the holes further out seemed to be the ones that were producing.  One of them produced the catfish below, imagine my daughters surprise when she set the hook on this guy expecting a perch.  Imagine my surprise when I see a big white blur darting across the bottom of the hole.
Eric

idfishnhunt

« Reply #44 on: Jan 29, 2013, 01:25 AM »
I was at the Nampa dam on Sunday as well and pulled this hog out.  I was equally as surprised, although I knew it was something big as it was stripping my line when it made a few runs.  My gas-auger also gave me a fit and wouldn't start, so thanks to whomever came over and let me borrow their hand auger to punch 5 holes for myself.  I'll have to say as well that this bad boy was caught on a Jigger Trotter.  That nice wind on Sunday sure kept the poles moving, which added to our success rate in the perch department.

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 30, 2013, 11:41 PM »
John, it was nice to meet you and Jake on Saturday.  Thanks for punching the holes, if I do this much more my next investment will be a gas auger--as it is now the gas in my arm runs out after about 5 or 6 holes.  I was out on the Nampa dam again on Sunday, it was a little slower but the holes further out seemed to be the ones that were producing.  One of them produced the catfish below, imagine my daughters surprise when she set the hook on this guy expecting a perch.  Imagine my surprise when I see a big white blur darting across the bottom of the hole.
Eric

(Image removed from quote.)
Wow That's awesome Eric!!! That is a great pic and what a great way to get her hooked on ice fishing... Your very welcome for the extra holes. Any time you see me on the ice feel free to use my auger.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 31, 2013, 05:07 PM »
anybody finding any gills? I've been looking and looking and havn't found anything except freak'n perch....
Matt

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Great to see you on LL today Rob. Nice to meet your Robin also.
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline terri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:16 PM »
Fished the nampa dam today. 1p-5:30p 2 adults and 2 kids. Caught 30-40 perch. Great weather. Had a great day. Better than work any day.

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:20 PM »
Sounds like you had a good day Sam, How far out from the dam were you? I heard there moving out.

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:23 PM »
Thanks report.

Woke up with no water. so spent the day installing a new pump instead of....FISHING. Unless something else goes south will be out there tomorrow upper dam area and then Sat. I am going to chase other species.

Offline terri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:50 PM »
John We went out prob about another 30 yards or so. I tried my old holes no bites. Good luck at cascade tomorrow. I will be looking for your report.

Squarehog

« Reply #52 on: Jan 31, 2013, 08:50 PM »
I was looking for gills today no luck. Got a nice Cat though. I wanna try the south end in or by the timber for the blues while we still have good ice

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Jan 31, 2013, 09:26 PM »
Thanks Rick,

Did it pick up any better in the afternoon? We had to leave to go get taxes done and get my computer that was getting fixed.

Hogger

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #54 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:25 AM »
Hi Rob,

Stayed about the same. Missed more than I caught. Released a bunch of small ones. Ended up with a good batch though. I want to go back out before the ice goes away.
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Feb 01, 2013, 01:31 AM »
That ice is gonna be good for a few more weeks....we're in for a nice cool down

Hogger

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #56 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:18 PM »
Thanks Rob!! Glad to hear that! I want to fish Lake Lowell a few more times!
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline Ramjetroger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Feb 01, 2013, 03:11 PM »
Nice to meet you icehogger and your wife Robin at LL yesterday. Thanks for the help you gave
Aaron and I. It sure makes fishing a lot more enjoyable when you are around kind people.
I had been thinking of joining IceShanty for a while and after talking to you yesterday I decided
to do it. I hope I can share some information as this site has helped me in the past. Everyone keep up
the informative posts.
I saw people posting in the past questions about where they could ice fish Lake Lowell. I did ask
 one of the authorities from the reserve there at LL Monday. He said we could fish any place on the
lake within1,000 feet from shore. 
Go out and have a good time on the ice. The ice is still in good solid shape.

Offline rickgehrke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rippin lips
« Reply #58 on: Feb 01, 2013, 05:36 PM »
Hi Roger. It was nice talking with you and Aaron. I appreciated all the fish finder updates! We had a great fish fry last night! Hope to see you and Aaron out there on LL again! Rick
Fish hard, or go home.

Offline J_T_M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Feb 01, 2013, 09:21 PM »
Never made it to Cascade work got in the way, Went out to LL today Eric was out as well. Caught allot released allot of small ones brought home 22 and some big ones, our biggest was 14".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.