Author Topic: Theres still some ice, at Mackay  (Read 921 times)

Offline aaronsmith2

• IceShanty Rookie
Theres still some ice, at Mackay
« on: Apr 16, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Fished today at mackay resevoir.  What a great fishing trip.  There is still almost 2 feet of ice by the damn and maybe one foot of ice over at the boat ramp.  With the high temps it is getting a little slushy on top and the whole 2 foot of ice is pretty soft but for now its still fishable.  They are letting out more flow than is coming in to get ready for spring run off so there is a lot of big cracks across the ice from the dropping level so watch out for those.  But back to the fishing......there were two of us fishing and we caught a total of 18 trout, only kept three and the rest were released for future catching.  1 rainbow about 14", 1 brooky and 1 cutty kept.  The best part was we limited on kokes, 12.  First time for me to catch a limit of kokes.  We will be back out again tomorrow to try for another limit.  After this weekend though, unless there is a nice cold spell, I dont think the ice will be too safe.  So good luck everyone till next year.
Right wing shooter, I aim for the left!!!

Nowhere in your incoherent rambling did you come close to what can be considered a rational thought. Everyone is now dumber having heard it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.