The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Glendo  (Read 5244 times)

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Glendo
« on: Oct 29, 2010, 11:51 AM »
I fished Glendo alot last season.  Did good on the perch, but was not good in finding the walleyes or Crappie.  I would like to get some of those this year.   I work a 4 on 4 off schedule so I get a good number of days where I can spend it out on the ice and being in Douglas I am close. 

If anyone wants company out there this year feel free to pm me. 
Don

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Glendo
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2010, 05:43 PM »
Jopes I started fishing glendo last year and am going to be doing alot more. I will let you know when we go out. Maybe each of us can learn something from one another.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2010, 06:25 PM »
Would certainly think about coming down for a day and night of perch/crappie fishing. Having never fished Glendo I'd like to meet up with an IS meber or two. Please keep me posted.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Like I said I will be hitting it harder this year as work allows.  If your ever in the mood to some down feel free to pm me.  I ate alot of perch last ice season.  :D
Don

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Certainly will. Are there some first-ice bays around Glendo?

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2010, 07:09 PM »
if it freezes like last year the north end will get ice before the south/dam end.  I mostly stuck to the south end and I think I was out there on the ice at the dam around the 12 of December. 
Don

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2010, 07:22 PM »
I went back and reread the Glendo thread from last year.  December 12th I fished at the Mountain accross from Reno cove.  few days later I went Fishing with Keith at the Dam. 
Don

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2010, 08:12 AM »
ahhhhh...this years Glendo thread. I have re-read last years a couple of times, and cant wait. Glendo is going to be my primary target this season, looking for Walleye and Perch. Bring on the ice!!

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2010, 11:23 AM »
Its right around the corner now and wont be long.   I need to get some more plastics poured up so im ready to go.   I used to fish glendo when I was a kid but havent fished it for about 10yrs now.  I always fished it out of a float tube, kick boat or our small alum boat but never have Ice fished it.   

I just wish it wasnt so far away from me as its about 8hrs from me when the roads are dry with snow ice and blizzards not sure how many hrs it would take me to get there but I wouldnt mind trying it out.
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2010, 11:27 AM »
ahhhhh...this years Glendo thread. I have re-read last years a couple of times, and cant wait. Glendo is going to be my primary target this season, looking for Walleye and Perch. Bring on the ice!!

Had to get it started early   :D 
Don

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2010, 12:18 PM »
yep about 7 weeks out. I need a project to do in the meantime so I don't obsess too much.

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 2010, 04:59 PM »
yep about 7 weeks out. I need a project to do in the meantime so I don't obsess too much.
Obsession, like buying up a case of  MRE's, ice creepers, loading up the tackle box, seperating out the ice fishing clothes in the closet?  And the worst sign,  pondering where to drill the first hole!
Thread killer

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 31, 2010, 05:12 PM »
I know right about where I am drilling my first hole.  I got part of the gear in the truck already so I don't have to do it when it is blowing cold out.  Bought some jigs, Going to be buying some other items as well this week.  Oh and I am making some stuff this year for myself to hold poles.
Don

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2010, 06:45 PM »
I bought the woman a pair of Sorel winter boots in hopes that  her feet stay warm, therefore allowing me to ice fish more. I don't expect her to obsess about gear preparation like myself, but at least this season she won't be complaining of cold feet!!! People think it's weird that I get ticked right now when it's warm outside.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Cold feet = buzzkill

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 31, 2010, 10:44 PM »
I bought the woman a pair of Sorel winter boots in hopes that  her feet stay warm, therefore allowing me to ice fish more. I don't expect her to obsess about gear preparation like myself, but at least this season she won't be complaining of cold feet!!! People think it's weird that I get ticked right now when it's warm outside.
I forever had cold feet, even sorel's were only good for 20 degrees max.   Then I got a pair of the mickey mouse boots.  I can stand on the ice in below zero temps and still have warm feet. A surplus store, or ebay should have them, worth every penny. Mine are 8 years old and still just like new. I paid $35.

Get your wife some of the chemical hand warmers to stuff down her boots, my friends say they work very well.
Thread killer

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2010, 09:23 PM »
I need to get the wife an underwater camera so I can steal my flasher back from her.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2010, 02:18 AM »
That is one of the items I am picking up this year for the wife and I to use. 
Don

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Hump, why are you complaining, many men would love to be in your situation. ;)
But yes I think you would enjoy the camera also.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 04, 2010, 09:18 PM »
Wife put a power auger on layaway last night and I ordered up a showdown last night.    Guess I better work a little more OT  :D
Don

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 11, 2010, 09:57 AM »
I suspect that this year is gong to be a little different at Glendo due to the water being higher. I'm thinking a guy may end up fishing out in th Red Hills to Bennet and goose island areas more. Could be interesting.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 11, 2010, 10:23 AM »
It will be interesting to see if the lake freezes sooner or later with all the extra water in there.  We are having a bit cooler weather than what we had this time last year.
Don

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 11, 2010, 03:59 PM »
It will be interesting to see if the lake freezes sooner or later with all the extra water in there.  We are having a bit cooler weather than what we had this time last year.

What kind of auger you get Jopes?

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 11, 2010, 04:02 PM »
last year I had picked up a finbore 6" this year I got a Eskimo Z71 gas auger for when the ice gets thicker.
Don

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 11, 2010, 04:05 PM »
I just rec'd a Strike-Lite II from Reeds and might be persuaded to come to Glendo and drill a few holes for ya'll!

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Nov 11, 2010, 11:07 PM »
I am interested in the possibility that the water level may be more stable through the ice season.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 11, 2010, 11:08 PM »
last year I had picked up a finbore 6" this year I got a Eskimo Z71 gas auger for when the ice gets thicker.

A friend got one of those last year. They're a good running rig.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 12, 2010, 04:35 PM »
I hope it is. 

So who logged in and changed your signature the other day?
Don

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 12, 2010, 05:33 PM »
I hope it is. 

So who logged in and changed your signature the other day?
I got tired of looking at moby dick and didn't have any NEW fish pictures yet.
Thread killer

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #29 on: Nov 12, 2010, 11:59 PM »
I think the water level at glendo will be very close to last year. Last I checked they are raising it and its low (maybe 5ft.) compared to when I first fished it last year. If its consistent then the patterns from last year should be good this year.
Tu ne cede malis

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.