Author Topic: Congrats Bosox fans, the Boys of summer are done, the Boys of winter are ready  (Read 970 times)

Offline The Clam

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • icin' eyes
Well, the curse is finally over.  Congrats to the Sox fans.  Don't burn the town down.  Now that the Boys of summer are done though it is getting to be time to think about the Boys (and Girls) of Winter.  The end of the ball season means we are only getting closer.  Fortunately, the walleye fishing on Oneida Lake this time of year is a great crossover between the seasons.  I took a bag of ice and threw it out into the water last night, but it wasn't the same.  Oh well, it won't be long.  Anyway like I said, Party and enjoy out in New England, and as a Mets fan surrounded by Yankee 1d10ts I hope you show them the same courtesy they have shown you over the years. 
Fish may be stupid but I've never seen a perch sitting in a boat with a second degree sun burn trying to catch a man.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
I am so happy for the Red Sox finally. I wish Bill Buckner was still playing though so he could atone even more. He was a good player who happened to make one bad play, but it came at the worst time.
I love baseball. There is no sport like it. I used to love the NBA, but now that the great ones of Stockton, Malone, and the greatest of all, MJ, are gone, it just isn't the same. The only one good enough to be in their category in the league is Shaq. Not to say that Mcgrady, Carter, or Bryant aren't good, and that Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Carmelo Anthony don't have the potetional to be even better than those three.
Anyway back to baseball. The Sox have finally done it. I am so happy to see the monkey off the back. The curse is broken. They did it by being men and brothers, only thinking of the team an the win instead of personal glory and endorsements. If only Stockton and Malone could have had good enough teammates to win a title once MJ was gone. They were the only ones I could think of in any sport that deserved it worse than the Sox. Now I just hope the Cubs can win one finally. Get a closer and have a healthy staff and they will do it.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
Awesome!!!! I have been a soxs fan through the bad and good, now it's time to live it up!  ;D
Anthony

Offline mod_auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good to see the Sox break out of the curse.

Now the Brewers need to end their 12 season losing streak, and get to the playoffs within 5 years!!!!!

Rioting in Milwaukee......I could see that if the Brewers finish over .500 next year!!!!
Play 'em if you wanna fillet 'em!

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
happily eating my crow.....as i have taunted friends for years about being loyal fans of the sox and now i must endure the consequences for a few days.  its all in fun!
BUD

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
i too have been a sox fan since i was a little boy.it feels good to be able to say all the things we have dreamed of like World Champion Boston Red Sox!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.