Author Topic: Hospitality Weekend  (Read 1163 times)

grumpymoe

Hospitality Weekend
« on: Oct 27, 2004, 09:13 PM »
Just a thought that i would throw out to the membership......this year i am going to put the hardwall shanty out on one of the premiere lakes in manitoba......not well known for summer fishing, but when the hardwater hits......bigtime catches of trophy walleye.....on average last season, 75% of the eyes had to be released due to the lake slot of all walleye between the length of 18"-28" mandatory release.....my thought is that the annual derby is the 3rd saturday of march....the 19th.....if anyone would be interested in travelling....(air or ground)....i would organize accomodation with very comfortable and affordable locales, so that you could participate in the derby on the saturday......entry fee is $70.00 CDN per hole....with a second relaxing day fishing in comfortable warm shanties arranged on an as need basis...this is and would be non-profit and just for fun and a friendly get together for friends of this board...BTW...first place is $20,000.00 CDN with numerous prizes sponsored by major fishing and boat manufacturers.....just a thought....either express interest here, or private message me with any questions you may have.....just might be a fun spring weekend....Grump

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
Re: Hospitality Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2004, 09:57 AM »
The fishing sounds so good maybe I'll jump the gun and come out at christmas ;D How long a drive from Calgary? hehehe
I fish therefore I AM!

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2004, 10:18 AM »
i would think calgary to dauphin would be no more than 9 hrs or so....prime time early ice eyes....Grump :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2004, 10:44 AM »
Maybe.....Maybe.....   It's a long drive from L.I.,NY Grump  ---what's the nearest airport?? ::)

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2004, 10:47 AM »
Winnipeg International......or Saskatoon...Grump 8)

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2004, 08:21 PM »
The fishing sounds so good maybe I'll jump the gun and come out at christmas ;D How long a drive from Calgary? hehehe

Pick me up in Red Deer and we are on our way!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.