Author Topic: Canada family vacation  (Read 2397 times)

Offline zuno412

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Bears eat beats"
Canada family vacation
« on: Feb 16, 2004, 06:11 PM »
My family is thinking about going to Canada this summer for a vacation. I was wondering if anybody has done something like this with a focus on fishing(unfortunately not on hard water). We don't want to rough it; there will be three kids, 17(me), 15, and 12 years old, and my mom and dad. Any references or suggestions on where, when, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Good fly-fishing would be a bonus but not necessary....

Thanks a lot

Reelinrolly

Re: Canada family vacation
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2004, 06:52 PM »
if you want fly fishing your going to BC...lol....very very beautiful out there

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2004, 07:04 AM »
there's one place you can't beat, and that's a houseboat on lake of the woods. there's several places you can check out, but in the last number of years, it's become very expensive but a once in a lifetime memory. sioux narrows,(totem lodge) comes to mind, and there are afew more. crappie, perch, walleye, musky, northern pike, lake trout fishing is pretty awesome. can't really think of many other spots that a family would have such an enjoyable time. grumpy

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2004, 12:52 PM »
Hi Gang!
  I would say go to Crawfords camp Sioux narrows Ontairo.
 The place is just fantastic for family fishing.  It is not that expensive and is a real real great time for all.  They have a beach and tons of fun.  They also have the best guide service who will cook you one heck of a walleye shore lunch.
 I got to tell you it is a real real wonderful family place and there cabins are very clean and nice.  Go to there web site at Crawfords Camp . com you can take a good look and see if it suits your needs! About three hours north of duluth minnesota
  Da-Roc

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2004, 01:24 PM »
Flyfishing for Kamloops rainbows in B.C. You won't beat that. You could also hit the Bow River in Calgary, Alberta.

Offline zuno412

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Bears eat beats"
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2004, 01:31 PM »
Thanks a lot guys.  It seems like there are so many places to go, I had no idea where to start looking.  This will help a ton.  I'm gettin' excited already... ;D

Offline Yellow Belly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't horse 'em
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2004, 11:23 AM »
http://www.brookscottages.com

This is where we have gone for the last couple of summers. Nothing too extravagant but the owners are great and they really treat the guests well.

There is a main lake with tons of bass, pike, walleye, etc and there are three other lakes you can portage (hike) to. We caught a ton of fish both times we have been there.

Its about a 2-1/2 - 3 hour drive north of Toronto.

There are literally hundreds of places in the "Cottage Country" region of Northern Ontario that are really good. I don't know where you are located, but do an Internet search on Parry Sound or Georgian Bay and that will keep you busy for a while.

Good Luck.

acsacmboy

« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2004, 11:52 AM »
there is a fly in fishing lodge on Kesagami lake for trophy northern pike and walleyes. the price may be expensive for the whole family but it is great. i typed up pretty much an essay about how much i loved it and the catches about 5 minutes ago but it got deleted. trust me, you would want to check this out.web site is http://www.kesagami.com/contents.htm . if you want more information or anyone. contact me and i will give an honest opinion and review. like i said i wrote probably about 300 words but it got deleted. great fishing

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2004, 01:09 PM »
there's one place you can't beat, and that's a houseboat on lake of the woods.  grumpy

Grump,

I am going there in June. My dad, my brother, my brother's father n law and his son are all going. No houseboat, but we are going to rent boats instead of taking ours. I haven't been there, but I think it is very beautiful based on pics I have seen. Brian

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

PIKEGUY

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2004, 12:28 PM »
I was in Souix Narrows at Yellowbird Lodge with my grandfather in 94. It was unbeleivable. I think anywhere in the Souix Narrows area would be a great spot for a family trip. If I ever get a chance, that's where I'll go again. Good Luck :'(

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2004, 01:16 PM »
fozsey  let me know exactly where you're going. i did a little fly in fishing guiding there 4 springs ago. i still get down every year for lakers. you are going in prime time fishing!!! grumpy

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2004, 03:04 PM »
fozsey  let me know exactly where you're going. i did a little fly in fishing guiding there 4 springs ago. i still get down every year for lakers. you are going in prime time fishing!!! grumpy

Thanks Grump. I will call my brother this weekend. Him and his father in law are setting everything up. Pretty trusting aren't I.  :-\ I will get back to you Monday. Brian

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.