The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Martinsdale Reservoir is ON FIRE for Fat Trout!  (Read 10025 times)

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Martinsdale Reservoir is ON FIRE for Fat Trout!
« Reply #90 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:03 PM »
oh look...more justification and excuses...

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, and than fish some more!
« Reply #91 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Reread all the posts pal....and I wonder who youre i'ming  :whistle:
Dozens of people have added plenty of value, but your ignorance overwhelms it...

I retract my statement. After looking at all your other comments, of the 8 or so comments you made on this post, this was the only time when you added to the conversation: 
Parking issues, more garbage, more conflict, issues with neighbors... List goes on and on as to what hotspotting does....

Almost every other post you made was things like the following:

+"Remember when I was a dick for bringing this up all the time? People finally getting it...."

+"Seems like to the "t", whenever this subject comes up, the OP always defends themselves with any and every justification. They never even attempt to think about the comments and where the other side of the conversation is coming from..."

+"waiting....."

+"im literally dumbfounded at this point.  But i bet we get more justifications....."

Yeah really insightful and valuable contributions there, including your most recent:
oh look...more justification and excuses...

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #92 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:15 PM »
This is the route you're going now eh? Priceless! Stay ignorant;) oh and nice work continually ignoring everyone's comments...

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #93 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:16 PM »
Unless your fishing for likes and follows, then I guess all is fair.

I think this is the gist of it at this point.

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:21 PM »
This is the route you're going now eh? Priceless! Stay ignorant;) oh and nice work continually ignoring everyone's comments...

I get it, you think I am ignorant and just justifying the decision I made to include the lake name in the video. 
You accusing me of it over and over isn't helping anything. Just saying.

I have already pointed out why that isn't what I am doing and defended myself and sought to find out why so many people are so passionate about this.  Believe what you want to believe though.

I haven't been ignoring everyone's comments, I have been responding to as many as I can?

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:22 PM »
"Unless your fishing for likes and follows, then I guess all is fair."
I think this is the gist of it at this point.

Literally just explained above why I fish and make videos yet you continue to throw out these unfounded accusations.  Real nice.

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:26 PM »
and I wonder who youre i'ming  :whistle:
Also what did you mean by this part?

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #97 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Believe what you want to believe though.

I'm beliving what I'm reading, not what I want to.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:27 PM »
It comes down to there is no valid justification/excuse for hotspotting.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #99 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:32 PM »
I am taking orders for t-shirts that say "I fished Martinsdale before it was famous" and "I fished Martinsdale before Alla-Akbar happened".  BoomerFTW, these guys are actually like little loveable puppies in person.  Just take the vid down, from Ice Shanty, send me the GPS coord's and we will be OK.

I think everyone will be fishing Frances this weekend, well except for me, I will be at Martinsdale.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:35 PM »
It comes down to there is no valid justification/excuse for hotspotting.

Call it a day boys, we have our answer.

Might as well get rid of every "Fishing Reports And Conditions" section under each state on the IceShanty forums so that people stop hotspotting.

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Oh my..... ::) it’s not hate boomer it’s probably a combined thousand plus days of ice fishing experience with specific examples. That said this should not get so personal.

I have a great idea, when you get skunked post that cold spot!🙏

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #102 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:46 PM »
Oh my..... ::) it’s not hate boomer it’s probably a combined thousand plus days of ice fishing experience with specific examples. That said this should not get so personal.

I qualify for that!  Pm me I get can get you into some real skunks for the vids.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #103 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:02 PM »
It comes down to there is no valid justification/excuse for hotspotting

Call it a day boys, we have our answer

I love it when an out-of-stater calls BS on protecting our resources no mater what or where they are....

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:05 PM »

I know you are kidding around, but I actually do have some videos of me getting skunked, a couple in particular is of ice fishing at... you guessed it! Cooney Reservoir! haha
Isn't it SOOOO crazy that nobody got mad at me for posting these videos?

oldschoolben

« Reply #105 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Man ,if this video was about walleye there would be a lynch mob  ready with a rope,  ,Im sure the video was meant to just show them having a good time, but they didn't understand the negative effects,  I agree that social media is a bad thing , hell I stopped using Facebook 5 years ago, but as my name indicates Im old school about things, my only gripe is people dont understand how bragging about fishing or hunting spots are screwing ul good fisheries and hunting locations, too much info is not a good thing,

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #106 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:25 PM »

Offline SLIMMETT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Jan 10, 2019, 07:00 PM »
Video is C- D+ at best (A for effort).  As a lifelong sportsman in Montana sacred hunting and fishing spots are shared only with family and close friends.  Only frequent places nobody else is willing to go.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #108 on: Jan 10, 2019, 07:34 PM »
Thanks for the Cooney vid.  Scratch Cooney off the bucket list.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline BloodShotP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Jan 10, 2019, 07:34 PM »
And keep any “that’s too harsh” comments to yourself folks. This is a forum for adult ice fishing so if you can’t handle people getting pissed about guys wrecking fishing quality on water they don’t frequent and therefore aren’t concerned with ruining, all in trade for YouTube likes, just wait till it happens to your spot.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Jan 10, 2019, 07:35 PM »

Glad most of the Montana guys are on the same page. I’ll state again, video is terrible, you have a very annoying personality and are one of the most ignorant and judging by the video, lamest,  guys I’ve ever seen. Prob why you need “likes” and “subs”. Get a f*ing life. It’s hilarious how you respond to every single post like a high school girl on Facebook. If you can’t see what we are saying there’s no hope.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I refuse to watch the video but I'll take your word for it. Glad someone finally let loose

Offline CatchDeFeesh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Jan 10, 2019, 08:17 PM »
Chill out BloobShot. That’s too harsh. Uh oh, now I’m gonna get it. Freaking hilarious how this thread has devolved.

This is the simplest fix in all the world. Just don’t give the name of the body of water. That’s it. It’s fun watching folks get so much joy out of fishing and it really does get people amped up to go out and try it. Still, that can be accomplished by not giving the name of the lake/reservoir.

Although I don’t believe this video will have a great impact on the fishing pressure there, if you had caught a bunch of perch or big walleye somewhere else you’d have a zoo at the spot you caught them in no time. People around here will go to great lengths to catch a bunch of jumbo perch if they know where to go, ie Holter.

Just look at the reports page. Lots of reports on where trout are, where to catch them on the lake, and what to use even. Not much info when it comes to successfull perch/walleye/pike outings.

I hope you keep making these videos because I really enjoy them. Simply keep the name of the lake out of it and there will be no negativity towards it. Also, what song is playing? Really liked the music. You can always post a detailed report in the reports section too. No one will scold you for that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.