The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: holter  (Read 13808 times)

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: holter
« Reply #90 on: Feb 26, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Trappermike82,
Nope, been at work, might head up Sunday and pull and all night'er or head up to Frances...got some monster ling there compared to Holter; 27" of ice too... :tipup:
Z
Anyone been up there this week?  I think I've caught ling fever  ;D  Going to give it another shot.  My wife will actually eat ling...
TED NUGENT for PRESIDENT!

Offline trappermike82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Feb 26, 2010, 11:10 PM »
Ice and whiskey is already up there and I am heading up tomorrow afternoon.  If you go to Frances, good luck!

Offline PROMO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Feb 27, 2010, 12:44 AM »
i've think i've got that sickness too but this weekend i'm goin to daily catch some perch... hopefully good luck catching ling and if you catch too many just send them my way

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Feb 27, 2010, 07:16 AM »
Cool, will do Brother; you as well.  Let me know how you all did!:tipup:
Z
Ice and whiskey is already up there and I am heading up tomorrow afternoon.  If you go to Frances, good luck!
TED NUGENT for PRESIDENT!

Offline trappermike82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:23 AM »
I think the final count was 7 or 8 ling and 6 trout.  I lost track of how many spooled and tangled tipups we had saturday night!  The first ling I caught had three of my four tipups with it... I guess he was hungry  ;D  iceandwhiskey caught one ling about 6 lbs.  It was a pig!  Overall, I would call it a failry productive weekend.  Didn't sound like many people did real well for anything this weekend.  After this week of upcoming warm weather, it might be tough to get out on the ice.  It was already starting to pull away from shore yesterday.

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Mar 03, 2010, 10:27 AM »
How is the ice holding up?  Forecast is not looking good.

Offline trappermike82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Mar 03, 2010, 11:26 AM »
When I was up there Sunday, the ice was starting to pull away from the shore and there was open water over by split rock.  There was 10-12 inches of ice, but it was cruddy looking ice.  I would have to imagine there might be some more open water this weekend and there will probably be some open water between the ice and shore.  How much is anyone's guess.

Offline FishN4Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Mar 03, 2010, 01:46 PM »
I would be very careful.

We were quite a ways upstream from Departure Point and the ice is getting VERY soft.

You could put a spud bar right through 6 inches of ice in two swipes.

I'm done, personally.

With Holter ice fishing, that is.   Time to get the boat out at the Gates!
FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iceandwiskey

« Reply #98 on: Mar 03, 2010, 03:04 PM »
I would be very careful.

We were quite a ways upstream from Departure Point and the ice is getting VERY soft.

You could put a spud bar right through 6 inches of ice in two swipes.

I'm done, personally.

With Holter ice fishing, that is.   Time to get the boat out at the Gates!

X2, Sound advice.

Offline carpsnager

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #99 on: Mar 04, 2010, 05:00 PM »
went to the gates yesterday in the boat,had problems with big motor so had to stay in main lake with electric motor. three of us and we must of caught 30 trout and had lots of bites.all we used were jigs,really wanted to caught a few walleye.can't wait to get out again but like many of you know who have had boat problems it might take awhile to get it back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.