The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Georgetown Lake ice conditions?  (Read 33398 times)

Offline flyfish59102

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it didn't have a mother then it wasn't a meal.
Re: Georgetown Lake ice conditions?
« Reply #90 on: Dec 28, 2009, 03:29 PM »
10 salmon and 12 trout near %$^*housebay between 6:30am and 11:00. Slow day but it was better than working. Still looking for that 70 salmon day. I did hear people were doing good out past badger bay. It might be time to break out the 4 wheeler and do some exploring.

flyfish59102

Offline RustyWaterDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:14 PM »
Heading to g-town on Saturday.  Is anyone else planning on being there?

Offline .45-75WCF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 01, 2010, 06:16 PM »
We drove over today.  On the ice and fishing at 7AM.  Yes it seems late, but we live in the Bitterroot so it's a long drive.   Didn't start catching fish until 7:45 to 8AM anyway.  Left the ice at 11:30.  We caught 10 Salmon and around 8 Rainbow between the two of us.  Not a great day of catching, but a great day of fishing.  Weather was nice, very little wind and the Rainbow were large hogs.  Can't ask for anything better than that for the first day of '10.

Offline RustyWaterDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:58 AM »
Was out yesterday.  It was warm but quite windy. Lots of people fishing all over the lake. Seemed like we had alot better day then most.  Between my buddy and me we caught 59 kokes and 6 rainbow.  Kept the kokes and sent the bows back down the hole.

Offline muskyhntr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Jan 03, 2010, 11:06 AM »
hey Rustywaterdogs you did good on the kokes,we were out in badger bay and caught 34 rainbows and 1 brook trout.The rainbows were nice size with 8 around 18"19" lots of fun.We have not been able to catch many kokes this year so far,getting a lot of bites not able to hook and land them.What were you guys using?

Offline RustyWaterDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:12 PM »
swedish pimples and hali's with maggots or meal worms.

Offline Icejigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Jan 03, 2010, 06:55 PM »
rustywaterdogs, what do you do in livingston? been here for over 30 years now. Getting tired of the wind though.

Offline Icenutter5000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:34 PM »
Rustwaterdogs and Icejigs,

I thought I was only one driving from windy city to G-town and on the ice by 7.  I have only made the trip once this year.  We killed the trout, but had slow day on Koke's. 

Offline flyfish59102

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #98 on: Jan 04, 2010, 11:07 AM »
Ok days on Friday and Sunday. 10+ trout each day before 11:00 when I packed it in. I got 5 salmon on Friday and 6 on Sunday. I'm still waiting patiently for the schools to move into my favorite fishing grounds.

Flyfish59102

Offline TooLucky406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Jan 04, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Update on my trip to Georgetown.  We went on Thursday the 31st and was fishing by 3am and try to fish new water due to the slow bite on previous trips.  Didn't do so well on those new ventures but we went back to some old spots (9am) and did pretty good.  Between the four of us we all limited out on the Bows and combined, had over a bucket of Kokanee (thinking we caught about 30 each, some more then others.  Could have done better if we would have just fished our old spots.  Still fishing Comers, but the Kokanee are very specific in the direction they were bite.  Some of my buddies did not see any Kokanee with their tents North or South of us, but if East or West of our tents the bite was on.  Pretty sure all of you are familiar with this.  Was planning to go up there the following Sunday but is now feeling the affects of going up to Georgetown every week since December.  Still planning to make one more trip up Georgetown this weekend, maybe Saturday....the Packers are playing on Sunday!  No hating too!!!         

Offline .45-75WCF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Any recent news on Georgetown?

Offline gundog11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Jan 21, 2010, 03:47 PM »
I have been up there about four times this month and have caught only trout. I have heard other people are having 50-80 salmon days over by dentons point?

Offline slyfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Feb 01, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Hey guys, just got back from MN for a month and yes I will spare the details!  What has been going on G-town these days?  Ice?  Trout?  Salmon?  Depths, colors (or a GPS coordinate would be nice).   Thanks for whatever info you send.  And the MN state call is not the forlorn loon song,  it is...... FLAGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!  Cheers.

Offline flyfish59102

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Feb 01, 2010, 05:49 PM »
Fished $%*house bay on Sunday. Caught 10 salmon and 5 trout in 3.5 hours. A little slow, but still something to do. I'm going to 4 wheeler over to badger bay next weekend and see if it is any better over there. It used to be anyway but I haven't been over since they started developing it.  >:(

flyfish59102

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Feb 02, 2010, 07:38 AM »
Was by Dentons Saturday from 6:30 until 10:00. Got 4 trout and 1 salmon. Jigging a rat finkie with maggots.

Offline WEEZER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Jan 29, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Going to georgetown this saturday. Was wondering what the ice thickness?

Offline freezeoutfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #106 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:48 PM »
weezer i was up to gt today the ice was all of 16 inches   fished off dentons point  trout slow but we caught a few  and salmon was the same but we also caught a few of them too   biologist said it seemed to be hit and miss around the lake today   some good and some not so good
It is what it is

Offline Fowl intentions

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Jan 30, 2012, 02:30 PM »
I was out there on Sat. Pretty slow at Jerico Bay. Seemed like a lot of tents but sounded like we were on of the better ones out there with 6 fish. 2 rainbows and the rest koks. Talked to a guy that said Piney point had a ton of fish on his sonar. We fished red and green jigs with maggots and a pink swed pimp. Oh and holy shi! with a hand auger!!! 16" + of ice. I am sore.

Offline Teneighty181

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Feb 08, 2013, 04:56 PM »
Fowl Intentions - I am heading up there on Sunday morning. Good thing I have been hitting the gym. Sounds like I have my work cut out for me on the hand auger. You ever fish in front of the Pumphouse?

Offline chainz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Feb 09, 2013, 12:33 PM »
Trying to get my posts in.  I grew up fishing G-town and targeted the salmon.  Swedish pimple with a drop like a glow hook or a small gold hook with maggots.  Many fond memories of icefishing up there.

Offline Beardcicle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #110 on: Jan 05, 2015, 01:26 PM »
15 inches yesterday...fishing was slow at Comers.

Offline perchassassin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #111 on: Jan 07, 2015, 12:53 PM »
16 inches in badger bay yesterday. The salmon fishing was slow but we were doing well for trout.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.