Author Topic: Bigredonice's ice fishing pictures (Smallmouth, crappy ice - pg16)  (Read 33207 times)

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice job Lance, looks like you were not kidding when you said you had your best ever pan fish weekend! Way to Go!

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice goin man!!! Im gettin real antsy waiting for the crappies to invade the shallows of a few places in particular....hope i get on em like that!! :)

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
punney walleye dud i catch that size for bait when u catch i nice 15 lber let me know :tipup: ;D

So your cocky...but illiterate??   :clap:

Did you mean:
Puny walleye dude!!  I catch that size for bait.  When you catch a nice 15 lbs. er...let me know.   :cookoo:

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
thanks for the great words everyone...I really do appreciate it :thumbsup:

I am getting ready to leave work right now, I have Thurs and Fri off, but unfortunately, I have some family business to attend to.  Hopefully I can get out this weekend on the king for lakers, or head over to my walleye spot...if I get the chance :-\

Offline jo-jos_jigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice catch! I think it was all the practice you had on the Koi's though................ ;D

hali-man

I have Thurs and Fri off, but unfortunately, I have some family business to attend to. 
Ouch! Nice catch as always, L.
It's cool that you got to show LoneWolf around on some NY waters.

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
wow nice gills and crappie.
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Man, nice work!  Looks like you guys are really killin' em.  I gotta commend ya on releasing those bigger craps.  I always try to, but they look so good in the frying pan, it's hard!  Good self control, & keep the pics coming!

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Bartman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Finally got to see your last set of pics, awesome! Wild color on the gills, they look translucent.

Wish I was there too (actually I was there yesterday  ;))   

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Go out and get some of those lakers...... ;D

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
So your c**ky...but illiterate??   :clap:

Did you mean:
Puny walleye dude!!  I catch that size for bait.  When you catch a nice 15 lbs. er...let me know.   :cookoo:

Hey!!  Better leave that Peteamus alone..he's got windlass tip ups that'll outfish your stick tip ups 5 to 1......just ask him......

It's just talk Bazooka...and doesn't mean much on here...the braggarts are always rooted out quickly I think...Esox...
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Well another great trip in the books, folks.  I headed out to "Trout Camp" with my buddies for some ice fishing.  I had a great time hanging out with my friends, and doing some serious jigging. The action was fantastic. My friends have the fish patterned down to a science, so all I had to do was drill in the right spot ;). I ended up nabbing 42 lakers over the course of a few days time, with a few of my buddies scoring way more than I.  The only problem was the ice. It was really REALLY scary.  At times I would be on 3 inches of good ice, then 3 feet away I'm on alot less - dangerous conditions.  I made sure I had my spikes around my neck and a strong rope within easy reach.  Thankfully there were no accidents. :-\ .  The wind was howling the entire time I was there, and I burned through a bunch of propane cylinders.  It was nice to have the big space of the Yukon to fight those lakers in.  Well enough chat, lets get to the pictures, and there is alot of them this week.

my first laker of the trip, its just a baby ;D

here we go, some typical fish
(I'm happy in this picture, I swear ;D)

this one could almost pass as a salmon :D

this one has a funky deformity, possibly an old hook wound of some sort?

Here's my friend Mike fighting one of the lakers he hooked.  Unfortunately for Mike he was jinxed, and could not get one to stay on.

Okay now here are some bigger fish.

This one really showed that dark adirondack coloration.

this one had the feedbag on

a tourney entry that was upgraded later

I even caught two whitefish - both 22"

The smaller of the two

Even though this fish was 22.5", it had a full pound of weight over the smaller 22" fish.

Here's Scott with a big trout

Dave with a good one

Here's a nice one, notice the small head - 28.75"

My biggest fish, 29" even.  Great color on this wild fish, with the fire colored fins and dark coloration.

My friend Ryan had the big fish mojo working overtime, and caught some beauties

Here he is a with a 30"+ trout

And the biggest fish of the season, this 13lb 8oz specimen

Everything was released with the exception of one of the tasty whitefish, and one very unfortunate laker that got hooked in a gill arch. :pinch: :sick:

Fishingking was also with us, and has some pictures of his own to put up at some point. You can see his boot tips in some of my pictures if you look closely ;) ;D

Almost forgot - I took a picture of this neat ice formation

camo_fish

very nice post about going to "Trout School".  :thumbsup: those are some sweet looking lakers along with some hugh whitefish too.  :clap: Looks like you guys were schooling the trout.  ;)2 :flex: WTG

Offline CD_cantbassfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • In - Mate #000068
Thanks for having me along Lance .I had fun even if I couldn't get one on the ice.It was a total learning expierence.I learned people are nutty enough to fish on 2" of ice!!Thanks for keeping me on TOP of the ice pal.

Offline Webguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lured into it, get reel!

(I'm happy in this picture, I swear ;D)

LOL  :D  :D  :D - hysterical!!!!
Awesome pictures of awesome fish, from what looked like an awesome trip!
Very cool!

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Nice fish!! Great whitefish, really tasty!

PIKEGUY

Awesome trip BR! I love looking at laker pictures ;D

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
Holy trout!!   :bow:  That ice sounds scary.  And it looks like a long walk out there on the trout pond.

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
geez bigred, be careful out there...less than 3 inches?!  NY needs ya!!  I must say, those were beautiful fish!  Sounds like you guys had a blast!!

Offline dwaytkus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If she loves you, she will clean them!
Awsome fish Lance.  Way to wrap up the end of the year on the hardwater.  I am dreaming of spring crappies and rainbows and browns and brookies o my.  O yeah some eye's too!!!!    ;D

Offline akdg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Great pics Red! Looks like you guys made the most of your time ;D  Check out this pic of a laker I caught about two weeks ago-  look familiar?  I thought the same thing as you, but this is from a different lake. ??? Anyway, great pics!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Bartman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looks like a little Go-T he's got growing there.

Nice Pics Lance, another banner excursion for team NY.

Offline zgoz89

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The bone collector
Those are some wicked lakers, good going man!
A Couple Reasons Why Fishing is Better Than Sex!

1. Nobody expects you to Fish with the same partner for the rest of your life

2. There are no Fishing-transmitted diseases.

3. If your partner takes pictures or videotapes of you Fishing,you don't have to worry about them showing up on the Internet if you become famous.

4. It's perfectly respectable to Fish with a total stranger.

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lance great pics as always! Ya gotta love GPS hotspots :)

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
punney walleye dud i catch that size for bait when u catch i nice 15 lber let me know :tipup: ;D

I don't suppose you've got pictures of those monster walleyes you've personally caught, do you??  Did you leave it home that day or did the batteries die???
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Bigredonice's ice fishing pictures
« Reply #235 on: Mar 14, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Well it looks like this was my last weekend on the ice this year.  On Saturday morning my buddies and I headed out behind their camp for some jigging.  We went out off of shore a little way testing with a chisel as we went. After an hour of not catching anything, we decided that the ice just wasn't safe enough to be doing much moving.  About that time my buddy found a fist sized rock in his sled and decided to throw it at the ice to check on it's condition.   To our terror, it just went right through without a sound :pinch: that was possibly the scariest thing I have ever experienced on the ice.  We Immediately got out of there.  Once we got to shore, my buddies decided to see how thick the ice was.  Surprisingly it was plenty thick, but completely honeycombed

We went out that afternoon and the next day for some mixed bag fishing on a different lake. We caught a bunch of perch, and some nice bass.

Here is my buddy Ryan with a sequence of pics

I got a nice one too

Well thats pretty much it folks.  See y'all over on www.myfishfinder.com, where I am actually putting up my first open water pics of the year in a few minutes. ;D

camo_fish

Re: Bigredonice's ice fishing pictures (Smallmout, crappy ice - pg16)
« Reply #236 on: Mar 15, 2006, 12:18 AM »
nice smallie to end the ice season and bring in the open water season.  :thumbsup:

hali-man

« Reply #237 on: Mar 15, 2006, 02:17 AM »
I love smallies!
Nice job, L.
I'm glad you didn't go swimming...
 8)

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #238 on: Mar 15, 2006, 06:25 AM »
Great pictures. I think if you went up north you could still get 1 more weekend on the ice.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice bronzebacks!!  I bet they were fun on the jigging rod...especially from a deep depth.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.