Author Topic: Eagle Silent Sixty 1 Flasher  (Read 3700 times)

Offline BrookTroutKid

• IceShanty Rookie
Eagle Silent Sixty 1 Flasher
« on: Oct 27, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Hey guys I joined the forum last year but havent posted much. I moved to Fairbanks recently to finish my Fisheries Bio degree at UAF and I hope to get out a bunch this winter.
I recently picked up an Eagle Silent Sixty 1 flasher and was wondering if anyone had any experience with one? It's not a Vex or a Marcum but i imagine it should work for finding depth at least. (I paid next to nothing for it so I'm not out much of its a piece of junk) .

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Eagle Silent Sixty 1 Flasher
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2016, 07:44 PM »
I've had a couple over the years. It will mark bottom and fish. Fine tuning should help tracking the jigs.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Well, there's definitely better than that BUT if it's what you got it will work. Nothing wrong as a cheap entry level tool. Trust me when I tell you, it will reach a point when you will "have" to upgrade. Heck, I actually started with an H-bird Silent 60 now I think of it. Built a box for it out of an old Rubbermaid container with some magnesium angle and PVC sheet for a handle and mounting space. I still use that box as a spare portable.

My next was one of the first Vex FL-8s. Had that for years and used that as a bow mount on my boat during open water for quite a while.

Free (or next to it) is good. Go for it!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline BrookTroutKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Hey thanks guys, I just got a battery for it yesterday so I'm hoping to give it a shot this week 😄

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2016, 11:13 AM »
Good luck, I ran an Eagle fish ID back in the day.

It worked fine back then...

<°)))>{

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2016, 08:26 PM »
I have an eagle silent sixty 2, the only difference is the sixty goes to 60ft and the sixty 2 goes to 120ft.  I mark the tiniest jigs in 40ft of water....  One color is a little hard to tell the size of the fish but after a little time using it you can tell the bigger fish from the smaller ones.  Staring at the screen long enough I can even tell the species that the orange mark is.   It marks depth as well as any modern entry level unit but a little bit harder to tell bottom composition.  Also my unit likes to fog up on the inside of the screen outside the hut in extreme cold temps.  Plus be prepared there is no IR setting so if there is anybody within 40 ft of you, you will for sure have a hard time, but again after long hours using it, you will still be able to tell what is going on if your are fishing next to your buddies with vex's...  One guy really hates me....   lol  my silent 60 2 jacks up his lowrance open water sonar something fierce!!!!!

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2016, 08:45 PM »
That was my first ice fishing electronics and it worked pretty darn good too. The one color is the big drawback, but I will say this, if you can figure that one out.... any other 3 color flasher is going to run like a Cadillac for you. make sure your transducer hangs straight and at the bottom of the hole. For me it was a situation where poor men have poor ways.... good luck!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.