Author Topic: Deep Creek camp area?  (Read 1279 times)

walleyekiller

Deep Creek camp area?
« on: Feb 04, 2005, 09:27 AM »
Hi all,
The military has had me in an area where there is no fishing for the past couple weeks so now I'm back and see there are fish being caught out of Deep Creek.  I've called the Maryland state DNR and have struck out so I now pass the question on to you.
I'm coming from Delaware and have a truck camper and would like to hit the ice on Saturday and Sunday.  Is there an area open or is there primitive camping available at the lake?  I called and spoke to a lady who wasn't much help and couldn't tell me if I could set up in the boat ramp parking lot if the camp area was closed.  The only hook-up I need is a 110 outlet but thats not 100% necessary.

Thanks again for your help.  I look forward to posting some reports rather than questions...

Don
www.walleyekiller.com

walleyekiller

Re: Deep Creek camp area?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Also, are there any bait shops in the local area or a wal-mart?  I need a set of safety spikes and some cleats for my boots.  They don't carry anything like that here and Cabelas was out today.

Don

Offline Floater

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keep your pole off the ice
Re: Deep Creek camp area?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2005, 06:59 PM »
WEK,

I don't know about being able to camp at the actual lake, but there are some campground not to far open year round near the bottom of this page
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/oc.html
though they might not have that 110 outlet that you're looking for.

Good luck,
Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.