Author Topic: Best fishing gloves  (Read 4111 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Best fishing gloves
« Reply #30 on: Nov 16, 2019, 12:07 PM »
Seems most time I get my gloves on  I gota take them off...I have 3 finger mittens for ATV ride out then not used till the ride in..most days just dollar store fleece gloves with the index,thumb and middle finger cut off on my jigging/baiting hand ..last year I wore some sweat/wrist bands with a small hand warmer tucked in it ...seemed to help  . I have neoprene gloves ..wool gloves and mittens ..but seem to feel the cheap fleece suits my needs better ..I got some latex gloves last season ..but forgot to use them … and always have extra/dry gloves and a hang towel at the ready .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Icemole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Nov 16, 2019, 12:44 PM »
 Not quite as frigid in these parts as some of you guys but I've been using  Seal Skinz  gloves for years.  Warm(enough for me) waterproof and breathable. I originally got them for duck hunting - picking up wet ducks and decoys at the end of the hunt. I still take them off for some of the smaller ice jigs and trying to put on a wax worm, but shiners and bigger hooks for them are no problem.  Mine are an older version with different "dots" 

https://www.cabelas.com/product/SEALSKINZ-GLOVE-LW-ULTRA-GRIP/3298608.uts?productVariantId=6465813&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_i

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #32 on: Nov 16, 2019, 03:09 PM »
I use a billion different pairs ..Polar gloves to set and pick up , thin pair for drilling , artic armour for when it’s brutal ..I also where a muff which is perfect with hand warmers ..however like all the other tough guys I’m a fan of no gloves

when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Yopy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 16, 2019, 03:44 PM »
cabelas makes a warm camo pair that have flip over finger covers with a magnet to secure them open. the finger sleeves are cut back so your fingers are exposed and they work well versus taking the gloves off. The flap also has a pouch to put a hand warmer in.

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 17, 2019, 12:29 PM »
I got mine a couple years ago and not sure if they still make them, but mountain hardware merino wool gloves work amazing, they were kind of pricey but well worth every cent

Offline CA1492

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Nov 20, 2019, 02:13 PM »
In addition to a mix of gloves and mitts , have a couple cheap microfiber towels to dry your hands.  No matter what the leather chopper mitts are in my gear box. 

On cold days there are hand warmers in my jacket pockets to revitalize my hands and ward off the frost nip & bite.  Be careful it sneaks up on you.

Oh, Have spare hand warmers with you in the car.  Hand them out to the kids and ladies when you see them getting uncomfortable and earn some good guy points.
~CA1492

Build a man a fire and he is warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 24, 2019, 11:42 AM »
I'm a big fan of the BPS (White River) L/XL fingerless fleece gloves.  They make a huge difference over going bare handed.  They're cheap, comfortable and I'd recommend 2 pairs in case 1st pair gets wet.  Fingerless gloves + mitts + hand warmers are a good combo - especially for dragging a sled in or out.  Use the fingerless gloves for detailed work or setting up traps, then back in the mitts for travel.

As others mentioned, a towel or rag to keep hands dry is a good idea, too.

For jigging, I like thermal work gloves with latex on the palm side.  I have several pairs for doing yard work and the thermal versions work great in winter, too. I'm used to them and they work well for me. I break them in during the winter, then use them for yard work in Spring + Fall.  Full latex makes my hands sweat, so I can't use them.

If all else fails, a shelter + buddy heater works wonders, lol.  :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.