Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2019  (Read 63506 times)

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2019
« Reply #390 on: Mar 26, 2019, 06:27 PM »
We cant talk about it...... :nono:  :woot: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #391 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:08 PM »
As an outsider. Why do you fish new found?  The numbers you produce are awful compared to other lakes? I could never sit out there all day for one or 2 tiny Lakers

Some things are more important than the catch.

There aren’t any lakes that I know that have the comradery and sense of community that the Circus has at Newfound. Nice knowing that help is a phone call or radio call away.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #392 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Some things are more important than the catch.

There aren’t any lakes that I know that have the comradery and sense of community that the Circus has at Newfound. Nice knowing that help is a phone call or radio call away.
Great pic and explanation, Capt.
Didn't realize the Dark Side was such a busy place?

Someone should show Mr. Menzone an "IS gathering pic" hosted by the Circus and Keith on Newfound! 

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #393 on: Mar 26, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Great pic and explanation, Capt.
Didn't realize the Dark Side was such a busy place.

Thanks CD. Some days it’s quiet on the Dark Side and quite a few days we are a social hub.😉. This was Newfound Derby weekend. My sister in law took the picture from shore. First time she saw us in action and couldn’t believe the crowd we were entertaining.Not all the people shown are fishing. We take in snowmobilers as well. For some reason they stop for libations at the end of the day. All good friends! 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️ The Circus folks showed up a little later in the afternoon. No pictures!😎

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #394 on: Mar 27, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Show us the recipe!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #395 on: Mar 27, 2019, 10:26 AM »
Someone should show Mr. Menzone an "IS gathering pic" hosted by the Circus and Keith on Newfound!

This was one of my first experiences with the Circus... moving out day some years ago:

Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #396 on: Mar 27, 2019, 01:33 PM »
Thanks CD. Some days it’s quiet on the Dark Side and quite a few days we are a social hub.😉

This was one of my first experiences with the Circus... moving out day some years ago:

(Image removed from quote.)
Yep, that sums it up pretty well.
"It's not always about the fishing."

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #397 on: Mar 27, 2019, 09:16 PM »
3/27/2019

Got out to the bobhouse after work. Tippin, Laker Taker, Psycho came out as well. Psycho bounced his house to another spot and mentioned it was the easiest bounce he did all season. Traction is really good right now for pulling.

Didn’t get any lakers but one was hanging around waiting for chum. He got none.
Cusk fishing so far only yielded 2 small ones.

Spending the night. Too perfect out to pass up.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #398 on: Mar 28, 2019, 05:14 AM »
A photo Finnish. .last chapter still to be written.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #399 on: Mar 28, 2019, 10:01 PM »
 3/27 & 3/28/2019

Great sleeping night. No to low winds and quiet.
Ended the night w 3 small cusk. Fished w the underwater camera w the lights on. Normally I just switch to the fish finder. Was pretty cool seeing lakers and cusk at night.
Fished about shortly after midnight.

In the morning the same 2 lakers were waiting for their breakfast. Played w them till around 11 am. Hated to leave this area for the season but Decided it time to bounce. The bounce was super easy. Conditions were perfect.

Got set up by Wellington and managed to yank up 3 lakers.
Psycho fished today and later KakernTaker made it out for the evening bite.
Another nice day and evening. Got 2 cusk so far and Decided to stay over another night. 

Some temps time line from last night through today.

url=https://postimg.cc/k6jrfwdt][/url]

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #400 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:29 AM »
It's just to bad the end is near 😂

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #401 on: Mar 29, 2019, 06:44 PM »
3/29/2019

Another great night to sleep out. Warm and low winds.
Caught a few cusk but again all were small.

Decided to bump the house after CH got out. A little bit deeper waters.

Day was overcast until around 5 pm and the sun broke through.

CH and I both ended up with one each. Saw a bunch of lakers and missed a few, including a school of 15 suckers.

Speaking of 15, Tippin had his PB and ended his day w 15 lakers and one 22” cusk. Both a PB.

Looks like it’s gonna be another nice night to sleep out but CH says it’s time for a shower.

Back at it in the morning.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #402 on: Mar 29, 2019, 10:03 PM »
For some reason they stop for libations at the end of the day. All good friends!
Ah, that explains one of the attractions Denny has to the Dark Side!  :roflmao:

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #403 on: Mar 30, 2019, 05:33 AM »
Ah, that explains one of the attractions Denny has to the Dark Side!  :roflmao:

Always some type of show going on I just try not to be the "main act".

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #404 on: Mar 30, 2019, 12:12 PM »
Always some type of show going on I just try not to be the "main act".
Understood! We tend to think along the same lines, Denny.
Now, if it's not a major infraction of the Dark Side rules, I'd like to get the low down on this Eddie Spaghetti character?
PM's or e-mails are acceptable.  ;)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #405 on: Mar 30, 2019, 07:26 PM »
3/30/2019

Got to the lake at O'dark 30. Shortly afterwards, Brookieslayer showed up, nice chat and nice to meet you. Hope you got into the rainbows you were after.

Overcast, warm and no wind. Later in the afternoon the sun peeked out to greet us.

CH managed to get 2 Lakers and lost 1. I got a skunk although i did catch a sucker in the tail, on my tip up, while i was flying the drone, not paying attention, that looked a lot like my sucker that was missing from my bait bucket.....hummmm. No one really owned up to it :) but got me.

Tippin was on fire again today catching 11 before noon. Then we all decided it was time to shut him down and put our houses together and start grilling. Too much food, great company and awesome weather. Cant complain and it was really nice getting to see everyone!

At the end of the day, Cleaned out the house to lighten the load. Tomorrow we pull the houses off the lake and take them home then hopefully get a ride in before it rains. We like to do a last ride around the lake cleaning up whatever we can that's been left behind. It's a fun ride around the lake. We'll see with the rain coming how we make out.

Not quite done yet......

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #406 on: Mar 31, 2019, 07:55 AM »
Good luck and be safe guys..

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #407 on: Mar 31, 2019, 01:20 PM »
Sounds like a nice way to end the season, and thanks for keeping the thread going this year!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #408 on: Mar 31, 2019, 01:33 PM »
3/30/2019

I got a skunk although i did catch a sucker in the tail, on my tip up, while i was flying the drone, not paying attention, that looked a lot like my sucker that was missing from my bait bucket.....hummmm. No one really owned up to it :) but got me.

I’m not sure how you “caught” that sucker but I did get a picture of the trophy!

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #409 on: Mar 31, 2019, 02:25 PM »
Wow....that’s all I can say !

Caught 26 lake trout in a day and a half, and a pb cusk at 24 inches on the last weekend ! So fortunate to have such a great group of people to share the moment with...
It’s one of those things you can’t explain, but what a feeling to be on the fish !

ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #410 on: Mar 31, 2019, 06:22 PM »
3/31/2019

Wow, last day.....

Made it to the boat launch at 7:30. Psycho and fam were already there moving houses around getting them lined up, lightest to heaviest. Weather cooperated all morning and we were able to get 7 houses across the launch and onto trailers, tied down and taken home in short time.

Big thanks to all that were there, it always makes for a great time and a much easier event to a daunting task we really don't want to do. It was easy peasy as they would say. No issues, no problems and lots of laughs.

Psycho on the last day likes to take a plunge near shore in the water, like a polar plunge type of thing. The launch ice held up! He couldn't go through but Psycho always manages to still get wet.

After all the houses were gone, Laker Taker, Tippin and I took our ride around the lake collecting blocks, trash etc...not too bad this year as compared to some. Unfortunately Ma Nature decided to rain and sleet during our ride but cant complain, she held off perfectly while we were loading the houses. Ice looks like crap but still plenty. Fog set in making it difficult to see and navigate.

I am surprised by how fast the season went. A blur in a wink or blink of an eye. I had a great time! Started ice fishing the day after Thanksgiving and only missed 2 days during the 2019 season. One was due to work travel and the other was to give the ice (water) a chance to freeze up.
Goal was to get more time this season on the ice but still my numbers were way down, 42 lakers for the season. Biggest was 31" (no weight). CH with 14 and biggest was 21". Spent more time cusk fishing and didn't have any of those big number days like Tippin got to experience as we have in the past. I remember when they lit up for me last season and i could hear the frustration on Tippin's voice although he was happy for me. He definitely deserved and earned it. He's put in his time.  :flex:
Remember Butterfly kicking the guys butts and having a great season. Ladybug bringing up a couple of nice ones all by herself. The ladies are no joke and Of course Laker Taker ended his season with 82 lakers and biggest @ 29.5"

We got to bounce around more this season and some got to explore new fishing grounds.
Always funny moments on the radio, made friends and strengthen ties, some lessons learned, saws some interesting things work for catching lakers, saw some things that didn't, witnessed an "ice fisher boy" become and "ice fisherman" this season branching off and doing his own thing the way he was taught good skills, learned some new ice cooking recipes and some new ice fishing "words of wisdom" that i hope to never have to use. There were some bad or hard moments but those turned out to be good learning lessons. Got some video footage to work on and relive.

All I know is, Jack Frost must of been super nice to Ma Nature  :-* we had some great ice this season. Thanks Jack!
Thank you to everyone for a great season, it is always way more fun doing this together. Thanks to all that contributed to and / or visited this thread! I hope you liked it.

It'll take me some time to get re-adjusted to not waking up early on the weekends and slow down some. It is with bittersweet feelings that the Newfound Season has come to a close but realize there is much to do in order to get ready for next season. Time to start getting ready for 2020!

That concludes the Newfound Circus Season 2019, please drive through. 

Cheers!

Pictures and videos later.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #411 on: Mar 31, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Congrats on your 36 hours of slaying fish, Tippin!  :bow:

Excellent report and summary of the Circus season, JIGGIN.
Thanks for keeping this annual thread alive!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #412 on: Mar 31, 2019, 07:55 PM »
Congrats on your 36 hours of slaying fish, Tippin!  :bow:

Excellent report and summary of the Circus season, JIGGIN.
Thanks for keeping this annual thread alive!

Couldn't agree more - on both counts..

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #413 on: Apr 01, 2019, 05:13 AM »
Jiggin, Best thread  on ice shanty year after year,thanks for keeping it going and letting others get a taste of your Newfound Lake experiences!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #414 on: Apr 01, 2019, 06:10 AM »
Congrats to you all that fished there this year on a successful and safe season  , my thoughts were with you guys yesterday morning as I emptied my truck and stowed my gear, the wind down.my way was howling all morning.
Thanks for the updates and entertainment, tight lines to all this summer,  see you all when old man winter returns.

Roc

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #415 on: Apr 01, 2019, 08:13 AM »
I didn't get out there more than once this year, but I am sure I speak for everyone in appreciation of you keeping up the thread Jiggin. Congrats to another great season you Circus folk! Look forward to seeing the videos too!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #416 on: Apr 01, 2019, 09:16 AM »
Prob be the last year for the circus posts for lack of interest. Like the rest of shanty its obsolete
Please take your negativity back from where you came,, posts like yours need to be obsolete.

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #417 on: Apr 01, 2019, 02:34 PM »
 ;D haters will hate, your recent posts seem to display that.. there’s always one.
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #418 on: Apr 01, 2019, 02:54 PM »
Please take your negativity back from where you came,, posts like yours need to be obsolete.

Guess he didn't like the answers he got to his question... The mass board is certainly a fitting place for him...

Great season of reports and stories from the circus, always great to keep up with whats going on. And much appreciation to those contributing.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #419 on: Apr 01, 2019, 04:53 PM »
Jiggin, if you're sad about becoming obsolete, feel free to give me a call. I'm willing to listen to your sniffles and sadness. Don't call Tippin; he's too happy about his banner weekend and doesn't care for your petty problems. (Way to go, Tippin!)

On that note, it was great to see everyone on Saturday and meet a few more people as well. I hope to have my portable out next year and spend a little more time out there.

Until then, it's back to the ponds.  :tipup:

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.