Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1685117 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Best Early Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #780 on: Dec 15, 2016, 07:39 PM »
I'm on the edge of the chair if I can get them at that price I'll buy 3 pair! One for my dad one for my brother and one for my friend.

might want to set up an account and put them into your cart ...then punch it @1201 am...for me their site is wonky at times loading pages etc .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #781 on: Dec 15, 2016, 08:11 PM »
might want to set up an account and put them into your cart ...then punch it @1201 am...for me their site is wonky at times loading pages etc .

Still don't see that sale listed anywhere

Offline El Matador

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #782 on: Dec 15, 2016, 09:25 PM »
Still don't see that sale listed anywhere
It's in their printed ad.  I realize there's a chance this deal won't be available online but they are advertising this price and there's nothing that says this will be in-store only.  The flyer does say that some deals are only available in stores so I'm hoping that's not the case.  Some of the items in the flyer specifically say "available in stores only" and the Striker bibs do not say that.  It also says colors may vary, so I guess if you order the jacket you might get red, black, or blue on the shoulders.  I can't figure out why they would specify colors varying if this deal were in-store only.  I guess we shall see!

Offline Doorman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #783 on: Dec 15, 2016, 09:47 PM »
These are available now on Amazon sold by sportsman guide.  Just ordered a jacket for girlfriend. Great deal

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #784 on: Dec 15, 2016, 09:49 PM »
I've re-read a couple times.  Which store is having a sale on Striker gear tomorrow? 25%?

Offline Doorman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #785 on: Dec 15, 2016, 10:04 PM »
Sportsman Gudie.

Offline El Matador

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #786 on: Dec 15, 2016, 11:05 PM »
I've re-read a couple times.  Which store is having a sale on Striker gear tomorrow? 25%?
The sale that starts tomorrow is at Sportsman's Warehouse.  $100 off the Striker Nomad bibs or jacket ($179 regular price, $79 sale price).  There's a link in my earlier post.  I checked their current flyer and all the prices listed are valid on the website, so I'm pretty sure these will be available online.  I don't know about shipping charges but there's a special tomorrow on shipping - $5 for 2-day shipping on orders over $100.  The shipping deal ends tomorrow and the deal on Striker bibs goes through the 21st if they last that long.

These are the Lake Effect Nomad bibs and jacket which have the same fabrics, colors, and insulation as the Predator line.  They don't have all the features of the Predator which is why they retail for $20 less (snaps instead of magnetic flap closures, etc.).  Gander Mtn had a similar deal a while ago on the Lake Effect Heat Sink bibs (same fabric and insulation as the Hardwater) and they sold out within a few hours.

All I see on Sportsman's Guide are the Guardian bibs and jacket for $129, regular $159. 

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #787 on: Dec 16, 2016, 12:08 AM »
I'm not seeing this sale price on the Sportsman's Warehouse website for the Striker bibs or jacket...

It's now Friday morning!

Looks like I stayed up and drank whiskey for nothing, darn it.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #788 on: Dec 16, 2016, 01:13 AM »
It shows up for me striker bibs sale 79.99

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #789 on: Dec 16, 2016, 01:57 AM »
Cabela's Trans Alaska lll's on sale for $170, normally $220.  Warmest boots I've found.

Offline wyomingchad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #790 on: Dec 16, 2016, 02:33 AM »
Ordered me a set (coat and jacket) for $175 including shipping and taxes. Great deal. Can't pick the jacket color so we'll see what shows up. Anyone know the differences in the Nomad and Predator besides snaps instead of magnets and the towel patches?

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #791 on: Dec 16, 2016, 05:31 AM »
Just ordered Cabela's Trans Alaska III boots for 164.99 plus free shipping.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #792 on: Dec 16, 2016, 05:34 AM »
Ordered me a set (coat and jacket) for $175 including shipping and taxes. Great deal. Can't pick the jacket color so we'll see what shows up. Anyone know the differences in the Nomad and Predator besides snaps instead of magnets and the towel patches?

http://www.strikerice.com/faqs

What is the difference between the Lake Effect models and the Striker Ice models?

There are many similarities between these styles but there are also differences. Generally speaking, the Striker Ice styles are professional grade containing all available features. The Lake Effect Ice styles have numerous features that are slightly different, including slightly less flotation, snap flap closures instead of magnets, different linings, cut & sew differences, knee pad construction (women's), modifies cuff adjustment systems and other minor features. Refer to the comparison chart for more details.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #793 on: Dec 16, 2016, 06:11 AM »
I did not jump on the striker nomad it is a good price but only gets a u out of 10 cold rating going by the chart striker pit out a 7 is only good down to 0 degrees i deff will be in temps colder than that

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #794 on: Dec 16, 2016, 06:18 AM »
I did not jump on the striker nomad it is a good price but only gets a u out of 10 cold rating going by the chart striker pit out a 7 is only good down to 0 degrees i deff will be in temps colder than that

Plenty of room for layers ....Predator/Nomad ..flag fishing , running n gunning, active ...if you move less , bucket fish or tend to get cold Hardwater/Heat sink is for you ....Climate for best of both worlds .

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #795 on: Dec 16, 2016, 06:52 AM »
I see the sale price now on Sportsmans Warehouse.  That's a great deal, but I just bought the Climate Suit 2 weeks ago.  Hmmm. 

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #796 on: Dec 16, 2016, 07:28 AM »
Sportsman Warehouse Striker

Last night there were some 3XL bibs to order, had one in my cart.  At 6am this morning they were gone....only 2XL, XL and L left.  Darn it!!   I ordered the 2xl and will hold them to do an exchange.  I have some Mossi flotation snowmobile pants I have been wearing, don't have the waterproof knees.

Also ordered a GenieJar from Dicks, $15 free shipping. 
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #797 on: Dec 16, 2016, 08:50 AM »
cabelas has free ship, no minimum, today only.
code 6FREESHIP

Offline El Matador

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #799 on: Dec 16, 2016, 01:17 PM »
I stopped at the store and grabbed some of the Nomad bibs for my brother.  I compared them to the Predator while I was there and here's what I noticed:

Same material is used inside and out.
Nomad uses snaps on the storm flaps instead of magnets (Predator has snaps on the ends and magnets in the middle.  Hip pockets are snaps.)
Predator has a stretchy piece of material in the armpit area.  This is absent in the Nomad.
Predator has fleece lined pockets in the chest area, these are not present in the Nomad.
Both have the same type of adjustment for the hem, and both have the same gaiters inside. 
Predator has one small towel that snaps onto each hip pocket, Nomad has one large towel with a single snap inside one of the hip pockets.
Both feel to be about the same weight overall, same thickness, etc.
Nomad is black, Predator is gray.

That's all I noticed. 

They're also having a special today where you get $50 off orders over $270.  That'll cover shipping and then some if you're ordering a bunch of stuff.  I could not get the $5 shipping for orders over $100 to work this morning so I just went to the store for my bibs. 

Ice Surveyor, they must have started the sale at midnight Mountain Time or something.  I've noticed a few times a sale has ended before midnight, and then I realized I was shopping somewhere on Eastern Time.  I'm in the Mountain time zone and your post says 11:15 pm on the 15th.

Offline etower175

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #800 on: Dec 16, 2016, 06:09 PM »
I have the Cabela's Saskatchewan™ Pac Boots for well over 5 yrs now. These have gore-tex and i love them. There on sale as well $188.00. I just purchased a pair for my wife.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #802 on: Dec 19, 2016, 02:20 PM »
Guys and Gals, Sportsmans Guide is having one of their fairly rare Double Discount AND Free Shipping sales today for Buyers Club members.  For example:  An 8" ION delivered for $400.98.  That's hard to beat.  The Clam FishTrap X1 Thermal is clearanced at $442.98 delivered.  It's being discontinued, but that's a great buy for this XL one man shack.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline varmonter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #803 on: Dec 19, 2016, 02:56 PM »
Few day ago i bought a hardwater jacket at gander
186 shipped.coupon code "holly" gets you 15%.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #804 on: Dec 19, 2016, 03:22 PM »
Few day ago i bought a hardwater jacket at gander
186 shipped.coupon code "holly" gets you 15%.

It's 20% today, use promo code "gifts20"

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #805 on: Dec 20, 2016, 06:41 AM »
today cabelas has 10% off and free shipping with cabelas card

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #806 on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:16 AM »
http://www.opticsplanet.com/sportlock-diamondlock-takedown-shotgun-case.html

My local bait shop has these on clearance for $39.99.  Perfect size case for 3 or 4 combos.  The latches are metal but I think they will gum up if they get any snow/ice in them.  I'm willing to deal with that as this case is perfect in every other way.  Holds rods tight and perfect size. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline jstdreamin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #807 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:08 AM »
Worthington 4.5 lb/1 gallon propane tank $41.97
11 lb/2.6 gallon propane tank $52.47
campingworld.com
$20-$30 less than I've seen anywhere else.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #808 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:30 AM »
Worthington 4.5 lb/1 gallon propane tank $41.97
11 lb/2.6 gallon propane tank $52.47
campingworld.com
$20-$30 less than I've seen anywhere else.

That's a great deal, but the money you save after buying the tank is even better!!!

<°)))>{

Offline Salmonquest

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I once killed a gopher with a stick"
« Reply #809 on: Dec 20, 2016, 12:20 PM »
Gander mountain has $20 off a $100 right now. Got the frabill i3 bibs for 116 out the door.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.