Author Topic: Finicky Fish Factory Box Trap  (Read 24657 times)

Offline Liter Of Cola

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Finicky Fish Factory Box Trap
« Reply #30 on: Dec 30, 2010, 12:06 PM »
Was just at Old Town Trading Post.  They had 6 new in box.  $119.95 each.  They're sweet, and I'd love to have one, but that much is a bit much for me.

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:36 PM »
These have actually been around for a few years.
TEAR'N UP THAT ICE!!

Offline clintdriscoll

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 19, 2011, 04:19 PM »
I have several Finicky fish factory's for sale.  I sell them on craigslist in appleton/neenah Wisconsin.  They are new in the box $90 plus shipping.  Shipping is $20 ups or $15 Speede or you can pick them up.  Call me if interested or shoot me an email.  [email protected]  9204194517

Offline Budzer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 26, 2011, 02:26 PM »

Because I regularly ice fish a lake that has very high potential of an Illinois record Muskie and Walleye I figured out a way to use a rod and reel with these HEATED AUTO JIGGING tipups. You can see the video showing the set up and full operation by going here:

When I was younger I landed a 40" 18 1/2 lb. Pike by hand on a tip up and it is very tense and has a high potential of losing the fish without the give of a rod and drag of a reel. Now I am looking forward to hooking a giant with this set up. So far 2 days with 2 setups both rigged with 10" plus herring and still waiting for first monster. I just hope someone else is close by to use my camera to video it so I can share the moment. Lance.

Offline Lance Yates

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:27 PM »
SORRY USE THIS TO SEE VIDEO:

Offline Maine Gui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 18, 2014, 07:07 PM »
 :-\ I know this is an old posted topic. I'm new to this forum, so I'm not even sure it will be seen as an updated "reply" or post. I have just acquired some Finicky Fish Factory traps and would like some advice from anyone that has them.
What is the best way to set trip for jigging arm? small bobber? or???
What is the best way to bank the trap... all four sides? What is the best setting for back side vent for burning oil lamp? or candle in glass cup, which apparently I've been told some use? Any advice or instructions how these best work, would be helpful. O primarily fish for trout, salmon and togue (lake trout).

Offline benson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2014, 12:07 PM »
pack snow around the box. you don't have to vent.     I use a slip knot. little bobber will work. the 30sec delay works the best.

Offline Kevin in maine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 24, 2014, 07:31 AM »
If that thing went off around me I would get on my sled and run it over to make it stop. That is just ridiculous. 

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Oct 15, 2014, 10:07 PM »
and anything w/ electronic jigging i believe is illegal in maine. read it in the regs somewhere.

Offline benson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 16, 2015, 05:59 AM »
and anything w/ electronic jigging i believe is illegal in maine. read it in the regs somewhere.

nope. many game wardens seen my boxes out fishing. :P ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.