Author Topic: Passaic River Pike  (Read 22157 times)

Offline Doitnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Passaic River Pike
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2013, 07:58 PM »
Here's some Passaic River history that might help those of you who fish the "darker" areas of the river. Whatever you do I hope you don't eat anything out of that place. And the homeless that are eating crabs, will pay a price for that. It pays to have a job and a place to live concerning your health as opposed to having to settle for shelters and food from a polluted body of water. Bring an extra lunch with you if you fish down there maybe you can give them something good to eat. Something that won't kill them.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/Polluted_Passaic_River_suffers_latest_in_history_of_setbacks.html?c=y&page=1
Most of your supermarket food is polluted with chemicals. Just take a look at a box of donuts,flour sugar and 20 other things a can't pronounce. What about cola it's eating up the calcium in your joints (osteoporosis). If your not catching,killing or growing your own your eating chemicals.

Offline mapuzio123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2013, 10:30 PM »
Evil tom let me know if u got my message

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 03, 2013, 05:40 AM »
Most of your supermarket food is polluted with chemicals. Just take a look at a box of donuts,flour sugar and 20 other things a can't pronounce. What about cola it's eating up the calcium in your joints (osteoporosis). If your not catching,killing or growing your own your eating chemicals.

You are really comparing super market food to the Passaic river? Wow, that's what I thought! While you are at it why not just add the air you breath? I'm certain you can find things like acid rain, carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons,  sulphur dioxide, nitrogen & nitrogen oxide.

How about alcohol, or aspirin? Better yet fishing on thin or dangerous ice! LMAO

So I take it that you only eat natural healthy food not from the supermarket and therefore the conclusion is that you then NEVER fish the Passaic river because of all of its' pollution.

Here's 2 methods to help remove the toxins from your body. I'd guess you already employ these methods!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/389524-the-exercises-that-remove-toxins-from-the-body/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/148178-how-to-remove-toxins-from-your-body-naturally/

The body is an amazing machine, when you actually give it what it needs to run smoothly. The human heart beats for example, on average, about 100,000 times per day. When you add to much of any additive it will then likely cause the body to break down and begin to cease to function properly. That's why when you get older it's wise to indulge less in foods with to much sugar. That's why smoking begins to kill you, since you start with less and require more as you continue to smoke. You progress from "x" amount of cigs/day to 2 packs plus/day. This is just common sense stuff and it's the reason why the FDA allows so called "safe levels" of certain toxins that "preserve" food for consumption.

How about a little intellectual research next time to add something more concrete or valuable to the conversation? Since this one appears to be more an emotional reaction rather than an intellectual one.

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2013, 06:05 AM »
I would never eat anything that came out of that river. I remember a few years ago while carp fishing some polish folk that had him and his family there fishing for carp. When i would catch one they would offer a beer for the fish. I would toss the fish back all the time but decided to give them one. I asked how to you get all the crap out of the fish. The wife of the man fishing brought them carp to the side showed me how she fillets it and says they fill up the bath tub and that gets all the black stuff out , they left after catching a few more fish. Funny..... they were never to be seen again  :(
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Jesus walked on water...once I do it every year
« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:53 AM »
Wow we went from talking about p river pike to what you should and shouldn't eat and or do.

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2013, 12:49 PM »
Wow we went from talking about p river pike to what you should and shouldn't eat and or do.

Are you suggesting more legislation? LMAO

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2013, 01:27 PM »
Are you suggesting more legislation? LMAO
Why the LMAO when more legislation wasn't mentioned except by you all season?

Offline Fishndude75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Passaic river today.Me and ice mark.
I live life one fish at a time!

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2013, 06:23 PM »
Nice fish guys.Were they the only ones you guys got.Some people might get upset there is a lot of background in the pictures.

Offline Fishndude75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2013, 06:51 PM »
They were the only ones we landed,Missed a few others

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Mar 03, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Nice Pike.  ;D

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #41 on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:21 PM »
Nice fish guys.Were they the only ones you guys got.Some people might get upset there is a lot of background in the pictures.
I see Rutts Hutt in the background.

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:44 PM »
wrong
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Mar 04, 2013, 03:48 PM »
Nice fish! At least you got something. I had no action of any kind where I fished. Way up river from you guys on the border of Essex & Morris County. I know that's a big area but in E. Hanover close to one of the stocking points. I fished about 3 hours and it was a scouting trip too!

Offline Fishndude75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Mar 04, 2013, 04:14 PM »
This is one of four I got today.we were up river by rt 46 in Fairfield and I lost a nice one there yesterday.we did better down river.

Offline Itsallaboutcatchingem

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Mar 04, 2013, 04:26 PM »
Outstanding.  Great catch.  I might be heading over there this week.  Again, great.
No, it's your turn!

Offline chrisk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #46 on: Mar 05, 2013, 07:22 AM »

Offline beartracks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Mar 05, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Real nice fish! What are the pike hitting on this time of year? I am guessing large shiners.

Offline pickerelpete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Mar 06, 2013, 06:49 AM »
Great use of this chatboard.  Information sharing leading to some outstanding catches.  Thanks for sharing the photos of your pike and I am sure you will see more fisherman trying to catch these fish including myself. 

Offline Dennis53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:23 PM »
I  lived in Wayne near Two bridges  there was a guy who  would guide people in the area of RT.80 bridge and would cast huge spinner baits and man did he catch fish they are there he would fish from a jon boat good luck

Offline oldman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:30 PM »
Great use of this chatboard.  Information sharing leading to some outstanding catches.  Thanks for sharing the photos of your pike and I am sure you will see more fisherman trying to catch these fish including myself.

I second that.
"Izaak believed that fish could hear; if they can, then their vocabulary must be full of strange oaths, for all anglers are not patient men." --Izaak Walton, The Compleat Angler

Offline KneeDeepSteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Mar 07, 2013, 07:21 AM »
That's a good thing, more guys in your spots? Hope you like company.

Offline Fishndude75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Mar 07, 2013, 03:08 PM »
If somebody wants to examin a pic of mine and find that spot more power to them,I don't mind.I have tons of great spots and I do allot of scouting allong my travels.I get to go fishing probably allot more than most.I am not a selfish person and as I have said before in another post.I not only enjoy catching fish and I catch allot of them,I enjoy when other fellow fisherman do well to.But maybe one of the reasons I allways do so well and allways have great places to go is because I share information with other guys and maybe that's why I allways seem to get great information given to me.Hmmmm interesting.

Offline KneeDeepSteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Mar 07, 2013, 04:11 PM »
If somebody wants to examin a pic of mine and find that spot more power to them,I don't mind.I have tons of great spots and I do allot of scouting allong my travels.I get to go fishing probably allot more than most.I am not a selfish person and as I have said before in another post.I not only enjoy catching fish and I catch allot of them,I enjoy when other fellow fisherman do well to.But maybe one of the reasons I allways do so well and allways have great places to go is because I share information with other guys and maybe that's why I allways seem to get great information given to me.Hmmmm interesting.
People like you fail to understand how many people read these reports and how many of those people do not contribute and just search for information like specific places to fish(yes they look at backgrounds in photos). None of these people care how much time you invested in finding those spots and care less if they destroy them. They are just looking for a free lunch. I share loads of information to other fisherman but to name spots on the internet or show pictures that people recognize is just crazy. At the time I am writing this post 1,074 views have already been recorded on this thread ALONE. The most beneficial thing you can do for another fisherman is show them "how" you are being successful. Explain to them the techniques you are using, what kind of structure you are fishing and also how the fish behave in certain conditions. You don't need to give people GPS cordinates. This site doesn't even get the amount of traffic that other sites get and you still have over a thousand people seeing the pic you posted.(prob not a thousand because of multiple posts but you get the point). Again I am not a selfish person either but I also don't need the spots I enjoy fishing getting over run with the white bucket brigade. I am sure you mean well fishndude and I also enjoy watching people I bring fishing catch fish more than when I do.

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Mar 07, 2013, 04:20 PM »
 :-\ ........
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Mar 07, 2013, 06:40 PM »
Fishndude can't agree with you more.Ive never seen so many people cry so much about pictures and people telling people where their fishing spots are.What is the big deal if you want to tell people?I was wondering what would happen if I met someone on shanty and went ice fishing with them.I guess not much.Nobody would take you to any of their spots they would be too worried you will ruin them.To everyone worried about your spots getting ruined really,that's what you worry about....LMAO The passaic river is a pretty big river I think there is enough room for 1074 people.Keep smashing the pike Fishndude hopefully we'll meet on the passaic one day.

Offline oldman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Mar 07, 2013, 06:59 PM »
The passaic river is a pretty big river I think there is enough room for 1074 people.Keep smashing the pike Fishndude hopefully we'll meet on the passaic one day.

Yeh, it's not like it's some little 5 acre honey hole that no one knows about...
"Izaak believed that fish could hear; if they can, then their vocabulary must be full of strange oaths, for all anglers are not patient men." --Izaak Walton, The Compleat Angler

Offline beartracks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Mar 07, 2013, 07:39 PM »
It's great to share information, I am all for it, though there are guys out there that want to know everything about your spots, but when it comes to them giving you information about their fishing holes they are tight lipped. It cannot be one sided. I have experienced this for myself. You have to choose your fishing buddies that you want to share your info with, and those that will share with you.

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:35 PM »
x2. i will only bring people that i can trust that wont go out and go tell everyone the location and spots we were fishing. I have my fishing buds who are not just that who are my good friends as well. i met many great people on this site and other sites as well who have giving me more then enough info which made me a better fisherman. besides that , the whole picture thing. Who cares about backround. How is the person gonna know the exact backround that your picture is in. Obviously if they know then they have been there before.
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Offline mapuzio123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Mar 07, 2013, 10:32 PM »
I thought this website was about ice fishing. I cant agree more with kneedeepsteve. It hits the back of my woods when a bunch of guys sitting by their computers instead of fishing, ruin spots for locals,  just want to say my two cents . Don't take pictures with s**t exposed. I fish the river every day, but like kneedeesteve said, alot of  people will see ur picks  and find ur spots.  When they find them, they'll  ruin them.  Everyone sees the sh**t that you post. Thank you, internet, for ruining my best spots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.