The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Willow Creek Reservoir-Augusta  (Read 1846 times)

Offline cruzin4abruzin

• IceShanty Rookie
Willow Creek Reservoir-Augusta
« on: Jan 21, 2010, 09:32 AM »
Anyone going to the tournament on Jan 30th that's willing to give any helpful hints to help out a first time contestant?? ???

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Willow Creek Reservoir-Augusta
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Cruzin4abruzin,
Bring black berry brandy to keep warm and have plenty of stakes for the shanty!  The wind up there can be over bearing to say the least....maggots and "fresh" dead minnows.  I get mine from Robert's in GF or where ever you can; I keep a tank from left overs in the garage.  Scope out a dozen or so and keep'em in a small zip lock for the next day :tipup:
Z

Anyone going to the tournament on Jan 30th that's willing to give any helpful hints to help out a first time contestant?? ???
TED NUGENT for PRESIDENT!

Offline cruzin4abruzin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2010, 09:17 PM »
Thanks for the information really do appreciate it a lot. Was beginning to think I wasn't going to get any responce from anyone. As for the black berry brandy :-X ummm I will stick to my tequila :whistle: :thumbsup: >:D
Mandy

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Cruzin4abruzin,
No worries, glad to help out!! Tequila is really good too! Not a bad idea to change up..lol I'll be working so I won't be able to make it this year :'(.... So good luck to ya.  Will be at Francis though!!  That's always a great time!!! :tipup: 
Z

Thanks for the information really do appreciate it a lot. Was beginning to think I wasn't going to get any responce from anyone. As for the black berry brandy :-X ummm I will stick to my tequila :whistle: :thumbsup: >:D
Mandy

Offline cruzin4abruzin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2010, 11:56 AM »
Well I am hoping to make Frances too this year! Right now working on figuring out what to do for a ice house for this weekend. Might just build me a poormans one but will see. Cant wait to go!!

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2010, 08:58 AM »
Know the feeling, them things are expensive!!  A buddy of mine uses his camo'd hunting blind; so if you know anyone with one of them they work well for keeping ya out of the wind.  For the tie downs just use some parachute cord tied off to some 2x4's.  Take the 18'' 2x4's with one hole drilled into the center, drop it into a ice hole and use as an anchor point.  Two or three of these works awesome.  We proved it ourselves one windy day up on Beaver Creek!  Good luck this weekend!! :tipup:
Z

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.