Author Topic: LED Cliplight.  (Read 1640 times)

trapperdirk

LED Cliplight.
« on: Dec 23, 2004, 05:30 PM »
I picked myself up a LED cliplight in clear from Walmart today and I must say I think it's gonna be worth it's weight in gold for fishing and hunting . No more fumbling around holding a flashlight and then only having one hand to work with . Be handy when working on cars too . Sure is going to be nice to fish later into the night without probs baiting and tying hooks and from what I've seen the best 20 bucks I've spent in awhile .A must have for those that like to fish at night .

TD

Offline slabby

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LED Cliplight.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2004, 05:35 PM »
You might want to get one that has red light also,I put reflective tape on the bobbers and and at night with the red light the bobber glows like a ball of fire,works well with just white light hitting the tape also,but I love them at night for all panfish.
Had a guy several years ago show me that and needless to say I was hooked!!
TIGHT LINES!
Slabby 8) 8) 8)
Born To Fish Forced To Work

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2004, 06:04 AM »
Great tip Slabby and thanks . I was talking to FB the other day and he has the red but didn't care for it that much but certain types of colours are not for all . I only have the white available here but would like to try the red as well .
Well I tried mine out last night and man oh man am I a happy camper . I always knew they were available but just never ever seen them in stores up here till Walmart came to town .  It has 3 bulbs that are guaranteed for ten years and that headband thing too . I think I'm gonna get myself a spare one too to keep in the truck . My dear mom is a great shopper when I get to do the choosing .  20 bucks well spent and the uses are limitless . I think this will be and absolute must have that I have been without for way too many years .
 Whoever else is still shopping for icefishing rigging pay heed .  You will be happy the first time you use it or have need of it I'm sure .The batteries apparently last longer too because the bulbs are LED .
Geesh , I'm starting to sound like a INFOMERCIAL . LOL     .

TD

Offline Brampton Mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2004, 06:30 AM »
 ???What make is it Traper & what kind of batteries does it take?? Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt and fish in heaven, then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!

trapperdirk

« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2004, 06:58 AM »
It takes 3 triple A's BM  and is made by Coghlans . Its in a green package at Walmart in fishing section . They carry two types but this is the LED one for 19.95 .Small but throws plenty of light and can be either clipped on the brim of hat or you can use the headband harness that comes with it .Super tool and asset and I hope it lasts without probs which I think it will . ;D I wish I would have had one for years .

TD

Offline PERCH_INC.

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE LITTLE ONES BACK
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2004, 11:13 AM »
The red light also works great for picking night crawlers!!
MONSTER PERCH RULE ! !  

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2004, 05:34 PM »
i have my trusty "Coghlan's LED Headlight" right next to me actually - i never go on the ice without it!

3 led's and one krypton, i love the thing...It has lasted me 3 years (which for me is amazing)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.