Author Topic: Making a trip to Waubay mid Feb.  (Read 2035 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
Making a trip to Waubay mid Feb.
« on: Jan 29, 2014, 04:57 PM »
Well guys I'm going to make the trip out there to try the ice fishing. I come out once a year pheasant hunting and have always heard about how good the ice fishing was. I'm looking for a good place to stay that is nice but also wont cost me an arm and a leg. Would you recommend a guide or is the lake pretty simple to pattern? I'm to get a map as soon as I can find one. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appericated.
 Thanks!
  Matt

Offline tornadochaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Making a trip to Waubay mid Feb.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:22 AM »
Plenty of lodging options in Webster and the surrounding area.  If your driving that far, I'd hire a guide for at least 1 day of your trip.  You'll be on fish that much faster, and be able to pick up a lot of info that should help you catch fish the rest of your trip.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2014, 09:07 AM »
Thanks for the info! I will start looking there already talked to cory at Waubay guide service.
Thanks
Matt

quote author=tornadochaser link=topic=281565.msg2919992#msg2919992 date=1391091761]
Plenty of lodging options in Webster and the surrounding area.  If your driving that far, I'd hire a guide for at least 1 day of your trip.  You'll be on fish that much faster, and be able to pick up a lot of info that should help you catch fish the rest of your trip.
[/quote]

Offline tornadochaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2014, 11:47 AM »
Cory would be a great choice.  I have friends that fish with his service every year and they consistently catch quality fish when others around them struggle. 

Offline boof

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2014, 12:40 PM »
I'm also planning on making it up to Webster on President's Day weekend. Hoping to get on Reetz, Minnewasta and Waubay while I'm up there. Good luck to you, let me know if you are up there the same weekend.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2014, 01:57 PM »
Will do. Trying to get busy schedules to match is being a bit challengeing.

I'm also planning on making it up to Webster on President's Day weekend. Hoping to get on Reetz, Minnewasta and Waubay while I'm up there. Good luck to you, let me know if you are up there the same weekend.

Offline spook_bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2014, 02:47 PM »
We will also be up presidents weekend, keep in touch maybe we can trade stories, we plan on hitting bitter unless we here a better idea :tipup:

Offline boof

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:43 PM »
We will also be up presidents weekend, keep in touch maybe we can trade stories, we plan on hitting bitter unless we here a better idea :tipup:

Definitely keep in touch. I will for sure be up there the 22-23 but we are still unsure about the 15-17.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2014, 06:46 PM »
I'm thinking more like 4 days of fishing. Its a 8hrs 45 min drive for me. I wish it was closer then I would just do a week end trip.

Offline duckhunter125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2014, 12:59 PM »
Fishing was slow this weekend up here. Under high pressure yet again. I am hope temps will rise and we can get out of this cycle.
Team Haviner Outdoors

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.