Author Topic: Lakes in the hills  (Read 1783 times)

Offline 307fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Lakes in the hills
« on: Feb 03, 2013, 10:58 PM »
Has anyone fished any of the lakes in the hills such as deerfield lately?
Gone Fishin?

Offline muskie9

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lakes in the hills
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:48 PM »
any reports for the hills? everything is just east river now...
but I heard that Deerfield was pretty good in the Gold Run area in 30 feet for Perch, Brookies, and Rainbows.  Try to fish about 100 yards away from the big ol group of shacks that seems to fish in the middle of the bay. You will get much more fish if u r away from the crowd a little bit.

Offline 307fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Thanks for the info and tips!
Gone Fishin?

Offline KingCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2013, 10:40 AM »
i haven't been out a lot lately, will be out on Sunday, likely hit Sheridan. Sounds like Deerfield is going real well, though, just a little too far for me to go with a tight schedule.

Offline jbuss79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2013, 10:47 AM »
Between being out of town, coaching 2 basketball teams, and teaching a class, I haven't fished in over a week. Probably why I've been so pissy the past couple of days. Anyway, what have I missed? How's the ice with the warmer weather? I had my first close call the last time I went out. Seems as though there must be a spring under a spot at Center Lake. Walked all day over a good chunk of the lake. Steeped down and it was soft. Real soft. Soft as in my foot was in about 3" of water on top of some "slush". Backed up and got to a safe spot. When I left I made my way up above that spot on the shore and there was about a 4' diameter hole that was open with what was obviously wet, slushy snow around it for maybe 10'. Got my attention for sure.

Offline BlackHillsIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Center Lake gave me the creeps last year.  Super clear 8-10" ice but too noisy for my taste.  I just couldn't get comfortable.  Deerfield, Sylvan, Stockade, Bismark, and Legion are my favs.  I am in RC and think they are worth the drive.  We hit Deer Weds and caught some smaller trout at 15' and decent crappie in 40' by the dam.  The bonus of Deerfield is 12" of ice you can drive on.

Scott

Offline tehwarrior50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2013, 06:47 AM »
Got some nice weather this weekend.
Where is everyone heading?

Offline jbuss79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:45 PM »
Fished Lakota today from 9-noon and got skunked. I mean flat skunked. Not one bite, not one fish, nada. It was nice out but that was about it. First time I've been shut out there in  long, long time. Ice was great except for all the noise it was making. Barometric pressure must have been up because the water was sitting really high in the hole. It would raise and lower noticeably when the ice would groan. Kind of cool but completely un-nerving. Fished two tip-ups with dead shiners on. One was at about 3 feet and one was at 15 feet. Jigged maggots and waxies. Bummed that my first outing in awhile wasn't more productive but it was still better than being at work or home doing chores.

Offline SoDakdick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2013, 12:58 PM »
Anyone know how the ice is on Sheridan? Its been a few weeks since i could get out.
Keep your stick on the ice we are all in this together.

Offline jbuss79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:12 PM »
Sheridan is good SoDakDick. I was out there for an hour and a half or so and it was 12" easy where I was. There were vehicles parked all over it. You should be fine especially since it's going to get and stay cold for a few days.

Offline Tannerl4949

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2013, 08:13 PM »
Has anyone gone up to deerfeild recently
Get out on the water and GO FISH!

Offline ajahrendt07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2013, 10:52 PM »
fished deerfield today. caught perch consistantly all day but all perch were small. Anyone else experiencing the same? Anyone catching any perch of nice size? Any reports or tips appreciated. PM me if you would like. Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.