Author Topic: 10" auger ugrade  (Read 1528 times)

Offline B.L.on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
10" auger ugrade
« on: Jan 30, 2011, 03:57 PM »
I am looking for a 10" auger upgrade for a strikemaster mag 2000. I have the 8" model and I am hoping that I can just switch out the auger part and have a 10" auger. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
WILL FISH ANYTIME THE BOSS LETS ME

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 10" auger ugrade
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2011, 06:13 PM »
This is a few days late but I would recommend the Eskimo shark. I have a jiffy myself but father in law has the Eskimo, when we go out the jiffy stays at home. It has great torque and is fast. I will have one but I am supporting his daughter and grand kids right now ;D ;)
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline kastmaster693

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:24 AM »
I am looking for a 10" auger upgrade for a strikemaster mag 2000. I have the 8" model and I am hoping that I can just switch out the auger part and have a 10" auger. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I also have a Mag 2k and decided to splurge on a Nils.  I understand that you want a 10" and those auger bits are available through Strikemaster and on Ebay.  For a while there I contemplated on replacing my 8" bit with a Lazer Mag or something but after reading excellent reviews on the Nils, I decided to get it since my hand auger was needing to be replaced anyway.  To hook up the Nils to the power head, I had to buy an adapter for it, which added an extra $40 to my cost.  The Mag 2k + Nils setup blew me away though by how fast it went through the 16"-18" of ice at Strawberry last weekend.  If you want to upgrade both your hand and power auger, the Nils + adapter is good path to take.

P.S.  There's a Lazer 224-10" on Ebay for 100+shipping.  You may want to check it out.

Offline B.L.on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Hey thanks for the info. I will check it out.
WILL FISH ANYTIME THE BOSS LETS ME

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.