Author Topic: Pineview  (Read 5864 times)

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pineview
« Reply #30 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:48 PM »
I agree with everything that has been said above, we always had our best luck moving around and looking for the schools.  Once we found them we would set up and could usually pull out a good number of crappie.  Most in the 8-10" range but we also caught some really nice ones 12-15".

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:10 PM »
You guys are getting me pumped! Thanks for all the pointers so far. Anyone use a camera at night, or is that not talked about? ;)  Merry Christmas Utah, Joe

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #32 on: Dec 20, 2011, 11:45 PM »
you know ive had a few different cameras (x took the 1st one but it was a xmas present for her anyways)and found my self more glued to the camera than my poles. the last one i purchased was a panning one from cabelas and i had nothing but probs with the dang thing. good thing i got the protection plan for it, cause they couldnt fix it and refunded me my $. i find my fish finder alot more productive and no cables to wind up. now if i could just figure everything out on it  :wacko: i found that alot of panfish crappie,perch and gills didnt mind it too much, but most the places i trout fish didnt want a thing to do with it except the berry them cuts would attack it. pretty cool thing to see. my first one had the perch shaped camera
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 21, 2011, 08:30 AM »
You guys are getting me pumped! Thanks for all the pointers so far. Anyone use a camera at night, or is that not talked about? ;)  Merry Christmas Utah, Joe

I just got a camera, i usually use a finder (old fishin buddy 1, 1st generation)...  i guess one day i'll get good at it, i have a heck of a time finding my lure!  >:(

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 21, 2011, 09:04 AM »
Get a camera compass or panner and use your flasher next to the camera. Once you get the right depth on the flasher, turn the camera to find jig. Works like a snap! Once you get past the frustration of camera set up, you will love it. Until you get to be a pro, try using a larger jig or depth weight to get zeroed in on the camera the first time. Tight lines, Joe

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Dec 21, 2011, 10:29 AM »
I just got a camera, i usually use a finder (old fishin buddy 1, 1st generation)...  i guess one day i'll get good at it, i have a heck of a time finding my lure!  >:(

it definately takes practice finding you rig. i would drop both to the bottom (when perch fishin) and spin the camera ever so slightly while slowly jigging my rig. then the trick is to keep the camera in place. they do sell tripod looking things that look like would hold it pretty good. this is the main reason i bought the panning one the 2nd time around and alot of good that did. ill just stick to the fish finder
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:19 PM »
thanks for the tips guys, how far away do you position the camera?  up at causey on saturday i kept putting it too close or to far.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 21, 2011, 05:43 PM »
thanks for the tips guys, how far away do you position the camera?  up at causey on saturday i kept putting it too close or to far.
3-6 ' for me. Perch don't seem to mind the camera as much as trout. Walleye don't seem as bothered as I thought they would be either. Have fun!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Dec 21, 2011, 07:33 PM »

i would say the same 3-6ft depending on water clarity
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 26, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Pineview is open for business, took about a dozen 10 inchers out there saturday morning.  Ice on the south side of cemetary points is 6+ inches, off the north side 3-4 inches and clear as glass, but cracks with every step!  meal worms on a pink or green shimpbo or ratso were the ticket.  i finally zerod in on the bigger ones with a jig too big for the little buggers.  the water level is crazy high i think, the area i normally fish was 25 feet last year and it was 44 on saturday.  Good luck!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Dec 26, 2011, 06:28 PM »
Nice report duneman, would've been at the view myself today had I not got another chance at a private hole. Good to see that them perchies are wantin to play  :icefish: just hope they'll give me some nibbles if I make it up there by thursdsay. If not gonna have to wait till next week. Tightlines
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Dec 26, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Pineview is open for business, took about a dozen 10 inchers out there saturday morning.  Ice on the south side of cemetary points is 6+ inches, off the north side 3-4 inches and clear as glass, but cracks with every step!  meal worms on a pink or green shimpbo or ratso were the ticket.  i finally zerod in on the bigger ones with a jig too big for the little buggers.  the water level is crazy high i think, the area i normally fish was 25 feet last year and it was 44 on saturday.  Good luck!

Music to my ears Duneman, thanks for the report. I think I'm heading there this Saturday morning, unless I see ice on Deer Creek before then.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #42 on: Dec 27, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Took a quick trip up to the view after work today. Well ok I split from work at noon was on the ice by 130. Plenty of ice around port ramp atleast 7-8in but just out from the docks it goes to about 4-5in and hardly any snow. Really slick stuff. Only managed 2 dink perch in the 4hrs I spent there, drilled holes from 22ft out as far as I dared go 42ft not much on the graph to speak of. There was a few other folks out today and they had no luck at all. This high water is really gonna spread the fish out this year. If you go up don't forget boot chains
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.