Author Topic: Pineview  (Read 5862 times)

Offline auger in

• IceShanty Rookie
Pineview
« on: Jan 08, 2011, 11:43 AM »
The Pine is being reported as having 7" of solid ice.  Loads of dink perch, but a few larger ones scattered in the catch.  Few Crappie being reported.
Gonna be a get together up at Pineview on Jan 29, if your interested in the place.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pineview
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2011, 01:50 AM »
keep us posted, might come down and get a Utah fix. grew up in holladay, miss big cottonwood canyon. Wyoming is not too bad though. less California prune pickers. ;D

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Fished pineview on Fri. lots of fish all day long crappie and perch.  Caught over 200 and buddy caught close to 100 ( he came after lunch) only had 20 keepers though.  Tons of dinky perch and dinky crappie.  Didnt seem to matter how deep, I tried to find bigger fish to no avail.
l

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2011, 05:54 PM »
Fished pineview on Fri. lots of fish all day long crappie and perch.  Caught over 200 and buddy caught close to 100 ( he came after lunch) only had 20 keepers though.  Tons of dinky perch and dinky crappie.  Didnt seem to matter how deep, I tried to find bigger fish to no avail.
thanks for the report.

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing - it's not just for breakfast anymore.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:17 AM »
Small fish about as fast as you can get dropped down again.  Great for kids, but I have to admit to having quite a good time myself.  We fished shallower than usual to facilitate release, but they seem to be as numerous shallow as they are deep, so it was no issue; I don't think we gave up much on the catch rate!  Ice is good w/ a couple inches of new wet snow on top...traction is perhaps just a bit too good if you have a heavy sled.  Only one fish realistically approached 8", the majority were closer to 7.
s.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2011, 06:47 AM »
sounds like a great place to take the kiddos..
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2011, 10:56 PM »
will ice be good saturday? too warm >:(

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2011, 09:46 PM »
spent the last three days on both sides of cemetery point. wow! if you have an underwater camera it is a must. always had 3-4 fish on the screen.

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Yep, no exaggeration.  I spent a few hours up there today.  I probably got over 50 crappies and 20 or so perch.  Too bad they were nearly all between 4 and 7 inches.   ???
s.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:49 PM »
how deep were you for crappie? my ratio was just opposite yours...four to one, mostly perch in 40 fow. fun :) :)

Offline sorenson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Mostly 42-48'; the ratio can easily be tipped toward crappie, it seems, if you keep your presentation 4-10' off the bottom.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2011, 11:25 AM »
I was told to fish in 45' of water, and that the crappie should be about 25'. never saw them on my flasher, only on bottom. if I was hole hopping, the crappie were usually the first fish out of every hole....leads me to believe that they are hungry or naturally more aggressive. fun fun :)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2011, 07:33 PM »
guys, just wondering if you think ice would be ok. this weekend? here in northern wyoming, we are having a heat wave. >:( hope this question is not too dumb. thanks, joe

Offline bighof

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • have you seen me walk on water????
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2011, 10:27 PM »
It should be fine.  We were up there a few days ago and there was plenty of solid ice.  It seems to say a little bit cooler up there.
l

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2011, 11:14 PM »
It should be fine.  We were up there a few days ago and there was plenty of solid ice.  It seems to say a little bit cooler up there.
thanks , might make a trip with the wife.

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2011, 01:09 PM »
i was there all day saturday and there was about 10 inches on the north side of cemetary, when driving away from the lake though it looked like farther out from the south side was getting a small pond, it's been warm though so be careful.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2011, 11:20 PM »
Any ice yet? If Willard has an inch, I would think Pineview is close!

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:29 AM »
i drove up there saturday and the flats to the east of anderson cove had solid ice, to the south of cemetary point it is moving out, but it's not across yet.  Considering last weekend there wasn't even a hint of ice, i'd say another week and we'll be knee deep in crappie and perch!  @)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 12, 2011, 09:29 AM »
Sounds great! Thanks Duneman 101. Knee deep! :o

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #19 on: Dec 14, 2011, 09:32 PM »
I went by there yesterday and there's still a bit of open water. In fact I was tempted to go home and get my boat looks like you could still launch at port ramp. JK I'm ready for the hard water. Bring on the slabs
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2011, 09:39 AM »
stepped out on pineview saturday, it's almost there, the lake isn't completly capped, but will be by christmas i am guessing.  south side of cemetary point on the beach walked out about 10 yards, drilled a hole and there was 3-4 inches, but it was only over about 5 fow walked another 10 yards, had cracks splittin in all directions like crazy.  drilled another hole, it was also about 3-4 inches couldn't see the bottom.  walked another 5 feet and had the whole ice sheet split and drift, i ran like a girl for the shore...  Pineview is almost on!

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:45 PM »
Thanks for the report duneman101. I cant wait to hit the view this year, for some crappie night fishing!!!!!!!!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Dec 19, 2011, 04:59 PM »
thx for the update duneman101 cant wait to start pullin some slabs
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Dec 19, 2011, 05:06 PM »

stepped out on pineview saturday, it's almost there, the lake isn't completly capped, but will be by christmas i am guessing.  south side of cemetary point on the beach walked out about 10 yards, drilled a hole and there was 3-4 inches, but it was only over about 5 fow walked another 10 yards, had cracks splittin in all directions like crazy.  drilled another hole, it was also about 3-4 inches couldn't see the bottom.  walked another 5 feet and had the whole ice sheet split and drift, i ran like a girl for the shore...  Pineview is almost on!

That took some major stones!

I would have turned and ran after the first "splittin' cracks" incident.  ;D

Thanks for the ice update.  :tipup:

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 20, 2011, 09:03 AM »
That took some major stones!

I would have turned and ran after the first "splittin' cracks" incident.  ;D

Thanks for the ice update.  :tipup:

I love PV for some reason, i am probably gonna be there Christmas eve with my kid and a couple friends, i usually fish north of cemetary if i can, but i don't know if the ice will be there yet.  gonna try runnin up wed or thurs to check it out.

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 20, 2011, 02:47 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Been waiting for Pineview to cap, had some great night trips catching crappie last year, can't wait to do it again.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 20, 2011, 03:54 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Been waiting for Pineview to cap, had some great night trips catching crappie last year, can't wait to do it again.
Do the crappie come in waves, or are you into them all night? Here in Wyoming I have a lake I would like to try for crappie, but wasn't sure it was worth the drive. Thanks in advance to all. Joe

Offline Duneman101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Do the crappie come in waves, or are you into them all night? Here in Wyoming I have a lake I would like to try for crappie, but wasn't sure it was worth the drive. Thanks in advance to all. Joe

I'd like to know to, because it turns out that all the crappie i caught last year were gills!  ::)

Offline icemanwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:45 PM »
I go out there for the night bite just about every sunday once its safe and if you do your homework and set up on top of them the bite is on for a good hour or so steady sometimes longer its awesome cause the vex is lit up like a christmas tree the whole time

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:59 PM »
i do agree you need to scout around a bit to find them. i had a spot last year that i fished most the winter got 8-11in crappie pretty consistant though out the day but when it got dark the toads would come in biggest was 15in, took me many trips to find the area. looked all over that area 3 weeks ago in the boat and nada. im sure the higher water level this year is going to make it a search mission all over again. but thats why its called fishin. thinking i might take a drive up there tomorrow to check it out, drill a few test holes  :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.