Author Topic: fish trap storage  (Read 2212 times)

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
fish trap storage
« on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:07 PM »
what do you guys do special to your fishtrap when you store them in the off season.  had a mouse nest in mine a couple years ago and spider nests this year.  cedar blocks are a thought i had to keep the musty odor down too.  any input would be great. thanks. :tipup:

Offline gunnar

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: fish trap storage
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2008, 01:36 PM »
Make sure they are completely dry (the line) and then I store them in a plastic container with a lid. They are then put in a humidity controlled basement. I have never had a problem in storing them this way. They come out the next season looking the same way I stored them, ready for ice.

Offline Tricounty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2008, 04:47 PM »
Either you go through the trouble of taking the poles out , or that's one hell of a ruber made container.
Looks like Chuck is taking the skinny boat to tuna town. "Pops"

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2008, 08:45 PM »
 I opened mine up in the garage for a couple of weeks to dry out and air out. Then I put the cover on it and hung it by the tow rope from a couple of hooks on the wall of my garage. It's about 8" off the floor and "HOPEFULLY" safe from the critters. New house this year so I don't know if the mice are even an issue here.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2008, 05:38 PM »
The crows nest!

You can see my voyager up there on the right. I have beefed up that shelf since I took this picture, I guess I worry too much. ;D You need a fairly high garage ceiling to pull this project off or you will be bumping your head allot. This shelf is 12' long and 4' deep. I have about $30 worth of lumber in it.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Good way of storing your equipment, I have a shed simular way of storing. No mice yet  :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 07:18 AM »
Skipper, my garage has similar areas in it, omly they aren't wide enough, only about 2 1/2 feet. Maybe I should modify them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.