Author Topic: best place for perch??  (Read 8592 times)

scottsdale383

best place for perch??
« on: Mar 06, 2005, 03:58 AM »
twin lakes or the diversion? how is the action? goin fishin for sure monday want to have a fish fry later that night! can you  giver out there in a 4x4? last year i drove out the div in my chev- how deep is the snow?

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: best place for perch??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2005, 06:32 AM »
Scottsdale should be great perching at either place but as far as driving a truck on the ice not a snowballs chance in h*ll :)

scottsdale383

« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2005, 12:47 PM »
that sucks! i was at twin lakes 2 years ago and drove out.
i got locked diffs, 35"s and 350 hp im gonna try and rip out there lol! 8)

Offline perch pounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poundin' those little guys
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Getting out there is not a problem . Getting  yourself unstuck and getting back in is the hard part  ;D

With this warm weather the snow will soften up and it will be even harder to move  :-\
What am I doing sitting in front of this computer ..............
I should be out fishing

Dan Wiens

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2005, 10:41 PM »
Another spot folks have been suggesting taking the kids is Hnausa north of Gimli.  The access is easy and the perch plentiful.  I don't recall comments about size, but numbers are supposed to be good.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

scottsdale383

« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2005, 07:09 PM »
tru gettin un stuck sucks on ice!

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2005, 08:18 PM »
reminds me of a few years ago.....my buddy came out with his high-powered dodge.....big tires.......my Suzuki rode up ontop of the late season hard snow cover.....and he sat there with the big mudders...S.S. SPINNING ;D ;D...what an embarrasement with me threatening to pull him off the Red!!!!......its quality...not quantity......Grump :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:04 AM »
Sooooo....Did ya give it a try Scottsdale ???  ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2005, 04:07 PM »
scottsdale....if those detroit lockers got you on and off the ice at delta, then i know some commercial fishermen that will get rid of their bombadiers and make you a rich man!!!!........Grump :roflmao:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2005, 06:41 PM »
Does not stand a chance unless it's a ford. :whistle: :whistle: :unsure:
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:14 PM »
OMG...In Big Walleye I have an ally. I have towed, tugged, boosted and peeded on sooooooooo many GMC/Chevy I can't even count. I even bought a brand spankey new GMC in '88....was in for warranty work more than it was on the road. Funniest part...when it was off warranty and I was actually paying for the lame ass machine to be on the road. I was paying for my rediculious bill and some suit comes out and starts explaining the advantages of have a "GM Visa" . Well...He opened the door so I gave him both barrels....I don't think he has ever delt with a fool with a hand full of of "Pink Papers" before...he just seemed to melt into the wall from which he came. Everyone has there favorite...FORD, GM, Dodge....face the facts...They all suck in there own way. Stuck ?? Shoot Me or Big Walleye a E-mail at...www.WishIhadaford likeuguys.com. :D :D

grumpymoe

« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:28 PM »
AC.....sure hope you can make it this weekend.....and if you need help....GM....aka as GM...(Grumpymoe) will be there to lend a helping hand...er...tow....Gru mp :whistle:

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:42 PM »
AC.....sure hope you can make it this weekend.....and if you need help....GM....aka as GM...(Grumpymoe) will be there to lend a helping hand...er...tow....Gru mp :whistle:
:D

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2005, 08:01 PM »
Don't worry Grump...I have a FORD....Always carry more than one shovel in the back. One to dig and the other to beat off GM's that offer to tug me out !!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline eyeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2005, 08:11 PM »
But the million dollar question is .................... How often have YOU USED one of those shovels :whistle: :whistle:  I Know of someone who pushed and shovelled a Ford ,  and watch nthe silly Guy just take another run at her only to get stuck even deeper in :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: 

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2005, 08:30 PM »
WAIT A MINUTE EYEGUYE !!!! ...Didn't I pay you at Gimili to never speak of that again ??? Duct Tape and Cable Ties coming your way very soon buddy !!!  ;D ;D

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2005, 08:32 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline eyeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2005, 09:03 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH H  YEAAAAAAAHHHHH!  That check that you paid me off with.................. ...........Boing , Boing , Boing!!!!!  Watch out or the Red River Fisher Hookset coming your way!  Can you say Power Wedgie!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2005, 09:06 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: AC I knew you and I had something in common. Listen buddy with your Ford you will have no problems. Don't waste a good shovel on a GMC it may rust. ;) ;) ;D  Hey little reel are you ready with your Ford shots buddy. For you that don't know little reel is my brother in law that is hesitate to join our elite group. d**n good fisherman but a man of little words. :woot: :woot: :woot:
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

fishguy1

« Reply #19 on: Mar 08, 2005, 10:57 PM »
i was out at twin 2 weeks ago and the snow wasn't that bad. and no slush. now that may have changed but i cannot see a problem getting out. the roads where plowed out onto the ice. if ac can make it from eom to goldeye creek in a ford. then i'm sure scottsdale wont even have to lock the hubs! the trick is not to slow down. but beware of cracks on the ice opening up and there are alot of pressure ridges. (ford bait) with the wheel base on acs truck by the time the front got to goldeye the back was leaving eom! lol

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 08, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Your right in alot of ways fishguy. With the little meltdown we had, possibly a good 4x4 might make it at Twin. The problem there has never been the amount of snow or slush but how hard it was packed. Once you broke though...your done ,didn't matter what nameplate was stamped on the front !!! EOM....your right....didn't even need 4x4...mini vans were out. I went off the trail to head for my fishing spot and sunk in the slush...hammered the throttle...head hitting the roof....just plowed though. When I left I made a trail 50 yards over and it was just like summer time. Roll the dice !!!!

Offline 2_sexy_4_my_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 09, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Too many Fords not enough tow straps   :whistle:

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2005, 07:16 AM »
FORDS rule!!!

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #23 on: Mar 09, 2005, 05:59 PM »
This post is certainly entertaining ;D
As a Z71 owner, I don't have to tell you where my loyalty is. ;D
A friend of mine said it best....."all vehicles are JUST mechanical machines that break down from time to time" AMEN :angel
The next debate could be Jiffy vs any other power auger ........boys sure like to brag about theirs being BETTER  ;D
So, take off the gloves and let's hear the rebuttals........I need a good chuckle since this nutsty weather is keeping here instead of on hardwater  >:(
Blue Igloo  :tipup:
PS Strange how this post changes your spelling of the word that starts with "s" and ends with "hitty"....Try it yourself   :woot:

scottsdale383

« Reply #24 on: Mar 09, 2005, 07:15 PM »
ya but fords are cheaper and it shows ! how many 72-87 chevys do you see compared to fords???? hmmmm i think i know the answer!

friends dont let friends drive ford!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.