Author Topic: Eskimo EVO2it Modifications  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Jasonslm

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo EVO2it Modifications
« on: Jan 12, 2019, 01:23 AM »
I pulled the trigger on the evo 2it. First thing I did was throw that piece of a table Eskimo calls into the fire! Then I made my own table! Mounted to a hinge! Next, that tent is so bulky when stored in the sled. Last thing I need to worry about is packing the sled with gear and it ruining the tent. So I made a protected storage bin...
I haven’t decided how to store the ice anchors yet. The soft pack Eskimo gives to store them works put I don’t wanna put little rubber caps on the ends of the anchors and sliding them into that soft pack when it’s Frickin freezing out.  Throw that piece in the fire as well! Here’s some pictures of what I did.
Keep an eye out for the poles wanting to poke threw the canvas. The 2nd time I had mine popped up(in the garage) the rear roof pole busted threw the renforced pole pocket. Eskimo would only send me some 12” patches to sew on. Awesome!! Threw them in the garbage, and bought a Speedy sticher to fix there sewing issues. Thanks Eskimo!

Offline Snipehunter57

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eskimo EVO2it Modifications
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2019, 09:05 AM »
I cut 1/2" sch 40 PVC tubes about 6" long  for storing my eskimo ice anchors in the soft pack. They fit tight in the loops and anchors cannot poke holes in the bottom of the pack. Don't need the rubber tips, drop anchors in and go ;D

Offline Smat64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2019, 09:19 AM »
You will love it once its setup on fish. Room, windows etc

I would suggest you drill the back frame supports so they don’t lift up and out of the sled. Put a pin in.

I also found marking your holes can be tricky. I have two straps, one from each corner, that aling at each hole. Each color twist tie marks a hole when both yellow ties on each strap match up it marks a hole. Like a triangle.

Fish On! zzzzzzzz

Offline Smat64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2019, 09:27 AM »

Fish On! zzzzzzzz

Offline Jasonslm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2019, 10:09 AM »
I like all them ideas! Not much on the internet about modifications to these houses.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2019, 10:47 AM »
Smat, What is the white PVC? Rod holders with a ruler?

Offline Smat64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2019, 08:20 PM »
Yup. Two hose clamps hold it on.

Just don’t  put the tent up or down with rods in there.

Put the tent down load em up and move. 
Fish On! zzzzzzzz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.