Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607930 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #7290 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:37 AM »
Good Morning all. 2 degrees this morning.
Eddie, you had a nice day to be on the ice. May have been a little cool in the morning. Do you travel the Northway or Rt 30 when going north?
Back to bowling tonight after 2 weeks off for the holidays. That should be fun.
Time to get the wife's meds ready.
Everyone enjoy what is left of the weekend...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7291 on: Jan 08, 2017, 08:26 AM »
 ;D Good morning all. Feeling much better this morning, think I'm finally shaking the flu bug. Gonna try some solid food this morning as I've done nothing but liquids for the past 2 days. Maybe if the Pack can get by the Giants this afternoon that's sure to make me feel better. Have a great day all. ;D
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7292 on: Jan 08, 2017, 08:51 AM »
Good Morning ER's  WW have a great trip on Red. UFCreel see your off to a great start and glad your still healing up good. For those with the Flu hope your getting over it like Iowapackfan is. Lot a people getting fish now with better temps keep on them. Still cold here catching a little warm up soon thought I'd check out the 3 Captain your right hard to fathom ( was this one of yours) it's working this well. Hope your treatments go well and praying for your full recovery. Have a great day to all.

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #7293 on: Jan 08, 2017, 10:23 AM »
Good morning ER's!! Just when we get good and cold to start making ice, we are to get temps in the upper 40's and lower 50's with rain!!  :%$#!: :cookoo: It's been a yo-yo winter down here this year!! I hope the rest of you are having a better winter! I see that parts of the east coast are getting or got a snowstorm. I hope that doesn't mess up your ice!! Have a great day everyone!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7294 on: Jan 08, 2017, 06:43 PM »

Good evening ER's,
                       I know that the game between the Packers and Giants isn't over but I want to congratulate  iowapackfan for the
                well played game! the Pack deserves the win, now I hope they go on to win the caboodle!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7295 on: Jan 08, 2017, 10:14 PM »
Got on the ice just before 8.  See where we were getting all the perch Friday had already been set up on.  Back pack worked pretty good, found one of the guys from Friday was there today also and said they did even better a little further out in a little deeper water and that in addition to another limit Saturday had gotten a keeper eye.  I opened up a couple holes near him and right off got a keeper eye.  Then two trout that he would take.  Think I hit a big trout and had it break the hook on my tougnston jig.  :blink: was pretty slow, for about everyone out there.  Seems Saturday the crowd was near 200.  Was guessed that half of them left with limits Saturday.  Sure didn't happen to day though.

We are now having temps into the 50 and 60, with winds from 20 to 90 in the foot hills  :cookoo: :%$#!: over the next few days, So I will put in some hours at the other store, and steer clear of the ice.  Hope what snow cover its got will keep it in place.  If we don't get some good runs of freezing temps it might just turn out to be a very short ice season on the local waters.

Packfan has to be feeling better.  Rodgers made the highlights with another Hail Mary pass.....again.....wit h not a lot of  room left at the back of the end zone.....I almost fell out of my chair.  :flex: :clap: :bow: To bad for the injuries to Nelson.  ;) :nono: that was a nasty helmet to the ribs.

Well almost pillow time.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7296 on: Jan 09, 2017, 03:09 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's a balmy -12.3* here on my hill at this time. MW and I are heading to our big lake to check
               out some bays that froze Friday, we're taking our gear just in case!
                        Bud......I'm glad you got out again and caught some fish. How big is the pond you were fishing,
               200 people out isn't a lot unless it's a three acre pond! ::)
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #7297 on: Jan 09, 2017, 03:12 AM »
Let me know what you find.     Im.still at work till 7.   Then off to bed
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #7298 on: Jan 09, 2017, 03:31 AM »
Good Monday Morning Jeff, Combsey, Morning Everyone,
Clear and 0*  on the Hill this am, high of 20 expected today. Had high hopes of getting the last two hours of daylight fishing yesterday, but high winds with snow came through about 2pm and put a stop to that...so it goes!
Jeff...good luck to you and MW on your recon this am, hope you can get on some fish able ice in the bays!! The temps are great for making ice there...have a great day!
Bud...congrats on a good weekend of fishing!   :thumbsup:
Mike...hope the thermometer starts going down your way soon....we had that weather here last year as well, best wishes on some ice soon.
Capt...hoping the first treatment goes well today for you Sir... :thumbsup:
Wally...best of luck today, hope the road trip was problem free! 
Iowa...congrats on the thumping the Pack gave the Giants, continued success, hope you're feeling better today!
H2....I run up the Northway for LG, or Schroon....but for Sacandaga I'd go 30. How was the bowling last night?
Marv...hope you're coming around from that bug today...good luck if getting out in the spear shack today!

Was shooting the breeze with my fishing buddy Saturday about how fast the time burns by when you're out on the lake and how slow it goes by when you're earning a paycheck all week....retirement is still a few years off, guess all I can hope for is a quick week at the job for now! Will keep my mind occupied with the sight of a laker on my graph rocketing up out of the depths! 
Back to cleaning granite this morning...Doh!   ;D
Cawfee's on....congrats to all the Pack fans!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7299 on: Jan 09, 2017, 04:45 AM »
Jeff: That body of water is Aurora Reservoir, the cove that had the fishable ice amounted to about 20 acres.  The main part has a depth of 90 feet +/- Rare to have the deep water cap.  If it does, only about 1-1.5" at best.
Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7300 on: Jan 09, 2017, 05:27 AM »
Good Morning, Mr. & Mrs. & Ms. Everyone - Been a while since I was on 'Dawn Patrol'

We got about 6-1/2 in. of snow, some other places reported up to 9 in. - Temps. start in the teens then go up to just below freezing, by Wed. we should see close to 50 Deg. with
     rain, at least that is what to weather dude said

Mrs. W.W. - Have a good trip fishing, catch 'em up, tight lines

Mason - Look at it this way, when you retire, fishing is your next favorite full time job

I.W.-Mwrm - Good luck with the recon. - find a good one

Sailor - Any ponds immediately local to me for fishing only had a skim coat at best on it

O.G. - No, the '3' was not one of mine, just the word play, glad it is working good for you

I.F.F. - 200 on 20 sounds a little tight

Time to finish prep. for the first radiation treatment today - light breakfast, cleanout, bottle of water, loose fitting clothes - yep, I'm good
     More later

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Tight Lines
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7301 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:27 AM »
Morning folks.chilly here this am had -14 now up to - 11 with no wind at all.waiting for the kids buss rite now it's 30 min late another 10 min I'm gonna have to bring the kids in.as IW said doing a recon mission today on lake george.
Eddie happy monday hope the week flyer by for you.
WW hope u have a great time  out west.
Combsey enjoy the nap
Capt. Good luck with the treatment today.sounds like u made the rite move walking away from the tile job
IFF wierd temps u have Hope the weather changes to keep u on some good ice.
Iowapack fan congrats on the Packers win the giants never even showed up
Deal ninja those steelers looked good was a great game except I heard a rumor big Ben injured his ankle second to last play hope he is good by next sunday.
Well still no bus looks like I will have to bring the kids into school

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7302 on: Jan 09, 2017, 01:46 PM »
 ;D ;D Good morning everyone. How bout them Packers!! ;D ;D Big time win. Cowgirls going down next Sunday. Still have a touch of the flu bug (no appetite) but managed to drag myself to work last night. Work tonite and tomorrow nite and then done for the week so hopefully I'll be feeling good enough to get in some more fishing this weekend. Have a great day all! :tipup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7303 on: Jan 10, 2017, 03:30 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                  iowa.........Your team did good, at first in the first half I thought it was going to be a nail biter, but then the Pack
            ran away with in in the second half! Congrats! :clap: I hope they go all the way!
                  Yesterdays recon mission resulted in some questionable ice, hope to get out on the ice today!
                  I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7304 on: Jan 10, 2017, 03:45 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
5* and fairly calm this am, high of 30 expected today, possible nuisance snow coming this afternoon...1-3" maybe.
Jeff...good luck today, be safe out there!   :thumbsup:
Iowa...best wishes to you and Marv both fighting that bug...good luck with the Cowboys and the fishing!   :thumbsup:
MW...sounds like the buses wouldn't start yesterday because of the cold temps?
Capt...how did the first treatment go for you? Best wishes today.... :thumbsup:
Bud...never did fish Aurora Res. when I was out there....sounds like a winner though! I'd love to be able to fish Granby or Dillon this weekend....wish they weren't 2,000 miles away!!   ;D
Wally...hope your's and Mr. Wally's arms are aching from reeling so many in on that trip! Looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:

One small rant this morning.....In NY, when we buy bait (minnows), we are issued a receipt with the date and the amount/type of minnows purchased. The bait is only good for 10 days, in other words, your receipt for that bait is expired on the 11th day....now sitting on about 3 dozen mixed size that are just as lively as they were when I bought them, but can't legally use anymore. Who thinks up these foolish laws....rediculous.
Cawfee's on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7305 on: Jan 10, 2017, 04:17 AM »
Good Morning IW, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I have been battling one of the nastiest flues I believe I have ever had. I think the last time I had anything close was at least 10  years ago. I acquired a cough to go with it a couple of days ago, the kind that breaks ribs. I called the Dr yesterday but would have been further ahead calling a Vet. He assured me I am not alone and other than letting it run it's course, there is nothing he can do  :cookoo: I felt like a million bucks after his little pep talk :thumbsup: Anyway another day of lying low is on tap.

Hope you are able to get on some safe ice IW, it has to be gnawing at you big time :%$#!:

Crazy law for sure Eddie. Just when I think we have them all covered here I find out Mn missed one ???

Hope the first day of your adventure went well Capt. You are and have been in our thoughts and prayers Sir!

WW should finally be getting into Minnesota sometime later today. I am sure the weather has tried to make the ride memorable.

Hope you all have a good day if hitting the ice :icefish: Stay safe and carry the rule book with. It's getting to be too complicated to rely on memory anymore.

WS

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7306 on: Jan 10, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Morning, ER's

Temps. are starting in the mid teens, 16*F., going to the high 20's - tomorrow is the heat wave

Mason - I understand the reasoning involved with the certified bait, do the G.W's strictly inforce the rule with the in-state fishermen?

W.S. - In times like yours being sick, 'rock & rye' is the beverage of choice

I.W. - Another couple days of cold should make the ice ready, yes?

The treatment went well for the first day, just cold in the room where the machine was, the techs. were good , so this should be close to 'problem free' unless there is a
     problem with the machine, time will tell
     One of my 'backup' ponds has the skim ice snow slush layer on it, that will be gone by tomorrow with the warmup and the rain that is predicted - ugh
     The wife gave me the 'green light' to road trip to good ice north , if I so chose, that was unexpected, have to investigate this further
     I hear the dog, time for light breakfast for me, 2nd cup

For those fishing today - Be Safe - Keep Warm - Have Fun
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7307 on: Jan 10, 2017, 05:24 AM »
Capt  I am glad that things went well  for you yesterday. Some of those treatment rooms are sure kept cold. Make them give you warm blankets.

WS I feel for you having the flue. I can almost remember when I had it the last time. I had to usher at a friends wedding on July 15th of 1961. My docs nurse just laughs when she has to ask me if I want a flue shot every year. Never have and never will!!!!

Edddie We had that stupid minnow receipt law for a while. The finally did away with it.

We got hit pretty bad with wet snow last night. Looks like 4 or 5 inches. I have to get it blown before the rain starts. Not going any where other than to town for the next few days with the guessers guesses.  Supposed to be going into the city today and tomorrow but I think that is going to be a no go.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7308 on: Jan 10, 2017, 09:29 AM »
Going in for a few more hours today to stay out of the wind. Looks like another 2 days of 50's Hope to get out tomorrow and not go for a plunge.

Good to see treatments are going well.  Hope the WW are doing well

Hope you get over the crud in no time Marv.  Time to run.
Bud

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7309 on: Jan 10, 2017, 01:22 PM »
 ;D Good day all! Feeling much better today, I think that flu bug is finally letting loose. Got to work one more night and then I'm done for the week. Still hoping to make a nighttime crappie expedition one of these first nights. That was quite a hit Jordy took last Sunday, Heard that he fractured 2 ribs. Don't know if he'll be able to answer the bell against Dallas Sunday or not. Next man up! Going to go raid the frig for a spell. Have a great day all! ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7310 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

The wife bought me some good cold flu medicine to help with this nasty cough. I took it before bed and have been bouncing off the walls all night. I feel very similar to how I felt in the late 60's early 70's minus the music from Peter, Paul and Mary ???

Anyway, it's a good time to kick off a Birthday party. Help yourself to the cake, it has the special low calorie frosting so eat up :thumbsup: Coffee and cups on the counter and a spanking paddle hanging on the nail ;)2

Happy Birthday Bud. Wishing you many more Sir!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7311 on: Jan 11, 2017, 03:50 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
33* and warm winds out of the SSE blowing 15mph, high in the mid 40's today...warm front moved in.

Happy Birthday Bud!!!  Wishing you a very happy birthday today and many, many more!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
Marv...excellent job with the cake...that's a fine oak paddle to boot!  :clap: :thumbsup:     Might try an extra large hot toddy in the evening....8oz. boiling water, 1 packet of herbal tea, let steep, add 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 of lemon juice, 2 shots of brandy or your favorite whiskey...repeat as necessary...night night!   ;)2. Hope you can beat that bug soon... :thumbsup:
Iowa...glad to hear you're up and running again, good luck with the night trip!
Tom...hoping NY follows your state at some point with the bait law or perhaps even lengthening the expiration date....just can't figure out what makes a State certified minnow bad on the 11th day?   :cookoo:  That's NY...
Capt...glad to hear the treatments are going ok for you, less the room temp., continued success!  I personally haven't had a problem with any of our ENCON officers concerning the bait/law but have been checked a few times. Keep us posted on the " green light ", maybe we can set up a small gathering on Lake George when it's ready!
Jeff/MW....hope you guys found some good ice!

Was on my way home yesterday from work yesterday, had transmission failure! It started slipping, pulled over, popped the hood, entire engine compartment covered in tranny fluid...not good. Blew the line going up into the radiator. Made a repair last evening, filled it back up with fluid, won't hardly engage in gear.....think its smoked.
It's been a great truck, but its got a ton of miles and time to go the pasture. Now shopping for a newer vehicle.
Well, cawfee's on Marv....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!   :icefish:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #7312 on: Jan 11, 2017, 03:54 AM »
              Good morning WS, ER's,
                      Happy Birthday Bud, Like Marv said wish many more! :clap:
                      Well yesterday we got out on the big lake, LG, and it was disappointing at the least. We got to a hot spot
              from last year, Jon set 1st and nothing, I set up 1st hole right of the bat I caught a dink Perch, then nothing.
              We moved all over the place and still couldn't dial them in, then my flasher screen lit up, I had something big on
              it turned out to be a Smallmouth Bass, :%$#!: Then said that he was going to set up some tip - ups , His comment
              was if I'm not catching I might as well not catch Salmon or Lakers. We continued to jig after we got some tip-ups in,
              then I got a flag on my deepest tip-up, it was a hit and spit, bait was dead, I put a new one on, got back to jigging,
              The flag went off again another hit and spit, about 2 minutes later Jon hooked on to the Laker it took him a while
              to land it, it was short! After a while a guy I know came out and said he was on the other side of the lake and said
              that he didn't catch one Perch, I said well you're wasting your time here we're not getting any. He drilled a bunch of
              holes and fished everyone of them, he left. We weren't far behind him. A very disappointing start on the King, I hope
              it had something to do with the weather changing!

My Bass

The bay!
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out fishing, I'm blowing snow this morning about 6"
               fell overnight!
                      I see Eddie posted while I was typing, sorry to hear about the truck, is it worth finding a used transmission?

IW

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #7313 on: Jan 11, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Good Morning, Everyone

It's raining out so the temp. is above freezing, 37, supposed to go to the mid 40's, snow and ice are gone off the deck and driveway

Happy Birthday

I.W. - At least it was not a total 'goose egg', even thou not a good day -  the best are yet to come

Mason - Sorry to hear about the wheels, how far did you have to travel to get home after hose let go? If time for a newer one, get what you want, not what you need

W.S. - The changing weather does not help any being sick - Get well quick, the fish are calling, I can hear them

Hope the W.W.'s made it ok to fishing camp

Treatment was good yesterday, the room was warm this time, 2 down-43 to go - with this rain, any ice nearby is going to dangerous, supposed to stay warm to the weekend,
     ppfftt

Time to prep. before leaving

For those working/fishing - Stay Warm - Be Safe - Have Fun

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7314 on: Jan 11, 2017, 05:52 AM »
I am sure glad, I must have a natural immunity to the flue. I have not had a bad cold since I started drinking a cup of OJ for breakfast every morning. Now if there was something that could make my worn out body go back 20 years.

We had 5 inches of new snow on the ground yesterday morning. I got it all blown just as the sleet started which luckily turned to rain fairly quick. It rained for a long time. The winds were blowing 30 and gusting to the high 50's. Quiet this morning but below freezing so the roads must be icy. Waiting for day light to see if any trees went t down on the lot behind us.

I talked to my son last night. He got 3 inches of snow and had to go to work so he could not get it blown so his drive is a mess.

EDDIE To bad about the tranny. At least you could fix the line and then refill the tranny to check it out. My 83 explorer has not dip stick or fill tube so it has to be put on a lift to check and fill it.  Brilliant engineers.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7315 on: Jan 11, 2017, 07:09 AM »
Morning all from Waskish MN,

Finally made it thru some nasty travels. Will be on the lake this afternoon. Not sure of cell service out there so may or may not be able to give you updates.
WS....feel better soon,  I know there'should a walleye or two waiting for you ;)
Happy Birthday Bud!
Eddie....sorry to hear of your truck issues, always something huh?
IW...better luck next trip, at least you were able to get on some ice.
Capt....continued good luck with your treatments, thoughts & prayers sent.
TT...careful on those roads.
Have a good day stay safe.

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #7316 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Happy Birthday Bud!!

WW sounds like you travelled thru the stuff that hit my area yesterday.  I'll be heading out on Upper Red on Friday morning for 3 days.

Picked up a nice pike that went into the short board area yesterday.

Gotta go blow the crap that fell from the sky last night!!

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #7317 on: Jan 11, 2017, 09:18 AM »
Bud, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! If that's your cake that Marv posted a picture of, I hope there wasn't a problem getting a permit from the fire department!!  ::) Warm temps and rain here for the next couple of days!! The only ice is going to be on my back!! It popped out this morning!! Heading for bed with it now!! Everyone have a better day than mine!!  ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7318 on: Jan 11, 2017, 09:49 AM »
Good Morning ER's  hang in there OS the back issues are a B have many myself. Bud happy b-day and many more. YG good luck on Red someone else on this thread is out there now you might be able to get the latest info or hook up together. Eddie sorry to here the tranny situation I know new would be ultimate; there is a way to check junk yards nation wide had to search for rare parts before. IW hope you have a better outing next time your pic looked awesome I like seeing ice like that. Marv your lucky the feeling is temporary no need for flashbacks don't ask how I know that. Captain hope your treatments run smooth as possible. have a safe day to all

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #7319 on: Jan 11, 2017, 01:18 PM »
Red Lake is out for me,  positive for influenza.  Guess my time off from work will be sick time not vacation time!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.