The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Great Pond Belgrade  (Read 578 times)

Offline Frustaci18

• IceShanty Rookie
Great Pond Belgrade
« on: Feb 22, 2024, 11:43 AM »
Taking our yearly ice fishing trip the 27th, we are staying at a house in the cove next to long point. If anyone could give me ice conditions, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Offline geofisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Great Pond Belgrade
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2024, 08:52 PM »
Haven’t been on Great Pond but I was East Pond last week and on Long Pond Wednesday Feb. 21. Measured 11” of ice in the main basin of East last week. 13” of ice on a sheltered cove on Long yesterday. Suspect Great Pond will be similar Be careful though. warm weather and rain coming next week will impact ice a lot.

Offline Jeffdunn1991

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Great Pond Belgrade
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2024, 03:01 AM »
I was on long yesterday and we are up for the weekend . We found about 12-14” of ice inthe coves on northern long pond . But there is a huge wide open pressure ridge running across the whole lake from the island to the inlet of great pond … ice is plenty safe where I am and where I was taking the quad . But surely it could get sketchy wuock out towards the middle channels and narrows . Use caution , pay attention to ice color around you and stay out of the channels and you’ll be good to fish around all great

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.