Author Topic: tring  (Read 4245 times)

Offline chriswy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gonna need a bigger hole!!
tring
« on: Mar 02, 2004, 04:42 PM »
I have never caught a burbot however there is a resevoir near me that has had them illegally planted about 7 years ago and now the lake is overrun with them i tried one evening to catch them but that did not work out so well. It is a reservoir in the plains and has a few trout and carp and i believe suckers in it is all and now ling. If anyone could give me some ideas on what to try or where to try i would be greatly appreciative.

thanks

chriswy

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
Re: tring
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2004, 05:00 PM »
find a hump in the lake, or off a point...somewhere where the bottom changes from deep to shallow, or an inlet stream...fish towards the deep side of the change in bottom...bounce your jig off the bottom when you jig.  tip your jig with bait, and use the biggest glow in the dark jig you can find...soft baits also work excellently. fish from sunset to mid night, the best bite sould be between those hours.  hope that helps

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2004, 07:06 AM »
YA i would pretty much do anything that Jake tells me to do regarding Ling ...or actually didn't BArly and Barly DOg beat you out on the Title of King Ling Master Jake>?

LOL you must defend your title jake as i do believe the score was 6-1..now that would be a skunk for sure wasn't even close (poke poke)
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2004, 08:26 AM »
I know when I take out friends I expect them to catch way more fish than I do. That is because I'm taking the fish off the hook for them, fetching them a beer, rebaiting, drilling the holes etc. Generally doing the little things to make sure they have a good time. Some times I don't even fish if there is alot of people. You would be a hard guy to go out with cause I would probably be at your hole constantly removing the baby ling from your line and fetching the kleenex to wipe the tears from your eyes due to the trauma of it all. Also if you caught some of the fish we did out west , why I'd probably have to clean your shorts too :-[

trapperdirk

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2004, 08:49 AM »
 I see your reading the Germ exactly Terry . ;D

Offline chriswy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gonna need a bigger hole!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2004, 12:55 PM »
Thanks for the information i will have to give it another try this will be something new i am used to catching trout and mostly fish for lake trout so i have plenty or larger jigs. Also all i can tell is maybe some people on here are a little jealous of other.

chriswy

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Burbot King!  HAHAHA!  Yeah that's plain awefulllll.  I could see it now, the titles of Kin Ling master, Carp Master, Bullhead Slayer, and Sucker Pro.  What a resume eh!
Terry,  Jake never did bait my hook, nor give me refreshments, or take a fish off the line.  I should get a rebate huh?  ;D ;D   
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2004, 04:16 PM »
Oh Terry Oh Terry i see the gauntlets have come off eh? LOL  I like the Baby Ling and Klenex comment nice laugh there..As far as Trappers 2 bits...Ya know he has one coming...AS i do believe His scouting didn't Land us any fish and since we were in his neck of the woods he should have been fetching us beer's and cooking for us etc etc etc...But as i remember it ...Ya he didn't even go with me to the beer store to pick up His Own case of blue...ROfl ...But hats off to the old guy for staying up so late for a old fella and he only had to change his diaper once...LOL ..I'll have to keep my eye there on Terrys posts from now on as he did throw the gauntlet down.....Tight lines all
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2004, 05:11 PM »
Thanks for the information i will have to give it another try this will be something new i am used to catching trout and mostly fish for lake trout so i have plenty or larger jigs. Also all i can tell is maybe some people on here are a little jealous of other.

chriswy

Just goofing around chris, we like to have fun here too, as well as give good info...Laker jigs should be perfect for burbot.  Anyhow Jim, i did snap a few pictures when i should have been jigging :P No excuse though!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2004, 06:15 PM »
Also Side note here is Jake has had 71 Burbot was it to my 4 burbot this year....And mine don't even reach what jake would consider keeping...He might use them as bait...but never would he keep them,...TSK tsk great eating at any size jake! Tight lines!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2004, 10:55 PM »
Yeah the smaller they are, the better they taste heh Germ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.