Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 215807 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2340 on: Jun 10, 2023, 04:59 PM »
Got an update on brother Cliff, in Washington, diagnosis arteries blockage in operable to lower body, so so plans are for hospice care at home. So sad to be dealt this in later years of life  :'( :'(
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2341 on: Jun 10, 2023, 06:54 PM »
Well Haye to see all the bad going on with everyone here, but see some good news as well. So will post some fishing pictures for all to enjoy and maybe have some dream time for going out. Was a good day today except the dreaded wind came up but the boat handled good but had to switch to cranks since I could not control speed or location very well. But did throw back 2 little walleye and lost 2 trout, one with a crank bait still attached, threw back 3 trout and had a couple other hits and misses on harnesses and cranks, and caught a decent crappie. All in all a good day on the water.

Baby antelope and baby seagulls popping around.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2342 on: Jun 10, 2023, 07:07 PM »
IFF......so sorry to hear the news about Cliff  :'(  Will keep him and all the family in my thoughts and prayers  :'(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2343 on: Jun 10, 2023, 07:41 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

First off

Bud.....very sorry to hear about your brother Cliff. He will be in our ongoing prayers.

Fish....Excellent pictures :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone that offered condolences and prayers for the passing of my b-i-l and keeping my Sister in your thoughts. She has been handling everything very well, better than I certainly expected. I have spent a lot of time with her and would have today also but a neighbor needed some trees cleared for a septic mound system on Tuesday. I had a big oak to knock the top out of along with 5-6 other smaller oak trees. Tomorrow I will haul a good portion of the wood home. Tuesday I will head back to my sisters to see what she has on my list.

The girls take off for a week of fishing in northern Wisconsin. With everything that has gone on for the last couple months, culminating these past few days, they need some quiet time.

I will check in when I can. Take care and stay healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2344 on: Jun 10, 2023, 09:09 PM »
 Good evening , sunny here today with a high temperature of 74 . like others sections of Ny. the wildfire smoke has moved out air quality at 8 this morning. nice change after being over 100 on Friday. Prayers for those wounded in mass shooting this past Friday in San Fransico .
Hunts2long good to read all is well with your wife and there was no blockage in her drain tube may the tube get removed soon . Nice to hear she can start eating 'normal foods and you did not have a lot of traffic leaving NYC. Sounds like it will be a noisy weekend by you with the high powered boats on GSL .
IFF sorry to hear your brother Cliff is in poor health. rough past few days for you between your daughter dealing with sinus headaches and the china not selling now this news. Adding Cliff and your family to my prayer list. May you have a good trip back to Tennessee and find everything in good shape when you get to the homestead .
Wallyworld good to read you received more rain to help the garden of course the trade off is grass will grow and need mowing .
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the photos congratulations on the good fishing. nice to hear you boat was able to handle the wind today. little surprised to see the seagulls then remembered areas of your state also have populations of pelicans.
whopper stopper good that you can help your neighbor and will get some hard wood out of the deal. may the girls have good fishing and a safe vacation. glad to read your sister is holding up weel so far now comes all the post funeral things that must be done to settle Arnie's estate may all go weel for her in that process.
Ice Wanderer,Eddie may it be computer issues and no emergency that kept the two of you from posting today.

Have a good Sunday folks. Best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2345 on: Jun 11, 2023, 06:06 AM »
52* and some sun.

WS, good to hear that your sister is doing well. I am sure the girls will enjoy some time fishing.

Mr. C, we don't get any of the boats up here, speed limit above the bridge is 30 mph but they were running pretty good yesterday PM out in front of Sport Island Pub. They will be gone today.

IFF, keeping your brother in our thoughts.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2346 on: Jun 11, 2023, 06:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy and a comfortable 56*, high of 77 today. Air quality is at 40 this morning.  :clap:

Marv…I’m very glad you’re close enough to be able to help out your sister and spend time with her through such a difficult time. Thoughts and prayers continued everyone. Best wishes and luck to the ladies with their annual fishing trip, hope they have good weather and lots of action on the lakes!  :thumbsup:
  Bud…man, so sorry to read that about your brother, thoughts and prayers are with you all.
  Steve…had computer issues yesterday morning, believe a certain granddaughter spending the weekend ran my IPad out of juice again!  :whistle:
  FH4…thank you for sharing the pictures and nice job on the catching!  :clap: Hope the wind has calmed down today and you can get back out on them…good luck!  :thumbsup:
  H2..good news on your wife and glad your trip to the City was uneventful.  :clap:  Going to be some roaring thunder on the reservoir today!
  Wally…perfect day yesterday for the Little League game other than the loss, lol. Hope you were able to get out on the trike for an ice cream ride…today looks like another good opportunity!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope your weekend project finishes up early today so you can enjoy some of the nice weather that moved in.  :thumbsup:

Busy day yesterday with the grandchildren, Little League game at 11am and an outdoor dance recital at 3. Good time at both events and the weather couldn’t have been better.
  Lawn is bouncing back after the rains we received, mowing on the planner once the dew dries up. Might try the stream out later and see if I can get into a few trout with my son.  Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2347 on: Jun 11, 2023, 07:08 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sounds like a fun day yesterday despite the loss  ;)2

H2L.....guessing all the fish in the lake are hiding out this weekend  ::)

FH4.....thanks for sharing the pics, hope the wind lets up  ;)

WS....glad to hear your sister is doing well, I'm sure all the support she's received from you these past few months has helped her immensly  :bow: :thumbsup:

IFF....hope all is in good shape at the farm  :)

Club meeting this morning, a ride somewhere this afternoon  :clap:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2348 on: Jun 11, 2023, 08:36 AM »

Good morning ER's      Bud sorry to hear your brothers situation; and your daughters sick. Prayers to you all. My daughter and I took in 3 hrs. worth of a Local Golf Tournament for PGA Seniors here  before heat had given us enough. A lot of big names here and holy cow can they still crush it off the tee. Clan having get together with mother today at 11. Bud I'll call you soon.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2349 on: Jun 11, 2023, 08:31 PM »
Good evening, a little warmer today with a high temperature of 83 feels like the humidity level also has risen . This weekend NY. public high school Spring sport championships were played have to check the lacrosse results. I also believe one or two baseball or softball teams for my area may have made it to the state championship games for their class.
Hunt2long thank you for the info. on the high powered boats and GSL speed limits in different sections of the lake. Nice that you are not directly exposed to the loud engines .
Eddie thought your I-pad may have been borrowed and not charged after use by one of the grandchildren. Good to know there was no family emergency or serious computer issue. may your grandson's little league team start stringing together a series of victories. hope you and your son/sons had a good day at the stream and each brought home a few trout .
Wallyworld may the club meeting have gone well and everyone have had a good post meeting ride today.
Old Goat nice that you and your daughter were able to watch some of the "big name" PGA seniors play in the local golf tournament. may your mother have enjoyed the family gathering today .
IFF may you be safely home in TN. prayer said for your brother.
Whopper Stopper may the girls have arrived safely at their vacation location and have a good week of fishing . i hope you and your sister got some things done today plus enjoyed spending the day together.
Ice Wanderer guessing you were busy working with neighbor this weekend. The push to get things done for people I'm sure has started as we get closer to July 4 TH .

May everyone have a good night. Keep safe,stay healthy. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2350 on: Jun 12, 2023, 05:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                   It's 55* and partly cloudy here on my Hill. ::)
                                   Eddie..........My grandkids use to do the same thing with the i-pads but they were taught a lesson. They couldn't use them because
                       of dead battery, they learned real quick to plug them in after they used them. :blink:
                                   H2l.............It must have been a busy weekend on the lake. :whistle: I'm glad that you made the trip down state without any problems. :thumbsup:
                                   Wally...........It's good to get out on the open road after a meeting to clear the air. :whistle:
                                   Marv............Your support to your sister must be rewarded in some way. My prayers continue for her. :( You also need a break from ot all
                        and some tree therapy is a good way to do it. :flex:
                                   Bud .............My condolences goes out to you and your family about your brother. :(
                                   Steve...........I'm glad the sports teams in your area resumed play. Congratulations to all the teams that have made it to the finals. :clap:
                                   I didn't post over the weekend, I was running late every morning going to my weekend job.
                                   I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2351 on: Jun 12, 2023, 05:44 AM »
Morning all,

IW......hope today is an r&r day for you after working all weekend  ;)2

H2L.....hope today's gas line install goes smoothly  :)

WS.....good luck to the "fishers" this week , fingers crossed for nice weather and hungry fish  ;D

OG.....hope your Mom and the clan enjoyed the get together   :thumbsup:

Eddie.....how was the fishing yesterday ???

The club will be donating $4,000 to Believe 271 Foundation from last weekend's ride  :clap:  we also set out a boot for donations to Feed our Vets and will be giving them a $75 donation  :thumbsup:

Nice day for a ride yesterday, ended up just west of Eddie's area for our ice cream break  @)  rain in the forecast today  ::)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2352 on: Jun 12, 2023, 06:34 AM »
60* and some clouds.

WW, I am hoping they get here today, he was supposed to leave a message on Friday.

When I took the garbage out this morning there was a good size snapper laying eggs in the same spot she laid them last year.

Hoping I get out on the lake at some point this week. Talked to my cousin over the weekend, he is thinking about selling his boat, his wife doesn't like him going alone.

Hope everyone has a good and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2353 on: Jun 12, 2023, 07:34 AM »

Good Morning ER's   Still chilly here for a few more days. H2L have you ever eaten snappers? WW good job on the Fundraising. Mom was big into Honor Flight here for a long time; she did enjoy yesterdays clan get together. She smiled more waved more and we all got along. This is what she said she wanted  a long time ago from us kids. The Goat did score at the junk store again a Eagle Claw Trailmaster looks like it is in new condition with the case. Total cost with some tupperware pieces .75 yeah  Have a great Monday all.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2354 on: Jun 12, 2023, 07:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 62*, high of 76 today.

Wally…CONGRATULATIONS to your club with another successful fund raiser, what an awesome job!!!  :clap: :bow:  Was that a new record amount?   
  Jeff…hope you have a relaxing day today, but if that log pile is on the planner, be careful with the saws today!  ;D  :thumbsup: 
  Steve…our fishing plans kind of fell apart yesterday, son was wiped out after hand mixing a new concrete slab for his barbecue area. Understandable, 20 (80lb) bags handled several times will do that..been there before!  ;D  Hope your local teams did well in the Championship games.  :thumbsup:
  OG.. glad you had a chance to watch some of the Senior’s play, glad you all had pleasant day together with your Mom also!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud…sorry the china sales didn’t work out well for you, we experienced similar results with my Moms collection’s of china and Hummel’s. Hope you had safe travels back to the farm.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…have a safe day moving the wood today, hope to get a report on how the ladies are doing…best of luck to them!  :thumbsup:
  H2…funny you mentioned that, been seeing quite a few snappers lately on and just off the roads getting ready for the next generation. Good luck with the fishing this week, hope your spots produce!  :thumbsup:

Saw on the local news our mayor had a statue of Philip Schuyler removed from its resting spot of nearly 100 years in front of City Hall on Saturday morning starting at 5:30am.  Will bite my tongue on that, but would much rather have seen the crane lifting both her and the Governor on the back of the truck to be stored somewhere else…maybe next election.
  Some garden therapy today…. Cawfee’s still hot!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2355 on: Jun 12, 2023, 08:48 AM »
Well yesterday was a good day minus having trolling motor issues but all and all but did catch a few.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2356 on: Jun 12, 2023, 12:34 PM »
Got them here too  ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2357 on: Jun 12, 2023, 09:05 PM »
 Good evening, cloudy sky here for most of daylight hours received a brief period of light rain earlier. I took a look at the NYSPHSAA website earlier and see there were a couple repeat champions in Boy's lacrosse from last year. Looking at the teams who made it to the championship games the better public high school teams still reside in the two long time hot beds for the sport Central NY. area and Long Island. two girl's softball teams from my area made it to state final games .Marlboro(Ulster county) and S.S. Seward (from my county of Orange high school named in honor of former secretary of state Seward best know for being involved in the U.S, land purchase of what is now Alaska. Sadly both teams lost their games. In baseball Chapel Fields from my county won it's game for the Class D championship.
 A change is coming to the long running TV game show Wheel of Fortune  host Pat Sajak is retiring after the 2023-24 season which starts this September. Pat has been the host since the show came on the "Air" in 1983. While he will not be seen on TV he will serve as a show consultant for 3 years upon retiring from his host position . No word in the article if his long time co-host and letter turner Vanna White will also retire.

Ice Wanderer as others posted may you have taken a day of R&R after working this past weekend . Have you heard any thing yet from the MRI on your shoulder.
Wallyworld congratulations to your club on the successful benefit ride. the two of you cover a lot of the state with your bile rides each season.
Hunts2long may Suburban propane have shown up today and the gas line now be relocated and waiting to be connected to your new cook stove .
Old Goat good to hear your mother enjoy the 'clan" gathering.
Eddie sorry the fishing trip did not happen mixing concrete by hand and then transporting it even with a wheel barrel will wear you down . On the statue removal i can only say opinions. Views have changed over the years and now many statues of historical figures are being removed because of the person being involved in things that are now looked at with disfavor.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations on a good fishing trip, may the trolling motor issue be easy to fix .

Everyone keep safe and do your best to stay healthy. best to all fishing this week.
  Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2358 on: Jun 13, 2023, 04:36 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello, heading out to the lake  :thumbsup: Will catch up with you all later  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2359 on: Jun 13, 2023, 05:35 AM »
56* cloudy and windy.
WW, good luck on the water.
I called Suburban first thing yesterday morning, they have me scheduled for 6/20, what a joke. All their techs are doing generator installs. We use propane for the whole house and we have already paid next years, have for 20+ years.

Been seeing a lot of geese but not many young ones, only one family with 3 little ones.

Eddie, if I heard right in cost 40k to move it.

F/H4, nice fish.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2360 on: Jun 13, 2023, 05:58 AM »
Good Morning Wally, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 56* with a nice breeze this am, high of 72.

Wally..best of luck with today’s trip, hope the bite is on!  :thumbsup:
  H2…sorry to read about the delay, hopefully everything will go as planned next week.  :thumbsup:  I’m almost afraid to think of what they have in mind for replacing the statue…time will tell I guess.
  Steve…congrats to the Chapel Fields team taking home the Championship!  :clap: 
  FH4..wow, very nice haul, awesome job on the catching!  :clap: 
  Marv…hope your day went well with the wood project, best of luck to the ladies with today’s outing!  :thumbsup:

Mulched my raised beds yesterday with finely shredded straw, was getting tired of pulling weeds and this seemed like a good alternative. Have used grass trimming’s and leaves in the past, but like the new appearance of the straw and hopefully it helps with the weed control.
  Little League game this evening, not too many left to go.  Cawfee’s on…

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2361 on: Jun 13, 2023, 05:59 AM »

Good morning Doug, ER's,
                            It's 58* and cloudy.  ::)
                            H2l...........I don't understand these companies, they schedule an appointment for one day then change it without notifying you. :%$#!:
                            Wally........That's a good sum of money you all raised. :clap: :flex:
                            Eddie........I feel for your son, I too have done some concrete mixing from bags and it's a tough job. :whistle: My sentiments exactly on
                 The removal of the statue. You can't erase history by removing the statues. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
                            Marv.........How did the tree work go? ???
                            Steve.......I haven't heard anything yet, there is a web site called "My Healthy Vet" that I can get and check out my information, but
                 I had trouble try to get on it a couple years ago. Maybe I'll try later today. :whistle:
                            Fish.........That was some nice catching despite the trolling motor issue. :flex:
                            OG..........I've had snapper, mmmmm. :thumbsup:
                            I'm going to try and tackle the wood pile today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2362 on: Jun 13, 2023, 08:52 AM »

Good Morning ER's  56* here should hit mid 70's maybe. I got a call to come in for a CT scan so that's on my plate for today. Good luck to team WW today. Easy does it on the wood pile IW.  Be good Stay safe  have fun.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2363 on: Jun 13, 2023, 10:19 AM »
Funny thing about history is you have to know it to not repeat it and it seems like some are trying to remove all the history so that they can try something that worked in the past to take over, just hope there are enough of us that remember the past to keep it from happening, just worried about the next generation and all the false history they are being taught. But I know for sure my kids are taught the real history of the nation and we try to show them the false and truth together so they can see when people are trying to pull the wool over on them. Hopefully it will stick but you know the saying I can show you water but can never make you drink. Well everyone have a great Tuesday as yesterday work went OK and then lawn care for a bit, but did get some rain after the mowing so the grass should be happy. Have a good one everyone.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2364 on: Jun 13, 2023, 12:14 PM »
Steve
There are wild fire fighters that have come all the way from South Africa to help out.
Seems they like a little song and dance too.  ;D

https://fb.watch/l8neeFpWPJ/

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2365 on: Jun 13, 2023, 05:21 PM »
I arrived back at the “farm” 2:45 AM this morning. Had a lot of smoky mountains fog when I got into my area of Tennessee. Turned out to be a 14 hr drive that included a detour of sorts. Got trailer loaded and ready to go a lot later than anticipated Monday morning, but at least had no rain on the way.  Surprised it was 44 when I got here

I got a call from my niece Sunday evening at 10pm saying that my brother was home from the hospital at 3:00 laid down then Found he had passed at 5:00 in his sleep.

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2366 on: Jun 13, 2023, 05:53 PM »
Bud....I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your entire family.

Life brings tears, smiles, and memories. The tears dry, the smiles fade, but the memories last forever.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2367 on: Jun 13, 2023, 05:53 PM »
Evening all,

IFF…..my condolences on the loss of your brother  :'( RIP Cliff

Eddie….hope the team gets a “W” tonight 😁

IW….not a bad day to work on the wood pile, better than those 90* days 😉

H2L…..another fine example of lousy customer service 🤬

WS…..any word on the kayak fishing trip?

Not a bad day on the water, 3 legal eyes 6 shorts, 3 perch and a sheepshead. All released to play another day 👍🏻

Opened the bakery yesterday to try a new recipe, rhubarb bread. Turned out pretty darn tasty !!

Have a good night. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2368 on: Jun 13, 2023, 06:52 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Another near 90 again today, my grass is shot :%$#!:

WW... The fishing has been tough for the girls for some reason. They are having an excellent time and they are catching some fish but things are slower than last year. One problem they had was 1 1/2 days of winds gusting to 25-30mph. They had to fish a couple of smaller lakes so they didn't get blown away. The s-i-l had an issue with her Enclave yesterday. It was running rough and a light came on. The brought it to an O'Reilly's and the code wasn't anything to worry about. Today it ran fine....Awesome looking rhubarb bread :thumbsup:

OG...Hope the scan went well :thumbsup:

IW...I have been working on trees for the last 4 days. My sister asked if we could do something fun tomorrow so we are going to a fishing pier on one of the local lakes. I haven't fished with her for many years so I am pretty excited. The lake is poor at best so I'm  not expecting much, I'm just glad she wants to go.

Eddie...Don't forget your glove tonight ;D Hope the team wins big :thumbsup:

I got a call from the gun club yesterday about knocking down 15-20 nice spruce trees. They are bringing in a new building for a club house and need to make some room. I wish they would have given me a little heads up, hopefully I can hammer them out in a day and a half. My phone has been pretty busy with people wanting tree jobs done. I have been telling them I will get to them, but my first priority is my Sister. So far everybody says about the same thing, "add me to your list, no hurry".

I am bushed, and it's only 7pm Lol

Hope everyone has a good evening :thumbsup: Stays safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2369 on: Jun 13, 2023, 06:58 PM »
Well made breakfast for dinner, that went over good. Hope everyone has a great end of Tuesday and a great start to hump day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.