Canada > Ice Fishing North West Territories

New NWT Resident!!!

(1/3) > >>

Whitefish Slayer:
Hey Guys!!
I've been on the site awhile and normally posted pics from New Brunswick!!  I just moved to Fort Simpson NT about 3 weeks for work and have all my gear for some fishing and hunting with me, new ski-doo purchased as well.

I hear some amazing stories about the NWT and I can't wait to experience the fishing up this way.
I'm right on the river here but i'm not sure what the ice fishin would like. seems to have a good swift current running through it!

Hope to see you boys on the ice some where!

Cheers

Phill

TGF:
Yeah your that easterner that likes burbot......you are wise beyond your years Whitefish Slayer ;)
Welcome to the great white north.

Whitefish Slayer:
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

Well thank so far it's been an amazing adventure beautiful country

Drifter_016:

--- Quote from: Whitefish Slayer on Oct 19, 2008, 01:26 AM ---Hey Guys!!
I've been on the site awhile and normally posted pics from New Brunswick!!  I just moved to Fort Simpson NT about 3 weeks for work and have all my gear for some fishing and hunting with me, new ski-doo purchased as well.

I hear some amazing stories about the NWT and I can't wait to experience the fishing up this way.
I'm right on the river here but i'm not sure what the ice fishin would like. seems to have a good swift current running through it!

Hope to see you boys on the ice some where!

Cheers

Phill

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the frigid north Slayer!!!!
What posessed you to move to Simpson?
The closest I have come to Simpson is driving past the cutoff on the way to Alaska for my vacation.  :D
If the fishing is anything like I had in Ft. Smith (lived there for a year) there should be good pike, ling, walleye and whitefish to be had.
Make sure you post your successes and failures, and don't hit the ice until the locals do. I don't want to hear about you in News North.

jabers69:
Good luck up there Whitefish Slayer. I want to see lots of pic .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version