Author Topic: Newbie on Lake Simcoe?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
Newbie on Lake Simcoe?
« on: Jan 28, 2007, 05:42 PM »
My friend and I are wanting to head up to lake Simcoe next weekend and was hoping some of the members here could give me a little infromation.I am undecided between going to Whiteys Huts or to Steves ( which I heard are the old Hales).Does anyone have any preferences between the 2? Also can anyone reccomend a decent place to stay overnite? Thanks in advance top all. Pete/NY

Offline striker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Newbie on Lake Simcoe?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2007, 08:27 AM »
I fish Simcoe quite a bit for whities and lakers but never rent huts. We either walk out or use snow machines to move around. So I cannot really comment on Steves Huts or lodging in the area. However, you might get some feedback by asking your question on the Fishing Lake Simoce board at this address.    http://www.lakesimcoemessageboard.com/  Hope this helps a bit.

Striker

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:19 AM »
 ;) Striker-Thank you very much for that great link on Simcoe.That helps me out immensely.Good Luck fishing! Pete

Offline striker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2007, 10:06 AM »
Your welcome....I'll be coming to Mtrl for a week (Feb 8th to Feb 15th). Would like to try ice fishing around the Mtrl. area. Any pointers on where I might go for walleye or perch. It will probably be my one and only opportunity to fish in Mtrl/Quebec this winter.

Striker

Offline mcwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2007, 10:37 AM »
hey guys.  fishlakesimecoe.com or lakesimcoemessageboard .com are out of commission and have been for a week or so.  if ya go onto the Ontario board and look up a guy named germ, he can help ya out.  germ's got great knowledge of the east side of the lake and if you're going out from Keswick he's the guy to speak with.  send him a pm or just start a thread.

there's also a good simcoe thread on there.

tight lines

Offline striker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:25 AM »
The lake simcoe board is back in business...hive it a try.

Striker

Offline striker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2007, 01:45 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.