The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: dead  (Read 3237 times)

Offline mt-mike

• IceShanty Rookie
dead
« on: Mar 16, 2023, 12:41 PM »
what happened to this forum? both pages are dead. having to switch to the other ice fishing forum for reports. its not the greatest but more info and stuff then we have on are forum.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: dead
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2023, 03:49 PM »
I think everyone is crap full of winter. LOL To bad as it's some of the years best fishing.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline njoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2023, 05:40 PM »
 Saw lots of people on the ice at Canyon Ferry as I went by last weekend-----no reports. Some may be getting tired of being told they are doing something wrong. I haven't fished much at all this year and it is a long season so far.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2023, 07:54 PM »
I think that social media/crowds/fishing pressure/etc. has just made people more tight lipped...

Offline njoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2023, 09:18 PM »
I am sure you are correct there.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2023, 05:19 AM »
I think that social media/crowds/fishing pressure/etc. has just made people more tight lipped...

NY pages were all much slower too this year but our ice wasnt great so lots of smaller waters got hit hard. Limited locations and more and more people on social media stalking backgrounds definitely contributed to the lack of info this season.

Offline H_Valley_Carpin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2023, 10:10 AM »
My money is on fishing pressure fatigue. Every time someone posts that they had a decent day, the mob descends and that spot is blown out for weeks. Or maybe newbs are starting to realize that having a little bit of space on the ice is more valuable than posting every single fish they catch on Instagram for the likes. There will always be ego driven anglers that can't help but spout off every time they catch four 8" perch, but I think a lot of veteran ice anglers are starting to catch on to the serious impact internet fishing reports can have on a lake.

Offline mt-mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2023, 11:20 AM »
then whats the reason for this forum if not to share?

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2023, 12:16 PM »

Share information, but not to “hot spot”!
Sometimes a poster will let his ego overtake his common sense! Get off the computer and find out for yourself…unless that’s too much work!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline mt-mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2023, 02:05 PM »
well driving two hours to find out its crappy ice then drive home is no fun.a little info would be good.its people like you that spoil this forum.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2023, 03:01 PM »
well driving two hours to find out its crappy ice then drive home is no fun.a little info would be good.its people like you that spoil this forum.

…and how do I do that?

I’m not talking about specifics like ice conditions etc., I’m referring to the guy who identifies an impoundment, and then brags about the number of fish he’s caught. I post when I have general information which benefits those on this forum, and have been a contributing member for several years. I think your comments are misdirected.

Good Fishing, Ski

Offline mt-mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2023, 05:43 PM »
in that case i am sorry that i took the wrong way.the info i am after pertains to ice , roads ,etc. again  sorry!

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2023, 05:49 PM »
in that case i am sorry that i took the wrong way.the info i am after pertains to ice , roads ,etc. again  sorry!

No problem, and no apology necessary. We’re all in this together! 😁

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2023, 12:22 PM »
Typically the guys that make their own reports are the ones catching most of the fish

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2023, 01:09 PM »
I agree that people need to stop hot spotting lakes.  I would like to see more involvement on ice and road conditions reports though.  Some lakes hardly ever get updated.  And when they do, it’s usually “anyone been to (insert favorite lake) lately.”

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2023, 05:26 PM »

More about ideas than blowing up spots. Farcebook is a better option for tattletales.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline mt-mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2023, 04:54 PM »
wow now i understand this forum is to whine about hot spotting.the lakes are not big enough?

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 21, 2023, 06:11 PM »
wow now i understand this forum is to whine about hot spotting.the lakes are not big enough?

Hey Mikey, if you want specifics, might I suggest other forums and fishing sites?
I personally appreciate the way this forum is handled, and how the majority of posters are careful about hot spotting and blowing up an impoundment no matter how big it is. I think that’s called being responsible, not whining!

Stick around awhile, and I hope you’ll see what I’m talking about!

Good Fishing, Ski

Offline liprippin49ers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Mar 22, 2023, 09:16 AM »
From what I've seen on this forum is if you give out information you get bashed by the people who just sit on here all day and make comments on every possible thread just for something to do. I'll gladly give out reports especially for ice, snow, and roads, but I can't even get a response for that.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 22, 2023, 10:03 AM »
From what I've seen on this forum is if you give out information you get bashed by the people who just sit on here all day and make comments on every possible thread just for something to do. I'll gladly give out reports especially for ice, snow, and roads, but I can't even get a response for that.

What kind of response are you looking for? The kind of information you speak about is important and valuable, and is appreciated by those affected. IMO

Offline liprippin49ers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2023, 10:14 AM »
What kind of response are you looking for? The kind of information you speak about is important and valuable, and is appreciated by those affected. IMO

I understand that information is valuable and important. That's what I'm talking about. I have posted questions simply about that type of information, and rarely get responses. I don't need to know exact info on depths, locations, and exact fishing spots. However, if someone wants to know I'll let them know how I did and where at. Fort Peck is absolutely huge, and the fish move so much that it doesn't really matter how I did in a spot a week prior to. It changes day to day. I've just noticed over the past few years if someone states that fishing was hot in a specific area or lake there are more negative comments towards that individual.

Offline mt-mike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 22, 2023, 10:30 AM »
liprippin49ers could not have stated it any better

Offline PyroZuki

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dip-Dip-Jerk
« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2023, 10:53 PM »
what happened to this forum? both pages are dead. having to switch to the other ice fishing forum for reports. its not the greatest but more info and stuff then we have on are forum.

Which other forum do you speak of?

Pyro
I live in MT, so when I ain't huntin, I'm fishin!
Boy the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days