Massachusetts > Ice Fishing Massachusetts

A Slushy Hellscape on Plainfield Pond

<< < (2/4) > >>

NCSnowDog:
I’ve fished Plainfield several times and only got tiny perch. Looks like some good bass would be in there though.

IceDog88:
Bog- You’re a brave man and give you lots of credit for getting out on that stuff with the unknowns. Wasn’t going to chance it with those conditions today. Hopefully better weather ahead and fishing.

Sam Gee:
I tried Plainfield once, I saw lots of fish on the flasher but it was hard getting bites.

Phishing.Hacker:
I am the guy from Springfield. I fished 8-1230 got 3 flags and 2 meh sized pickerels, jigged up 4 small perch almost bait sized ones.

Action was slow yesterday, usually get a lot of flags there with runt pickerels. Sometimes its better to run 5 traps and not jig there.

I left because I got sick of the horrible ice conditions and slow fishing, my right foot sank past my ankle twice. I saw you get wet, that helped me decided to leave.

Its gonna be cold this week, but calling for snow again on Saturday.

I am doing open water today, and might be throwing the towel in.................... .............

bogtrotter:

--- Quote from: Phishing.Hacker on Mar 06, 2023, 06:31 AM ---I am the guy from Springfield. I fished 8-1230 got 3 flags and 2 meh sized pickerels, jigged up 4 small perch almost bait sized ones.

--- End quote ---

Nice to finally meet you.  (I've seen your posts before).

I should have thought to ask you if you were on Ice Shanty and, if so, what your "handle" is.

You certainly did better than the rest of us.

But at least I'm able to check off my 15th lake/pond for the season, which I think is a new record for me.

I'm hoping to get out again next weekend, but hope the slush isn't as bad as it was yesterday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version