Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Augers

Ion Alpha Gen3 in da fish house

<< < (2/5) > >>

missoulafish:
The new centering rings are composite. Going on my third year with the 10' G2, no issues.

sra61:
I've used the Gen2 for a couple of seasons, and had no problems with it. Biggest issues with electric for me has always been cold sucking the juice out of them and we fish long days from before sunrise, to 8-10 pm every day, so I had 3 batteries to make sure I lasted all day. Chancey had a new Gen3 Alpha Plus in his shop. When I saw the word "Turbo" and plus, my credit card was drawn quicker than a six shooter! Tim Taylor was always my hero! So I gave the Gen2 to my brother and I'll test the Gen 3 this winter.     

WYcoyote:
A 10 pound weight savings compared to my Eskimo Rocket P1 propane auger was something I could not resist.

I snagged one too, the 10"model. And a spare battery.

Wow, does it ever feel light.

Like the ergos and build quality.

Haven't hit the ice with it yet. Will have to see how it goes. Hoping it is durable.

Did I mention it is really light?

FishingCowboy:

--- Quote from: sra61 on Nov 15, 2022, 01:30 PM ---I've used the Gen2 for a couple of seasons, and had no problems with it. Biggest issues with electric for me has always been cold sucking the juice out of them and we fish long days from before sunrise, to 8-10 pm every day, so I had 3 batteries to make sure I lasted all day. Chancey had a new Gen3 Alpha Plus in his shop. When I saw the word "Turbo" and plus, my credit card was drawn quicker than a six shooter! Tim Taylor was always my hero! So I gave the Gen2 to my brother and I'll test the Gen 3 this winter.   

--- End quote ---

If John doesn't like the Gen2, I know somebody that could use a donation......... ;D

Knife2sharp:
The variable speed alone has me highly considering ditching my Gen2, which I've had zero issues with. Another feature that's a game changer for us wheelhouse guys, and all the other companies will be copying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version