Massachusetts > Ice Fishing Massachusetts

Is Corn the real trout Killer under the ice

<< < (5/5)

BASSQUATCH:
With all the trash, litter, and everything else tossed in the water, plastic worms are at the bottom of my worry list.

ronbgood55:
I think that "EVERY LITTER BIT HURTS " . On top  of the ice, below the ice.on land and in the air. SPL's (soft plastic lures) STUFFED RAINBOW  TROUT are show up in my bag limits. ARE THERE ANY OTHER FISHERMAN catching SPL rainbow trout??? I wonder how many rainbows die of SPL'S AND LAY ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POND.Or maybe that's the answer to"GEE, THE STATE HAS NOT STOCKED THAT MANY RAINBOWS THIS YEAR!!! I wonder how many SPL's lay on the bottom of Quabbin???? also does the SPL'S stay there at the bottom of the pond after the fish dies?????I have a chemical background and know what plastics can do(Plastic Coating Corp,Scott Graphics, James River Graphics and Rexham Graphics) 32 years....

taxi1:

--- Quote from: ronbgood55 on Mar 21, 2022, 06:41 AM ---I think that "EVERY LITTER BIT HURTS " . On top  of the ice, below the ice.on land and in the air. SPL's (soft plastic lures) STUFFED RAINBOW  TROUT are show up in my bag limits. ARE THERE ANY OTHER FISHERMAN catching SPL rainbow trout??? I wonder how many rainbows die of SPL'S AND LAY ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POND.Or maybe that's the answer to"GEE, THE STATE HAS NOT STOCKED THAT MANY RAINBOWS THIS YEAR!!! I wonder how many SPL's lay on the bottom of Quabbin???? also does the SPL'S stay there at the bottom of the pond after the fish dies?????I have a chemical background and know what plastics can do(Plastic Coating Corp,Scott Graphics, James River Graphics and Rexham Graphics) 32 years....

--- End quote ---

I've read some plastics can last centuries in landfills.

ronbgood55:
I agree with you Taxi     but those plastics BREAK DOWN while laying around  for centuries to some NASTY COMPOUNDS and some invert back to their basic elements.I'll leave right here and not get into a lot of Tech stuff. All those Green HILL  mounts of stuff  (land fills)are no better than the LAND FILLS under the ice. Those Green Hills cast a image that every thing is Hokey Dorry...have you notice that a lot of LAND FILLS are located near water,rivers streams, ponds and I notice ONE pond next to a river with no trees/weeds????I know that they ice fish below this pond 1 mile away.. Plastic has made life easy here in USA but we have to learn to control it . What do you think>>>>>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version