Montana > Ice Fishing Montana

Some people are clueless!

<< < (2/30) > >>

wirehairman:

--- Quote from: Snitch#8 on Jan 10, 2022, 08:46 AM ---  I've been a hunter and fisherman for over fifty years now.  I truely believe that "EVERYONE" has the right to their opinion, especially on a website designed to iniate conversation.  Even though I believe that it is your right, I have to say that in this case you are wrong!  Encouraging litters to put their trash down the hole is not a good thing.  Obviously, it wouldn't be around for others to see, but it will still be poluting the water.  And, if I can't see what you are leaving behind, I can't do my part to help keep the water clean!  I do agree that the ice would look better, but doing what you said is actually worse then leaving the trash on the ice.  There is no chance of someone disposing of it properly if a plastic worm container is laying at the bottom of a lake.  Just saying.

--- End quote ---

I believe PerchPounder was just referring to putting perch skins or any other leftovers from cleaning fish down the hole versus leaving it on the ice but could be wrong.

Snitch#8:
If that were the case, I'd agree with him.  Hopefully, you're right by giving him the benefit of doubt.  Although, that may be illegal.  I know it is in Michigan.  Although, I never could understand why you can't throw fish parts back into the water.  It helps feed other organisms and fish that die in the lake don't appear to hurt anything!  I guess if it were legal, everyone would do it and then there would be more fish parts in the water than there would be by fish dying.  I'm no biologist just my 2 cents!

Rebelss:

--- Quote from: wirehairman on Jan 10, 2022, 09:39 AM ---I believe PerchPounder was just referring to putting perch skins or any other leftovers from cleaning fish down the hole versus leaving it on the ice but could be wrong.

--- End quote ---

Check your state laws too...doing that here with any fish parts will get you a ticket.
Best thing is having 3-4 of those annoying plastic bags from stores with you when you go fishing. Try to return with at least a few filled with trash, becuz you know that some just won't do it. ::)

PerchPounderMT:

--- Quote from: Snitch#8 on Jan 10, 2022, 08:46 AM ---  I've been a hunter and fisherman for over fifty years now.  I truely believe that "EVERYONE" has the right to their opinion, especially on a website designed to iniate conversation.  Even though I believe that it is your right, I have to say that in this case you are wrong!  Encouraging litters to put their trash down the hole is not a good thing.  Obviously, it wouldn't be around for others to see, but it will still be poluting the water.  And, if I can't see what you are leaving behind, I can't do my part to help keep the water clean!  I do agree that the ice would look better, but doing what you said is actually worse then leaving the trash on the ice.  There is no chance of someone disposing of it properly if a plastic worm container is laying at the bottom of a lake.  Just saying.

--- End quote ---
Maybe read before you post
 ::)

PerchPounderMT:

--- Quote from: Rebelss on Jan 10, 2022, 11:34 AM ---Check your state laws too...doing that here with any fish parts will get you a ticket.
Best thing is having 3-4 of those annoying plastic bags from stores with you when you go fishing. Try to return with at least a few filled with trash, becuz you know that some just won't do it. ::)

--- End quote ---
not here...leaving them on the ice might tho

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version