Author Topic: Jiffy Ice Auger  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jiffy Ice Auger
« on: Mar 23, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Wondering if someone can give some advice on my issue .I installed a new blade in my auger as i felt the old one was shot ! But it doesn't cut the ice like it used to , it shaves it into a fine dust , almost like snow ? It used to cut with the ice coming up like crumbles ( sorry , not sure how to say this , the ice came up in small chunks ? ) .Is there a chance that the bottom plate is bent ? I am going to check the plate tonight to see if something changed but at this point i have to apply pressure and even then it cuts very slowly ? It's the recommended blade from Jiffy so that's all good , Any ideas ?
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline Newman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Jiffy Ice Auger
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2020, 07:43 AM »
Hi
This might sound silly but has happened before. Make sure blade is installed correctly.you can bolt on top of plate where blade goes or bottom . Google images to double check correct way.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2020, 08:21 AM »
Yup make sure blade is installed right and sharpen the center point.if the center point is dull it wont cut good.

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2020, 06:36 AM »
Brand new blade , I also contacted Jiffy and it was recommended to look at the bottom plate which i did , banged it down as the said and it is cutting better , will need to do a bit more but a whole lot better , not sure how the plate could bend but seems to be the ticket .It was installed correctly so that was not the issue
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2020, 07:34 PM »
 i've never heard of "banging it down" being good for an ice auger.  you could try shimming the blade to get a more aggressive angle or just go to an auger that spins the proper direction  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.