Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Which portable should I get????

(1/3) > >>

livin4ice:
I am getting ready to buy a new portable.  I am torn between the Frabill Ranger XLTwin and the Fishtrap Yukon.  I'm looking for any info I can get on the pros and cons of each.  I am a tall guy (6-05) so I have to say that I like the height of the XLTwin.  What do you all think??  ???  ???

Livin

iceonly:
The Frabill is a nice shanty. I have fished it and other frabill shanties with a guide I use in Wisconsin. He is on their pro-staff so all his portables are frabills. They seemed to be well made and comfortable to fish out of. I don't think you could go too wrong picking either of them.

YR bender:
I agree with Livin. I am 6-4 and just purchased a Yukon. When you are sitting down, the height doesn't matter too much. You just have to watch your head when you stand up. You would look mighty bad wearing a shanty for clothing LOL

High Tide:
I would like to add a question to this.... Where can you find the best price on these portables?

YR bender:
In my opinion, Gander Mountain has the best prices on all the models. Indy has the Yukon, Scout, and Guide all set up for you to jig a pole with. Now, if they could just bring in some fish to catch or drill a hole through the floor........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version